User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    The difference is partly what someone does with words (what it means, how it weighs).
    I thought that was an S/N thing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I know I'm an introvert but I've got this close friend who keeps insisting that I'm an extrovert and saying that I'm deluding myself from who I really am.
    I have heard that one as well. The extroverts think I'm introverted and the introverts think I'm extroverted. You can be both, you know.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I have heard that one as well. The extroverts think I'm introverted and the introverts think I'm extroverted.
    I can relate to that. A lot actually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ambiverted leaning towards extroversion
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ

Interesting that two ENFPs should say that they get those comments a lot.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Interesting that two ENFPs should say that they get those comments a lot.
    I think subconsciously, at least for me, it's in part the fact I tend to be the "maverick" in any given group. Naturally, due to my open mindedness, if you will, Ne's "exploring the possibilities" and all that. I don't know...

Default differences in I's and E's

I struggle with understanding this sometimes, too.

I feel more and more introverted but just last night, I was super tired but I had to get on a teleconference call. I was on it for 90 min after which time I couldn't fall asleep. My husband said it was bec I am an ENFP and I got 'energy' from all the people on the call. Is he right?

I used to think my dad was an ENFP but I just can't decide.

Given the choice in picking a place at Mass, he chose the left aisle near the wall (introverted behavior); when we had a bunch of company over, he sat very quietly in his lazy boy. loving to listen but only occasionally making comments, albeit fun ones; my mother used to complain that he was so energetic with everyone during the day at work but he would come home and just sit in his chair, having no energy left to give; he wasn't a very good communicator extemporaneously but given the time to draft a letter it could be good; he loved good food and music and was very, very warm and affectionate.

How on earth can I figure him out now that he is deceased? I really want to know. I am an enfp and I think my mother was an istj (also deceased).

My sister is an INFJ, my older brother probably ESTJ and my younger brother an enigma.
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    INFJ

I know I'm an introvert because of many reasons:

My tolerance for stimulation is low. When I'm in a small room full of people who are talking very loudly and over each other I start to feel like my brain is going to explode; a borderline panic-attack I suppose. The same goes for listening to music (that isn't my preferred music) at insanely loud volumes.

Also, I noticed that about 90% of my video games are one-player games; mostly RPGs. After a long week of classes and work, nothing sounds better than spending most of my weekend in my room by myself surfing the net, watching a movie, playing some video games, reading a book, etc. The last thing I want to do is go out and "have fun". I know it sounds lame and boring, but it's just how I am.

Unless it's a psychology (my major) class, I usually never raise my hand when the teacher asks a question. Mostly because I have to ponder ("introspect") it, and by the time I decide on an answer an extravert has already raised their hand, answered it, and the teacher has moved on to a new question. I hate it when teachers call me out of the crowd to answer because I require time to think when answering, which I am usually not allowed when under such constraints. Not to mention I can't think properly when the teacher and class are all looking right at me. Lame!

Anyways, I'm sure I can come up with some more key experiences I go through as an introvert, but these are the ones that came to my mind first. I'm not sure if they apply to all introverts 100% (I'm sure they don't), but I usually score as very highly introverted on any personality measure (Big 5, Eysenck's Personality Questionnaire, MBTI, etc.).

It's very interesting to me how some people are unable to decide if they are E or I. I think I have always known I was different from others in this regard, but it was a relief for me to know that there was a word for it: introverted. My mom referred to it as "anti-social" when I was young, or called me a snob for not being socially outgoing. I don't hold it against her because I understand where she was coming from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I have heard that one as well. The extroverts think I'm introverted and the introverts think I'm extroverted. You can be both, you know.
    Just like Elizabeth Wagele says that in a relationship one of the two becomes the relative extravert.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I thought that was an S/N thing.
    Really? Ok. I more often see paralells between E/S and I/N. I see S as an important aider of good communication.