• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs butt heads with which type?

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm curious to see which type INFJs historically have had the most problems with.

For me it has to be ESFJs. We don't seem to get along. Apparently, my personal style, general disposition, and failure to acknowledge rules, have put me on their lifelong sh*t list. In return, I find them annoyingly conventional, nosy, manipulative, invasive, gossipy, fake and cliquish. I don't feel as negatively about any other type. ESFJs bring out the worst in me.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Ouch, pretty harsh don't you think?

Maybe I'm only saying that because I really like ESFJs...

S

Sniffles

I seem to butt heads with NTJs a lot, especially ENTJs.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJs followed by ESFJs. Controlling ime.

Lightyear

Ouch, pretty harsh don't you think?

It's just a personal opinion.

I have met some very emotionally manipulative ESFJs (which made me really careful around this type) but I have also met some lovely ones who were incredibly caring and generous. In general I like this type, just have to check out first the emotional health of the person.

ESTJs annoy me. Zero imagination and too set in their ways and easily annoyed if people don't follow their rules. The bad ones really drain all life and hope out of me and turn the world around me grey.

SPs can also go on my nerves. They can be a lot of fun to be around but for an INFJ even the most fun person gets boring after a while if fluff and games aren't followed by some depth.

Scarlett

I have an INFJ mom and an ESFJ sister. They /try/ to get along, but it really doesn't work out. My sister has realized that when she cries and plays the 'you're a horrible person' card she can eventually convince my mom to go along with whatever she wants, but this is not without a whole lot of screaming on both ends.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
ESTJ...

I don't think I've ever called anyone a rude, unmannered, and cold hearted bitch in real life... until I met an ESTJ.. no joke, lol. She pushed every button on me like I've never seen anyone do before.. didn't turn out too well :/

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Hmm. I've found I actually butt heads more with other N types. They know how to twist and tweak information to fit their ideas just as much as I do and/or can punch holes in my thinking, namely EN_Js, whereas S types are pretty easy to convince/figure out/at least tolerate. My stepmom is an ESFJ, and as irritating as she can be, our conversations rarely involve conflict. But I also haven't met any E_T_ types that I know of.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was thinking ESTJ before I even read any of these responses-- so yeah, there seems to be a trend of some kind here. :)

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I have had trouble with ENTJs and ISTJs most often, I think. I've only really known one clear ESFJ, and I had problems with her, but I think that was less about our personalities and more about how crazy she was.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Hum me it's not so much about the type but Ts only for some odd reason. I either really love them or hate them. Especially XTJs...The ones I know in real life are 80% major stuck up intellectuals with two many books up theirs. The other 20% are just...*melts*.
but yes, mostly XXTJs.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was thinking ESTJ as well, but I've chosen ESTJs as mates twice--all that stability looks so attractive from a distance--and then wonder why we can't get along afterward!:doh:

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
I have had trouble with ENTJs and ISTJs most often, I think. I've only really known one clear ESFJ, and I had problems with her, but I think that was less about our personalities and more about how crazy she was.

I know someone who is an Fe (well, I'm pretty sure she is). She is kind of nuts too, and is always super condescending/manipulative/insincere/explosive when interacting with me. And always with a smile.

Fe(dom) + nuts= scary.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
I agree about the STJ's and NTJ's.
This one I know is brilliant, but he tends to assume that I'm an idiot when HE misunderstands what I'm saying. I've learned not to take his remarks [:steam:] as a personal attack, though, and just repeat myself until he understands.:cool:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't call it butting heads exactly, but I have had the most unsuccessful interactions with people I *think* are ESTJ, but the three cases that come to mind are people who did not take the test, so take my comment with a grain of salt. Two were mentors and one was not. The main issue is that it felt like they saw me in the worst possible light. One would even say often that I was an enigma. I didn't fit his idea of a successful person because I wasn't outgoing or competitive. At any rate, the type that is most likely to dismiss me tends to be aggressive, competitive, and they operate primarily in the external world. I guess my feeling towards people of such temperaments is to point them in another direction so they can take over their domain, but leave me out of it. I'm fine with the idea of such a person as long as I am not required to interact or prove myself to them.

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
ENTJs... I have a friend who I believe is ENTJ. We get along pretty well, he's adopted me as a drinking buddy. He can be annoying because he tells me to do things I'm about to do anyways. I usually just let it go and not say anything. But, he's also willing to say things I wouldn't usually say which makes him my blunt weapon of choice. :devil:

Lightyear

ESTJ...

I don't think I've ever called anyone a rude, unmannered, and cold hearted bitch in real life... until I met an ESTJ.. no joke, lol. She pushed every button on me like I've never seen anyone do before.. didn't turn out too well :/

Oh yeah, I had exactly the same experience! I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt but I can think of one specific ESTJ (I think) female who immediately pushed all the wrong buttons, I perceived her as obnoxious, self-righteous and too loud. It's funny how just as there are a handful of people in life that we more or less fall in love at first sight there are also a few "chosen" people that just manage to push every negative button imaginable immediately.

amigone

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
I've had problems with istjs most often. So far in my life, esfjs and i have gotten along pretty well.