• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Fitness

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, I dunno if this has been done before. I've done a search and couldn't find one.

According to what I've read online, ENFP's are either addicted to exercising or find it absolutely boring. Unfortunately, I am like the latter and I was wondering if anyone knows how to change that ;)

I am specifically looking towards fellow ENFP's but all suggestions are of course welcome.

I like dancing and horseriding mostly. Unfortunately, horse riding costs immense amounts of money here and is not readily accessible in the big city.

Dancing I've always loved. And lately, I've mostly worked with belly dancing. But to do that daily is..boring. I do enjoy it a lot when I haven't done it in a while. Free style dancing is fun, but wears me out too quickly as I get lost in it.

So tell me, fellow ENFP's, how do you keep your exercise routine interesting? :)

(Note: due to physical restraints I cannot walk for a long time.)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
The only way I have ever been able to stomach the mere thought of exercising is to make sure I don't know I'm doing it. Ie forgetting to catch my bus and so HAVING to walk etc. The other way I have found to exercise whilst watching TV (ANd dexperately pretending I'm not doing anything) This has never really become a habit for me though and try as I might I can't be bothered to exercise the only thing I do love to do though is swimming (Don't get much chance any more) I love having my head underwater, it a different world down there, slower more surreal (Me likey!)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I like the results of exercising enough to will myself into it.

Maybe you have a similar problem to mine: STARTING is the worst for me. After I'm already running, I'm fine with it.. but Starting the running part and getting to the point of taking teh first 10 steps is what slows me down from doing it on a daily life sort of scale.

What I did was joined a gym. I put money aside and made the plunge because I already know if I PAY for something I HAVE to attend.. I picked a place with a pool, and free classes with a membership.. they have everything from hip-hop classes to boot camp exercises to yoga.

I sort of have a duty to keep up with my fitness because I'm in the army, but I do like it juuust enough to not be a total lazy bum. Social classes and enviornments are helping me out a great deal. Bonus: I always feel like I can't quit when I'm in a class, so it pushes me harder.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Some great advice there kyuuei I mite try and take some of it on board cos I definately need to get my lazy ass into gear!

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I just started lifting weights 3 monthes ago, but missed out on over half a month's worth thanks to Hurricane Ike closing down the place I lifted weights at.

I really enjoy it and can see myself getting deeper into it.

My advice on starting, is get someone to go exercise with you that you can talk to. If you're the only person there (or the only person you know there), you're going to get bored quick and stop the routine.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I get that way as well!! I've been meaning to ask my gym if I can bring guests in since some do that and some don't.. but Srsly, friends with a similar goal would definitely keep you on track!

Evan, when I move closer that way, we'll start working out together. I'll lift weights if you do floor work with me ;)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh Can I join in?! it doesn't matter what I do if you guys can just motivate me to move that will be a start :)

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Define floor work. If it sounds interesting, you have a deal.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
LOL! You're free to come :D

and floor work.. Ab work, free weight movements, maybe class-oriented stuff..

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I need to lose some fat on my abs, and start doing cardio shit, so yeah sure. I've been dreading those areas, so someone to work with will make it fun enough to be bearable.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, just sign up for a different type of dance class every month or so then.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is going great guys, keep it going ;)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
alright, im currently working on a blog that basically has every types profile and a workout that best suits them. and a diet. for the ENFP i literally didn't give a full profile. i didn't write out a specific workout that is. for the ENFP i basically said: an ENFP can either stick to a traditional workout or... do something that masks working out, to make it more interesting. i have the example of marital arts. it is fun, and different and always changing. there is also a value system to it and such (i dont feel like explaining that lol). it is challenging but not competitive. it is a phenomenal workout too. it builds confidence, and on a side note, the ladies like a man that can defend himself ;) . also i like a lady that isn't prissy ;) anyhoo... that was a horrible example but im slightly busy so its gonna be slightly crappy. dancing would be another example. anything that masks the workout. now i do a traditional 4 day bodybuilding routine and im fine with it, but i know alot of ENFPs that really like martial arts and dancing who are also in great shape. so try something that isn't your traditional workout that masks the actual workout. :) hope this helps

sorry for the half assed write up

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you're an ENFP you will probably suffer from muscle tension if you don't get excercise.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
If you're an ENFP you will probably suffer from muscle tension if you don't get excercise.
no. not necessarily. and i get muscle tension/aching from working out so if that point was true then im screwed lol. some ENFPs can get muscle tension from sensory overload and also from personal conflict on a daily basis.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I feel like I always have an abundance of energy, fitness (read: something to tire me out) is crucial for me to sort of my feelings and thoughts to behave in a *normal* way. When I'm low on energy, it fires me up. Basically, I highly recommend it to any ENFP who is looking for balance.

I mostly run, starting is always the most difficult part. I focus on a past run or experience outside that jazzed me up to motivate me to get my butt outside. I find weights fantastic for grounding me after an emotionally charged day.

For two or three weeks this works out wonderfully, then I get bored....

Two words: SURPRISE YOURSELF WITH SOMETHING NEW

I have a schedule that I alter biweekly, adding in more dancing, more skip-rope, boxing, swimming, rowing...... until i get bored and go back to running. I have an amazing gym pass that gives me access to every kind of equipment I have ever dreamed of, but for runners out there, give a constant change to your run route a try. Treadmills are repetitive and you end up in the same place you started every single time. A new route interrupted with some surprise elements like sit-ups, hill runs or planks will keep you thinking of new ways (it's a P thing) to challenge yourself (mentally and physically)

Try goal setting too, maybe not for certain events at first but for benchmarks of ability. Example: I want to be able to climb up all 4 flights of stairs at work without getting winded, or, I want to stay energetic all day without being burned out after giving so much attention and enfp-ness to people around me.

I live for challenge, it's like a giant sign that says "Bet you can't" that is just begging to be climbed or torn down. I think this is the main factor to why I can run long-distance and focus for 10-35km on running without chasing squirrels or something relevant. PLUS!! It feels really really good. Happy fitness-ing!

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
yeah I hate structured or traditional exercise. I have to trick myself into working out, like dancing or I can walk/run if it's pretty outside and I have music and I can daydream...that way I don't realize how far I've gone. :)

I like yoga too, it helps with toning, balance and flexibility especially since I hate weights. And it's fun.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I do no exercise then lots. But I'd be on the addicted side most of the time.

I find the most motivating thing for me is playing a sport that is fun, or just randomly joining games of sport rather than playing for an official team. I've never been to the gym, I've intended to lots though :). I'm huge on core strength and stability work like sit ups and stuff and will go them still when not playing any sport. With sport I play ice hockey which is always fun, you don't even think about getting tired till you collapse at the end. I had problems at the start with smashing people, and I still apologise occasionally if it's not a clean check :), but I actually enjoy the challenge of being in the corner fighting for the puck, and love skating cos it has the coolest feeling and you move so quickly. It's like the world is running at your speed and you are no longer an ENFP who is stuck in second gear waiting for everything to catch up.

So yeh, go for what interests you. Like if you see something and think damn I'd love to do that, do it. As an ENFP it will be more productive than planning runs or gym sessions.