• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
`
Hello fellow Fi users, :bye:

Am I the only one who finds it difficult explaining Fi to non-Fi users???

Every poet, writer, philosopher and lyricist that I cherish is an Fi dom, or user.

I feel frustrated because I have difficulty explaining the reasoning behind this Fi connection, other than saying, I dunno, so-in-so just *gets it*.

So, I implore you, somebody, (anybody), try to linearly and logically explain Fi, for I simply cannot, asking me to do so is like asking me to justify my, I don't know, my entire existence, I guess.

:)

K, Looking forward to your responses.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I still don't get it.

Are you adept at explaining Fi to a Fi-user? :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Are we talking about something like the Cognitive Processes test? Because my Fi is pretty high in that, and I definitely get it.

Ti, however...You've no idea.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Are we talking about something like the Cognitive Processes test? Because my Fi is pretty high in that, and I definitely get it.
Put your money where your mouth is, explain yourself, please.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Put your money where your mouth is, explain yourself, please.
I'm a songwriter, for one, and emotional about it. You can't judge a complete personality by the art it creates.

I have strong principles, as should be obvious.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Is it really more than an internal moral compass?

I mean, don't give credit for your unique, deep, complex personality to a frickin function.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a songwriter, for one, and emotional about it. You can't judge a complete personality by the art it creates.

I have strong principles, as should be obvious.
Yeah, um, how that directly relates to Fi is kind of beyond me.

*scratches head*

Yes, Jack can use Ti to elucidate Fi.
What she said. ^

Please, elucidate.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I can get down with that. So does that mean INTPs are least in touch with said inner core?

Or whichever type is least in touch with Fi.

Jack, can you agree that you are not in touch with your inner core? What does that even mean?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Is it really more than an internal moral compass?

I mean, don't give credit for your unique, deep, complex personality to a frickin function.

It's being connected to the inner core voice of the self.
Hmm, I agree.

It is almost like a universal self, though, like my empathy and Fi are inextricably connected. It is the voice of the self, but not a selfish self, if that makes sense.

:unsure:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can get down with that. So does that mean INTPs are least in touch with said inner core?
No, because traditional function order is full of s***. I've worn myself out explaining that, so It'll be a while before I have the energy to do it again.

And I would say I am in touch with the concept of Fi as we're currently defining it. It's just usually overridden by Thinking. Sometimes, unintentionally (Such as if principles are violated) or intentionally (Such as if I'm composing), it comes out of the woodwork and I exploit it.

Since I can put myself into an "F state" to create art, I really think it's a fool's errand to type people based on their lyrics, or paintings, or films, etcetera. Though occasionally I will recognize someone else's style as "probably INTP."

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know.. type theory is some bullshit in my eyes, so I'm always keen to check somebody before they sign their good (or normal! human!) qualities off on some categorical "identity".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*lurks here, hoping that someone explains the function that she probably sorely needs to develop AND how she can obtain it*

:peepwall: