• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs butt heads with which type?

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
In the past I would have said xSTJ, but I think as I put myself in their shoes more and more it becomes less of a problem.

G

Glycerine

I tend to butt heads with SJ's but I can have a good time with them as long as I keep the talking to a minimum.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I get along with everyone!
Okay, no, just joking. I don't really have any problem with a specific type, I don't think; I generally don't really "let people in" enough to actually let them get to me. They do what they want; I don't let them affect my day.
Although I have problems with stubborn, conformist, stuck up, arrogant people, but any type could be that. Some more than others, of course, but still.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
well, i can't relate to the esfjs causing major problems because i married one :newwink: (that's not to say we don't grate on each other's nerves from time to time--or mostly him on mine :devil:, but in general, we do work pretty well). estjs can be tough for me sometimes, but maybe because my mother is one and we've worked out our differences (a LOT of talking and compromising), i am not as troubled by them as i might have been otherwise. SPs don't bother me that much either (best friends in high school were isfp and estp--both of which i did have problems with--especially the estp--in the beginning because of extreme differences, but we liked each other enough to work it out and develop a really meaningful friendship. brother is istp and although we did not get along when younger, we ended up growing really close middle school and up). the one type that i tend to feel the need to stay away from like the plague though is istjs! the few i've met in my life have scarred me. i guess the pattern in my life has been ending up with S types that I butted heads with but then worked out, and ended up with very good results... except for istjs--that just will never work.

sade

Funny, but the types that I've been knwn to have problems, have been ESxJs. The feeling has been mutual. I'm pretty certain my uncle's wife is an ESFJ, and oh boy..
Our personalities just don't mix and match. She did even once state that she finds my silence insulting. :huh:
It's bad.
And I'm not going to say I'm not to blame also.

limeo

MBTI Type
INFJ
I butt heads with ST's. Especially when they're in the form of bosses.

PS - at first glance, I thought the title of this thread was "INFJ butt heads".

Hah!

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
any SFJ that is too confined in their box of traditionality and blind acceptance thereof who pushes it on others and puts them on guilt trips if you don't agree with them. Particularly, my mother (ESFJ) and step-father (ISFJ with a big ego and lots of mental problems).

V

violaine

(Um, I can't say a whole type because I just don't know.) I was out with a really obnoxious woman who happened to be ESFJ a little while ago - o.m.g. I didn't know anyone could still push my buttons like that.

My InFP sister and I 'lock horns' a bit, though we love each other dearly. We have root level differences in opinion in many areas. Though we still have enough similarity in terms of style, taste, upbringing that it would never become too adversarial. (Plus, I must emphasize that we adore each other.)

Overall people who apply their personal judgement as law all over the place or anyone who just talks at you in an annoying stream-of-consciousness fashion (when their stream is about a 1/2 inch deep) just bug the hell out of me.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm thankful I'm surrounded by NFs in my everyday life :) - I'm not sure that Ive ever met any SJs that I know of (Gimme a few years and hop into the workforce and THEN we'll see.... I dont wanna grow up :cry:)

I DO find that a lot of people I befriend I dislike at first sight. Something about them bugs me until I get into a good one-on-one conversation where they dont have mob mentality running.

(I find that I generally don't like ENTPs and ISTPs at first the most. )

There was an ENTJ in my class in school for a few years. We were basically rivals, him in a more brash way. Mine in a more snarky way :D

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
for all the people having problems with esfjs... it seems like a pattern here is that a lot of the annoying ones in your lives have been women. maybe esfj bad traits are stronger in females, but are calmed down in men? my esfj man is mostly relaxed, non-pushy, and non-judgmental.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJs aren't all buttheads. Some of them are even kinda cool. :cheese:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I tend to butt heads with SJ's but I can have a good time with them as long as I keep the talking to a minimum.

In the past I would have said xSTJ, but I think as I put myself in their shoes more and more it becomes less of a problem.

I have had trouble with ENTJs and ISTJs most often, I think. I've only really known one clear ESFJ, and I had problems with her, but I think that was less about our personalities and more about how crazy she was.

Hum me it's not so much about the type but Ts only for some odd reason. I either really love them or hate them. Especially XTJs...The ones I know in real life are 80% major stuck up intellectuals with two many books up theirs. The other 20% are just...*melts*.
but yes, mostly XXTJs.

I'm seeing a trend. What is the problem that comes up here? Too grounded in rules and reality?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm seeing a trend. What is the problem that comes up here? Too grounded in rules and reality?

Stubborn perhaps.

Think that they are being logical when they are actually just following how their predecessors did something. Inconsiderate of others feelings and nuanced social dynamics.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can't really make a type determination, but I have problems with people that seem to have a large part of their personality tied up in being in a dominant position over others. I don't take very kindly to the social equivalent of somebody humping me like a dog with dominance issues, so head-bumping ensues.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Looks like xxTJs are the culprits. My gf and I disagree all the time, but we always manage to work it out. She's an INFJ.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Looks like xxTJs are the culprits. My gf and I disagree all the time, but we always manage to work it out. She's an INFJ.

Te and Fe don't get along apparently and I don't doubt it. Fe has admirable qualities to it, though.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INFJ/INTJ get along well IRL ime. I think it's because we share Ni.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get along with almost everyone, but if I had to choose one type I butt heads with I'd have to say XSTJ. Interested how so many are saying ESFJ as theirs, I actually really like almost all ESFJs I've met, but then again I'm a huge feeler. I do like most ESTJs and ISTJs too (good thing, there're a lot of them). In the XSTJs I like I admire their no-nonsense attitude, wit, and confidence. But the few that I clash with I have major problems with their coldness and insensitivity.

I'm surprised socionics says ESTJ is my dual. I think that is a load of crap. Even the XSTJs I really like, I like as friends and could never imagine them as romantic partners... I need someone more amenable to my Fe who is into public displays of affection ;o) ...

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I actually think the main difficulty is how rounded a person of any type is. Anyone can be an asshole, just like anyone can be decent. It's just a matter of how unbalanced they are oftentimes.