First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Well from my experiences, NFJs self-disclose only to a selected few. When they do so, they inform them of everything. NFPs tells many people "unimportant" facts about themselves, but when it comes to the details, they tell no one.

Is that a fair assessment?
    SO ACCURATE I COULD KICK YOU WITH A RABBIT'S FOOT FROM HOW EMOTIONALLY DISTANT I AM
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTP

Excellent and informative post, Sunshine8!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine8 View Post
    3) Really ask yourself whether you can handle the ENFJ shadow. It can be very dark and destructive at times, and if you can't deal with seeing a happy, optimistic soul (that you normally look up to) scraping the gritty and horrific bottom of the emotional swamp (not pretty) then DO NOT GO THERE. Most ENFJs get a feel for who can cope with their dark side and who can't so maybe at this time in your life it should just be about being content and in company.
    Well said. Though I tend to be two shades of dark and darker anyway. I find my ENFP twin to be way more optimistic than I am. She pulls me out of many a funk. I try to offset with humor and concern.

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    SO ACCURATE I COULD KICK YOU WITH A RABBIT'S FOOT FROM HOW EMOTIONALLY DISTANT I AM
    I'm sorry, no one could hear you. You were simply too distant.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    hi i'm new,

a lurker, but now a member!

At work today, a colleague said to me 'I feel like you're hiding who you really are from me'

Do enfjs get this a lot, and why?
    Actually I can see why your collegue said it to you. I've seen some ENFJ's hiding their own self and own needs for the sakes of other people and it sometimes makes me a bit sad.. I have almost said it to few ENFJ's I know that "you don't have to act like somebody else with me because I accept you as you are". It's like they are sometimes sacrificing their own needs for the needs of the group but I guess it might be natural for ENFJ's and they might even like it. ?

Well from my experiences, NFJs self-disclose only to a selected few. When they do so, they inform them of everything. NFPs tells many people "unimportant" facts about themselves, but when it comes to the details, they tell no one.

Very accurate! That's what I mean when I say that I'm open but nobody really knows me. Meaning that I can tell all sorts of stuff but I'm not really tellling anything about me. I can tell everybody facts about my life but I'm not still revealing myself. I'm letting only very, very, very few people to see inside of me (and I don't mean physically inside of me, )

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I'm letting only very, very, very few people to see inside of me (and I don't mean physically inside of me, )
    I'm completely open. I even have photos of my insides from the friendly doctor, if anyone wants the hyperlink.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Really? I'd argue I'm less robotic, but y'know, some people can be awkward.
    I wouldn't say he's robotic, although the actor that plays him is probably not a feeler. I don't think we're yet capable of programming a robot with that patronizingly false earnestness. I would find a robotic demeanor delightful in comparison.
    Actually, the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that Lumbergh's character is supposed to be ENFJ, while Peter is ISTP.

One thing I don't like is when I'm talking in a group of people, and there's just one person staring at me, like, what is the deal with that?
    why does it matter?

I find it odd the way the topic is currently being framed in this thread. I don't think non-ENFJs are necessarily more open about their personal lives. In fact, I'd say that personal information is irrelevant to the vast majority of interaction. If you find your personal life is in constant danger of being used to your disadvantage and you don't like it, then 1. find more neutral discussion topics 2. maybe you should reconsider your career in international espionage.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

i salute you

"Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

My eNFJ BFF is scalding hot and frigid cold with me all the time. It's genuinely super fun once you learn to not take it personally. (And if you can get space from them when needed. Maybe not so fun if you lived with them.)

I've concluded it's because she's just limiting her interaction with others with Fe; I get the full-on Fe/Ni combo. ANd that it was more severe because she had numerous Major Life Event Changes this past year.

We have Ni Skype chats that last so long and that no one else would follow but us, and it's the best thing ever to connect with her soo easily when she's overseas doing her masters.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    find more neutral discussion topics
    Why on earth would I discuss something I have no feelings or thoughts on?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ENFJ

[QUOTE=PinkPiranha;405888]Well said. Though I tend to be two shades of dark and darker anyway. I find my ENFP twin to be way more optimistic than I am. She pulls me out of many a funk. I try to offset with humor and concern.

You're so lucky to have a twin - it sounds as though you help to balance each other out...
    Sunshine8

'A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.'
    - Caskie Stinnett