User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Meh. That's human nature in general.
    That may be but it seems way more pronounced to me in the folks of this particular type that I've known.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    That may be but it seems way more pronounced to me in the folks of this particular type that I've known.
    I agree, when I'm depressed I can fall into a "you don't understand me" silly wrapped up and self-absorbed behavior and belittling people's feelings about a situation.
    It passes though, as much as I like to believe it won't.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah... my few neurotic episodes usually resulted in me just blaming myself for everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    I agree, when I'm depressed I can fall into a "you don't understand me" silly wrapped up and self-absorbed behavior and belittling people's feelings about a situation.
    It passes though, as much as I like to believe it won't.
    Very familiar

MBTI
    INFJ

If X happens to them, it's a horrible monumentous thing and they need time to get through it. If X happened to you, they'd tell you to 'get over it' and they'd wonder why you were being so weak.
    I can see what you're saying with the first part (even if you didn't exactly do a very good job of actually saying it) but not the second. Telling people to just 'get over' their problems is pretty much the opposite of what I and other INFJ's I know do. The INFJ's I know are wonderfully sensitive to other peoples problems and we always get satisfaction out of helping out to the point that we often spend too much time caring for other people that we forget to take care of ourselves. We'll do things like staying in a bad relationship because we think we can 'save' the other party, often at our own expense.

The most empathetic person I know is an INFJ. He can also be a bit of a drama-king and end up spiraling into self-destructive behavior at times.

I will agree that I get a bit more self-centered when I'm having problems, like my current depression. I used to be a bit of a drama-king, too (only around people who I'm actually comfortable sharing my emotions with, though), but I've fallen into the habit of blocking out and numbing down all my emotions even since I got depressed. There's only three or four people who have any capacity at all to understand my problem (both NF's, naturally), but nobody else I talk to actually tries to understand the problem. They just brand me with the first self-pitying label they can think of.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I like them a lot, they're awesome, competent people who are sensitive to others' needs. [/drunk]

Um, I mean they're ok.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I can see what you're saying with the first part (even if you didn't exactly do a very good job of actually saying it) but not the second. Telling people to just 'get over' their problems is pretty much the opposite of what I and other INFJ's I know do. The INFJ's I know are wonderfully sensitive to other peoples problems and we always get satisfaction out of helping out to the point that we often spend too much time caring for other people that we forget to take care of ourselves. We'll do things like staying in a bad relationship because we think we can 'save' the other party, often at our own expense.
    This has been my experience with INFJs. They inhabit their moods and so can be kind of tempermental at times but it usually passes quickly.

MBTI
    ISTx

I like INFJs a lot. Both my parents are INFJ and I have good relationships with both. Nurturing, caring, interested, smart, sense of humor, optimistic, wise seems to be just a few of the good traits typical of INFJs. A lot of times when I come across a deep, thoughtful and sincere person I'll be quick to assume they're INFJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think INFJs are a little too private and a little too sensitive (takes one to know one), but they're still amazing. Why? Because they're psychic. Don't give me that "I'm not psychic, I'm discerning" crap... you're psychic.

Also, without my INFJ mother, I would be insane.

EDIT: I would be more insane.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I think INFJs are a little too private and a little too sensitive (takes one to know one), but they're still amazing. Why? Because they're psychic. Don't give me that "I'm not psychic, I'm discerning" crap... you're psychic.

Also, without my INFJ mother, I would be insane.

EDIT: I would be more insane.
    Student by day, ghost hunter by night!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social