User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

My ex-GF was guilty of this. Mostly she just baffled 'S' type people with her zany, absurd sense of humor. But occasionally she'll lob out a raunchy remark that would offend someone.

Many hours of amusement watching people react to her.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think this is hilarious...and i think we have the inclination for sure to just say whatever pops into our head...and we can choose to use the filter or not...and sometimes it's really hard...if there's a lot of feeling behind it...or if you're cocktailed

MBTI
    ENFP

I have a tendency to say things without thinking...which can often times lead people to think I'm either prying or just a complete idiot. The truth is, I just get enthusiastic or excited about things. When I'm comfortable around people, I don't feel a need to censor myself. I just say the first thing that pops to my head.

My main problem with this comes about when I'm trying to have a serious conversation. When people who don't know me very well start talking about something more in-depth, they assume I won't have anything insightful to say, when the truth is usually quite the opposite.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Another thing that happens to me is when I actually decide to filter something and not say it, it becomes stifling to keep it in. Like I start figiting and I have to fight myself to not say it. You almost implode depending on what you want to say. Does that happen to anyone else? Because in my head it would fit perfectly in the current conversation but I know that it wouldn't be appropriate.

This doesn't happen for obvious reasons...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Another thing that happens to me is when I actually decide to filter something and not say it, it becomes stifling to keep it in. Like I start figiting and I have to fight myself to not say it. You almost implode depending on what you want to say. Does that happen to anyone else? Because in my head it would fit perfectly in the current conversation but I know that it wouldn't be appropriate.

This doesn't happen for obvious reasons...
    Yeah, but I've gotten used to it. I don't share half the stuff I think and eventually I get tired of holding it all in and let loose. Fortunately, most people think it's amusing. If I had formerly been quiet around them (generally a result of not knowing them very well), they usually say, "I didn't realize you were so funny!"

I'm glad they think it's funny instead of mean because usually it's both.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    truth turrets
    Will you say more, erin?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^^ YES
    i'm just aware that my initial response is way more personal and truthful then is actually warranted or considered normal...so i try to filter...and when i don't i get those looks...and the wow your weird!!
    anyone who has ever known me a tiny bit has told me that at some point...and i'm pretty sure that is why...although i like to think they mean it in the cute charming way...but i really have no idea...haha
    other people just don't say shit like that...i don't think...do they??

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks. I get that.

I tend to do the same - connect with people. And that makes some people uncomfortable.

I can't NOT connect with others. Way I'm built. So that involves learning a lot about boundaries and trying to implement it.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^^ YES
    i'm just aware that my initial response is way more personal and truthful then is actually warranted or considered normal...
    Truthful with another truth system than the subject is likely to hold, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

I have a tendency to say things without thinking...which can often times lead people to think I'm either prying or just a complete idiot. The truth is, I just get enthusiastic or excited about things. When I'm comfortable around people, I don't feel a need to censor myself. I just say the first thing that pops to my head.
    had formerly been quiet around them (generally a result of not knowing them very well)
    my initial response is way more personal and truthful then is actually warranted or considered normal...so i try to filter
    ^ I can identify with all of those!!!

I generally do censor myself in a way but it depends on the person I guess. There are some people I know that I don't like offending or rocking the boat and others I don't really care and will say what I have to say. When meeting new people or starting a new class in school I censor myself until I'm comfortable with the people I'm around and then I never shut up.

I used to be really paranoid about offending people but I've calmed down a lot in that department in the recent years.
    ^ This is totally me. I was wondering if i was indeed paranoid but judging by the replies from here I don't think I am paranoid... Because it seems ENFPs (or at least I) have a offend people if I'm not careful.

I hate stifling something i want to say but it is, I'm 99% sure, always worth it!! Anyway even if I don't say something at that moment I can always find another time to say it, if i decide it still needs to be said.

My thought on this is that a person deliberately attempting to disrupt my flow of thought or affect my mood state is a nuisance, indeed.
    I think I'm guilty of this. The 'evoking feelings' thing. Though I've learnt (and am still practicing at this) to let people finish their own thoughts and feelings, before I can ask about them.
    Generally when I let people say all they need (finish their thoughts/feelings), the conversation goes quite nicely because people then feel a tad more open to what I'm saying/asking. And its nice to hear what they think/feel and why