User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFj

Yeah I do, specially if I spend too much time alone.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFP

I am now

I don't know why, but I want to switch off rom everyone, not explain myself to anybody, just be by myself. I miss home but am depressed at the thought of going home. I feel lonely and yet I know I have friends. I think my relationship sucks and yet I know I have it good.

Yeah, wish I was back to being cheerful again but I think I'm enjoying this too much
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

And here I was trying to avoid allowing myself to stew in my own juices. No wonder I'm getting these feelings of burn out. The problem is I just end up stewing in a loneliness that I can't cure unless I stop the actions brought about by feeling lonely. Fucked if I do, fucked if I don't?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Yeah I do, specially if I spend too much time alone.
    Yes, especially during these times.

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    I am now

I don't know why, but I want to switch off rom everyone, not explain myself to anybody, just be by myself. I miss home but am depressed at the thought of going home. I feel lonely and yet I know I have friends. I think my relationship sucks and yet I know I have it good.

Yeah, wish I was back to being cheerful again but I think I'm enjoying this too much
    I switch off everyone too. I don't care about anyone, or anything. I become bitchy and morose. There is always a reason and I can usually peg it, but I do nothing about it. Though I do find when I talk about it I feel loads better, but it doesn't go away. It comes and goes.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

There's always a reason to be depressed! Find it, dwell on it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Depression coincides with thinking. When we are ruminating, we are not happy. It is very difficult to engage in "happy" thinking since happiness is a very consciousness-less, active feeling. You don't ruminate over being happy. You just feel it.

So how do you become happy? Re-engage in relationship with the world, every time your thoughts turn back to yourself blow them back out to encompass the beauty of life. Realize the essential, liberating meaninglessness of all things. Live entirely in the moment and let go of any regrets of the past or fears for the future. They are illusions.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Live entirely in the moment and let go of any regrets of the past or fears for the future. They are illusions.
    Tell that to my burn outs :ouch:
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is perhaps a difference between lesser melancholia and (greater) depression? If the emotional spectrum of human beings was represented by a deep well, depression would be rock bottom and melancholia would be the state of dangling halfway down, aiming for a better perspective?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Depression coincides with thinking. When we are ruminating, we are not happy. It is very difficult to engage in "happy" thinking since happiness is a very consciousness-less, active feeling. You don't ruminate over being happy. You just feel it.

So how do you become happy? Re-engage in relationship with the world, every time your thoughts turn back to yourself blow them back out to encompass the beauty of life. Realize the essential, liberating meaninglessness of all things. Live entirely in the moment and let go of any regrets of the past or fears for the future. They are illusions.
    Am I sleeping? Have I slept?

This is very close to what I've known for years, but I know more than I'm able to express with clarity. Well done. A vague, related quote from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which you may have seen me quote before: "The past cannot remember the past. The future can't generate the future. The cutting edge of this instant, right here and now, is always nothing less than the totality of everything there is."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^^ very well put synarch