• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What are your opinions about INFJs?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
That may be but it seems way more pronounced to me in the folks of this particular type that I've known.

I agree, when I'm depressed I can fall into a "you don't understand me" silly wrapped up and self-absorbed behavior and belittling people's feelings about a situation.
It passes though, as much as I like to believe it won't.
:coffee:

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah... my few neurotic episodes usually resulted in me just blaming myself for everything.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
I agree, when I'm depressed I can fall into a "you don't understand me" silly wrapped up and self-absorbed behavior and belittling people's feelings about a situation.
It passes though, as much as I like to believe it won't.
:coffee:

Very familiar

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
If X happens to them, it's a horrible monumentous thing and they need time to get through it. If X happened to you, they'd tell you to 'get over it' and they'd wonder why you were being so weak.
I can see what you're saying with the first part (even if you didn't exactly do a very good job of actually saying it) but not the second. Telling people to just 'get over' their problems is pretty much the opposite of what I and other INFJ's I know do. The INFJ's I know are wonderfully sensitive to other peoples problems and we always get satisfaction out of helping out to the point that we often spend too much time caring for other people that we forget to take care of ourselves. We'll do things like staying in a bad relationship because we think we can 'save' the other party, often at our own expense.

The most empathetic person I know is an INFJ. He can also be a bit of a drama-king and end up spiraling into self-destructive behavior at times.

I will agree that I get a bit more self-centered when I'm having problems, like my current depression. I used to be a bit of a drama-king, too (only around people who I'm actually comfortable sharing my emotions with, though), but I've fallen into the habit of blocking out and numbing down all my emotions even since I got depressed. There's only three or four people who have any capacity at all to understand my problem (both NF's, naturally), but nobody else I talk to actually tries to understand the problem. They just brand me with the first self-pitying label they can think of.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like them a lot, they're awesome, competent people who are sensitive to others' needs. [/drunk]

Um, I mean they're ok.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can see what you're saying with the first part (even if you didn't exactly do a very good job of actually saying it) but not the second. Telling people to just 'get over' their problems is pretty much the opposite of what I and other INFJ's I know do. The INFJ's I know are wonderfully sensitive to other peoples problems and we always get satisfaction out of helping out to the point that we often spend too much time caring for other people that we forget to take care of ourselves. We'll do things like staying in a bad relationship because we think we can 'save' the other party, often at our own expense.

This has been my experience with INFJs. They inhabit their moods and so can be kind of tempermental at times but it usually passes quickly.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I like INFJs a lot. Both my parents are INFJ and I have good relationships with both. Nurturing, caring, interested, smart, sense of humor, optimistic, wise seems to be just a few of the good traits typical of INFJs. A lot of times when I come across a deep, thoughtful and sincere person I'll be quick to assume they're INFJ. :cheers:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think INFJs are a little too private and a little too sensitive (takes one to know one), but they're still amazing. Why? Because they're psychic. Don't give me that "I'm not psychic, I'm discerning" crap... you're psychic.

Also, without my INFJ mother, I would be insane.

EDIT: I would be more insane.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think INFJs are a little too private and a little too sensitive (takes one to know one), but they're still amazing. Why? Because they're psychic. Don't give me that "I'm not psychic, I'm discerning" crap... you're psychic.

Also, without my INFJ mother, I would be insane.

EDIT: I would be more insane.

Student by day, ghost hunter by night!

Penguin

MBTI Type
ENTP
narcissists, all of them yes yes :smile:
even the title is made in a typical INFJ modesty :yes:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, I have intutions that function almost like a 6 second pre-cog ability. I don't think INFJs corner the market on that stuff.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, I have intutions that function almost like a 6 second pre-cog ability. I don't think INFJs corner the market on that stuff.

We'll be happy to share it.

It's a common description that I think most INFJs don't like to be put under anyways. We may be "psychic" in some ways, but it's not as flashy or controlled as people seem to assume.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We'll be happy to share it.

It's a common description that I think most INFJs don't like to be put under anyways. We may be "psychic" in some ways, but it's not as flashy or controlled as people seem to assume.

Yeah, neither is mine. I get a flash of what a situation is going to turn into about 6 seconds (a full round for D&D nerds) before it actually happens.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Great, nice people but, some of them, when depressed, have a tendency to mire down their close friends along with them. In addition, some of them do tend to downplay their friends' problems in relation to their own. If X happens to them, it's a horrible monumentous thing and they need time to get through it. If X happened to you, they'd tell you to 'get over it' and they'd wonder why you were being so weak.
I've never brought anyone else down with me.

If anything, I naturally tend to downplay the stuff I've been through....I rarely ever see the need to tell anyone about it anyways (though I think people can notice that I have a lot of hurt inside regardless of what I tell them), and even when I do, I don't really go into detail much, but if I see someone else who's having a hard time, I'm always happy to listen to and support and comfort them in any way I can; it's the least I can do. I would never be so insensitive as what you explained.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
ahem..*never?*:devil:.
I would go crazy if I didn't exorcise "negative" feelings, how do you deal without venting to a close friend? It's compulsive for me until the feeling is "exorcised".
Hats off to you :p

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I do vent, but it's a very rare occasion, and only really to one person at a time (there is only ever one person at a time I feel comfortable enough to do that with, but all of the previous ones have, in some way or another, disappeared from my life, though I do have one currently, who will never leave me, and I'm very grateful for her :) ). Another reason I don't vent to anyone else really is because they tend to think I'm making it out to be worse than it really is, when all I'm doing is telling it exactly how it is, both from my personal perspective and objectively, and it can be rather frustrating (especially when such criticisms are coming from your own family, ironically being part of the problem themselves). I've also noticed that, a lot of the time, when someone gains full knowledge of it all, it somehow ends up being a turn-off, and they start to distance themselves from me, though how hurtful they decide to be while doing so varies. :(

And yes, I would absolutely never be insensitive like that. The thought of it wouldn't even cross my mind. It's just totally not like me.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I do vent, but it's a very rare occasion, and only really to one person at a time (there is only ever one person at a time I feel comfortable enough to do that with, but all of the previous ones have, in some way or another, disappeared from my life, though I do have one currently, who will never leave me, and I'm very grateful for her :) ). Another reason I don't vent to anyone else really is because they tend to think I'm making it out to be worse than it really is, when all I'm doing is telling it exactly how it is, both from my personal perspective and objectively, and it can be rather frustrating (especially when such criticisms are coming from your own family, ironically being part of the problem themselves). I've also noticed that, a lot of the time, when someone gains full knowledge of it all, it somehow ends up being a turn-off, and they start to distance themselves from me, though how hurtful they decide to be while doing so varies. :(

And yes, I would absolutely never be insensitive like that. The thought of it wouldn't even cross my mind. It's just totally not like me.

I am usually the mean one so I can't "say I sympathize" without being hypocritical because I'm usually the one doing it :(.
I only vent to people close to me, but being fake happy in public comes naturally.
They probably do that to you because they may be more "objective", they hear the facts but you talk about your feelings so depending on how sensitive you are the story can seem different.A lot of people don't take sensitivity seriously and think "Drama queen!"
(I have an enfp sister who is extremely sensitive, she heard a fireworks and was reminded of rifles in Africa and broke down in the middle of Disneyland.So if you had heard my side of the story and hers you'd think::shock: is this the same story?)
I don't think I've met other infjs...don't know what to say about them.
The ones on the forum seem nice so far, feels like family.:laugh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I want to find a cute religious INFJ girl and twist her moral compass.