First 23456 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I often get the feeling that socially, NTs could do the whole social thing but just don't feel like it. And being able to do something is just as good as doing it in my book. "Can and don't" is awesome; "can't and try" is frequently cringe-worthy, and those sorts of NTs can be wearying, although generally I'll get along with them better than others do.
    I know the sorts of things I need to do and say to blend in. It's not a great mystery. It's just.... why bother?

I knew someone an college, probably another INTP, and she told me something that I've held on to "it's true that things won't make you happy, but people won't make you happy either."

That being said, I've put effort into improving my relationships with my family. A trick I've found recently is that I have just as much power over the quality of my relationships with someone as they do. I can feel myself slowly becoming a better conversationalist, and that's awesome. It just involves taking what seems to me like risks. Normal puts people to sleep.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

love - malleable, quick minds

hate - malleable, quick minds

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    NTJs- Really smart
    NTJs-not as smart as they think they are
    lol
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

NTJs- Really smart
    What about NTPs?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

NTJs- Really smart

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Absolutely love how smart, clever, witty and self-assured they can SEEM, as it helps me refocus, rebalance and reframe my own pov in a way that allows me to address my insecurities and move forward

Absolutely hate how they often seem to feel the need to point this out to everyone else and put them down in the process to feed their own ego coz their ability to put themselves in other peoples shoes hasn't caught up with their cleverness yet, and the ironic hypocrisy of needing validation by mocking others who actually have the balls to openly ask for it and admit their vulnerability hasn't sunk in yet. For all their intelligence, they somehow remain blind to this
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Love how much more logical and detached they are than me. Makes for a pretty interesting role reversal to hang around them and realize that suddenly I'm the emotional one. The T vs. T dark-humored banter is also pretty amazing. (Even better with NTPs, because Ne banter is my favorite.)

Hate when they think they're being logical and they aren't.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

Absolutely hate how they often seem to feel the need to point this out to everyone else and put them down in the process to feed their own ego coz their ability to put themselves in other peoples shoes hasn't caught up with their cleverness yet, and the ironic hypocrisy of needing validation by mocking others who actually have the balls to openly ask for it and admit their vulnerability hasn't sunk in yet. For all their intelligence, they somehow remain blind to this
    What specific domain is this in reference to? Romance?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    In my experience this isn't necessarily NT, but I suppose there's a personal compatibility factor to it as well.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    What specific domain is this in reference to? Romance?
    In general, tbh. I'm specifically talking about the obnoxious need to camouflage insecurities by bragging excessively about them being a superior being - and yes, Im using a hyperbole here to make my point, so no it's not always to this extreme or obnoxiousness. I get where it stems from, I empathise with it coz god knows that being paralysed by insecurity aint no joking matter but man, do you (general you) have to make it a chain reaction where you pass it along to the people around you so *you* can feel better about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    In my experience this isn't necessarily NT, but I suppose there's a personal compatibility factor to it as well.
    Granted, other personalities do that on their own territory as well. SJs often bitch and whine about how others lack a sense of duty and are unreliable, for instance. But this is an NT thread and I was specifically asked what bugged me (and what I loved btw) about NTs. What bugs me is the combination of the undeveloped ability for empathy - or thats how it comes off (NF bitching about their territory I suppose ) - though it could just be the unwillingness to use it, I suppose and the incessant need to be derogatory to others to feel better about themselves, thinly disguised by the reasoning that 'lesser beings aren't worth the effort to treat with respect.'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”