User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJs butt heads with which type?

I'm curious to see which type INFJs historically have had the most problems with.

For me it has to be ESFJs. We don't seem to get along. Apparently, my personal style, general disposition, and failure to acknowledge rules, have put me on their lifelong sh*t list. In return, I find them annoyingly conventional, nosy, manipulative, invasive, gossipy, fake and cliquish. I don't feel as negatively about any other type. ESFJs bring out the worst in me.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Ouch, pretty harsh don't you think?

Maybe I'm only saying that because I really like ESFJs...

Sniffles

I seem to butt heads with NTJs a lot, especially ENTJs.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    No. I thought I was being kind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

ESTJs followed by ESFJs. Controlling ime.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    It's just a personal opinion.

I have met some very emotionally manipulative ESFJs (which made me really careful around this type) but I have also met some lovely ones who were incredibly caring and generous. In general I like this type, just have to check out first the emotional health of the person.

ESTJs annoy me. Zero imagination and too set in their ways and easily annoyed if people don't follow their rules. The bad ones really drain all life and hope out of me and turn the world around me grey.

SPs can also go on my nerves. They can be a lot of fun to be around but for an INFJ even the most fun person gets boring after a while if fluff and games aren't followed by some depth.

I have an INFJ mom and an ESFJ sister. They /try/ to get along, but it really doesn't work out. My sister has realized that when she cries and plays the 'you're a horrible person' card she can eventually convince my mom to go along with whatever she wants, but this is not without a whole lot of screaming on both ends.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

ESTJ...

I don't think I've ever called anyone a rude, unmannered, and cold hearted bitch in real life... until I met an ESTJ.. no joke, lol. She pushed every button on me like I've never seen anyone do before.. didn't turn out too well :/

MBTI
    Infx

Hmm. I've found I actually butt heads more with other N types. They know how to twist and tweak information to fit their ideas just as much as I do and/or can punch holes in my thinking, namely EN_Js, whereas S types are pretty easy to convince/figure out/at least tolerate. My stepmom is an ESFJ, and as irritating as she can be, our conversations rarely involve conflict. But I also haven't met any E_T_ types that I know of.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INFJ

I was thinking ESTJ before I even read any of these responses-- so yeah, there seems to be a trend of some kind here.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor