First 56789 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine8 View Post
    You're so lucky to have a twin - it sounds as though you help to balance each other out...
    Indeed.

Though we got into an argument last night that to me was her Si/Fi versus my Se/Fe. Messed up! We go at it hammer and tongs sometimes. *laughs* But you know, a half-hour later, it's "I'm sorry if you're sorry" and it's over.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Why on earth would I discuss something I have no feelings or thoughts on?
    Did you read the first part of that sentence? If you don't mind that your emotions might be trampled upon, then it obviously doesn't apply to you.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    But you know, a half-hour later, it's "I'm sorry if you're sorry" and it's over.
    Sounds familiar...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Did you read the first part of that sentence? If you don't mind that your emotions might be trampled upon, then it obviously doesn't apply to you.
    ... Yeah. That's one of the conundrums we're talking about. I do mind.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

This thread is older and I didn't read all the other posts, but I'll reply anyway:

I am totally aware of my facade in public. I have a way of reading people so well that I can mirror exactly what it is they want. I come off highly charismatic, interested in their lives, and friendly. This isn't to say I may not actually feel that way, but I usually overdo the extent to which I truly feel any of this. I may also act very confident or at ease in social situations. Yet the real me, I find, is much deeper, complex, anxious, and cynical of people than I let on. I am only real to a few close friends who have been able to see past my fakeness and call me out on it.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

Ok for me, I can totally mirror people, which is something I need to control, or I loose myself. There are times, especially with very strong type personalities that I even feel it's impossible for me not to mirror them, which is a little scary.

I guess, when I am really just me "me", then I can be a really cool sweet person, but most of the time, when I am not me "me" and just the social lady, then I am just nice. Other times, when i feel intimidated by stonger type personalities, I will even come off as shy (whilst "trying" to be myself) But in front of them I'm scared to be myself because I am too worried what they will think about me, so...

ok weird, anyway, you get the picture, I am not trying to be fake it's more trying to be nice or socially acceptable. And maybe I'm worried that the real, just plain old, say whatever you want to say "me", won't be liked. So therefore I simply can't be me in front of everyone, cause I'm scared of rejection.

Deep.

cheers, dee

MBTI
    IsTP

I dated and ENFJ minister, and all I'll say is: if her flock only knew her like I knew her
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post

ok weird, anyway, you get the picture, I am not trying to be fake it's more trying to be nice or socially acceptable. And maybe I'm worried that the real, just plain old, say whatever you want to say "me", won't be liked. So therefore I simply can't be me in front of everyone, cause I'm scared of rejection.
    Yes, exactly.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WieldingTheSword View Post
    Yes, exactly.
    Yes hiding the crazy is always good

j/k
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*smears Kendo with peanut butter and feeds him to the chickadees*

I know what a facade is, and I try not to employ one unless I'm up to my eyes in a bad situation that needs saving. I can go chameleon and fit most places, but I'd rather not. It's too much of a strain, and plus, I don't feel that I'm truly making a connection which is the whole point of my life really. Making connections and trying to gain an understanding of others. How can I understand them if I'm wearing a mask?

My ENFP twin remarked not long ago that she didn't know a single INFJ/ENFJ who didn't have an outward persona of sorts.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious