User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

My dad is an ENTJ. He taught me how to think analytically and he taught me humor of a dry sort. He is one of the more balanced people I know, but that probably has little to do with his being an NT. On the other hand, he does have a righteous judgmental side even though he doesn't express it directly much. I have my doubts about how much he understands and sympathizes with those less fortunate than himself, but he does try to help others in his benevolently patriarchal way.

He really is the only NT that I usually spend much time around. He is the only NT in my immediate family and I seem naturally drawn to other NFs. I have met some nice NTs before, but most of my experience of NTs comes from online communities. I love the intellectual debates of sites such as atheist forums which are filled with NTs. At the same time, I can only deal with NTs in large groups for very short periods of time.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Thinking clearly rates as highly important to me, so I appreciate NTs who step back and analyze things objectively and challenge my thinking. It has always been natural for me to form intimate bonds with thinkers. The only thing I don't like is when someone has an identity of being objective, but they aren't being reasonable, and so they use a false objectivity for blatant passive-aggressiveness. I don't fight with them, but they make me tired. That is a hard shell to crack. It might be associated with immaturity. I have not encountered it irl, but only online.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

What I love about the NTs I know: They can fix my computer. If needed, they can build one. I like it whenever they take me to computer stores and inform me on most electronics, what to buy and what to save money on (I feel so protected from salesmen).

I also love how we can share deep discussions from politics, art, culture, history, their philosophical views, inside jokes. I love their sarcasm (if it's innocent). . I used to like how my NT ex would wake me up on the cell phone on his way to work o tell me about the latest morning news on NPR. We'd both get into it.

I can't really find anything that I hate about NTs. There are specific undesirable traits I find in people, in general, that I dislike (cruelty, narrow-mindedness, arrogance, superiority), which applies to any types, depending on their values and upbringing. Other than that, I like talking to them in person. They're pretty funny, just as courteous, so long as there's a sense of mutual respect.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Love: their thoughts and logic
    Hate: their thoughts and logic

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default What do you love and What do you hate about NTs

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yep, NTs rock.
    They sure do. Love the insatiable thirst for knowledge, the quirkiness, the dry wit, the intensity, the determination to perfect the physical side of the relationship. I even love their arrogance, especially if they acknowledge it and can laugh at themselves. Of course this doesn't apply to all NTs. I've met som real SOBs who were NTs. Same qualities but in a twisted individual they can be ultra-ugly.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Gotto go with the dry humor and the arrogance streak. Very sexy. Also sometimes..very annoying :P Depends on how it is used.

I admire that they can have such rock-solid confidence in themselves and not care what other think, and yet occasionally I wanna pound their head against the wall.

I'm lucky to have a bf who is reasonable, and realizes that my thought processes might be weird and unconventional, but they DO work occasionally. He loves backtracking where my thoughts came from and finding the oh so very well hidden logic behind them. Then he verifies the results with what he would have thought of and he might not agree with me, but he does respect how I got there and the endresult as well. He will however make it very clear when I am not making sense (which is surprisingly little, but then again, he's known me for 10 years so..)

Also, despite being arrogant, if he needs to correct me, he does so in a cute way, instead of a demeaning one. And when we do have a 'fight', we don't personally attack, we question the problem and reasoning at hand. That helps a lot to keep the peace.

For all this, I'm more than willing to forgive his small lack of social skills and take that burden on me. He is my rock which allows me to be the sea and basically not have to be stable and strong one. That is such a relief.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I dated an INTJ for 4 years, so this is somewhat easy...

Loves:

-Their minds
    -Their desire for knowledge, learning, truth, logic, etc.
    -Their ability to keep you grounded and realistic
    -Their humor. Absolutely hysterical to me.
    -Their N. Especially when they are INT's... they are very deep and a wealth of insight.
    -Their social awkwardness. Again, moreso with INT's, but very funny.
    -The way they complement Idealists (NF's) overall.

Hates:
    -Their tendency to come off arrogant
    -Their tendency to BE arrogant.
    -Their coldness.
    -Their tendency to tell you what you need to do to fix your life/tendency to think they know you better than you do.
    -Their lack of outer passion.
    -Their disdain for emotion and feeling in life.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Love their intellectual curiosity, their quirky interests, their precise use of language, their fun humor especially if they can laugh at themselves if they're arrogant, their confidence in the areas they think they're competent, their few but completely genuine compliments (given in technical, particular language, free of BS).

Hate their inconsistent value of social rules (they can be as uptight as an SJ in certain areas, then oblivious or defiant with not following others), their impatience with prolonged emotional venting or ranting; and their view of giving attention as binary (off/on rather than on a spectrum) and viewing helping others as giving them space to "help themselves" because self-reliance is the highest virtue.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a shitton of INT friends and I admire their quirkiness and the originality of many of their ideas. I like how outrageous they can become sometimes, and I'm most happy when I see a gleam of real emotion on their faces -- a rare event, but it happens.

I hate their arrogance, though. And with a few of them it can be really bad.

REEAAAALLY bad. Like, comically bad.

MBTI
    ENFj

They always manage to smack me with reality and keep things logical, what I hate is that they can be arrogant and "cold".
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.