• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I say Fi users don't really understand Fe users, I mean Fi/Te users don't really understand Fe/Ti users. (And vice versa)

Not that we literally don't understand the words the other people are saying...but that we seem to start from different sets of assumptions, and we sometimes think we're arguing with each other when we're really just missing -- we're in different interpretation frames.

No one is "right". I'm just saying people tend to weigh their assumptions higher than other people's assumptions, which leads to a big miscommunication.

I think that different judging functions are the biggest difference in MBTI types, at least in terms of communication. I communicate best with TPs and FJs, even ESTPs and ESFJs. It's not that I can't communicate with TJs and FPs, it's just that I find we misunderstand each other more.

i'm sorry...i was just referencing the bolded portion and saying it was interesting...because...yeah...makes sense...neither is listening with a clear head...the assumption is there and colors the words...i get that...
the other part of the post wasn't directed at you...sorry.
all new concepts to me... very interesting

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Show me where I "explicitly" asked those with Ti to explain Fi, please.

When, where!?!??!

:huh:

See this is the difficulty of arguing with you. You're never accurate with your words you do so much retreating behind vague statements and emotionally fueled posts that its hard to consistently argue with you.

You stated later on in the Thread that the last time you checked that you specifically put it in the NF forums, and that you didn't explicitly or implicitly ask for Ti users to help explain Fi. I proved to you in your OP that it could not be read any other way than you asking for Ti users to help you explain Fi because you felt your Ti skills were lacking.

And look on the first page of the thread you SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY asked Jack Flack to explain Fi using Ti.

Last edited:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Everything I ever needed to learn in this life was summed up in post 359.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
WHAT??!?!

No such thing as Ne, Fi, Te, Si!?!?!

:sadbanana:

But, but, then who am I!?!?!?

If I am not an ENFP, I am stripped of all sense of identity!!!

*goes to look at self in the mirror*

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Damn it I really shoulda listened to that advice of just skipping type or function threads.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think we can all agree on this:

Fi doesn't exist.

You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Fi! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a dom Fi."

Neither does F nor T exist.

These things are imaginary, constructs of our minds (or rather the construct of the minds that created the system, which we now abide to) to try to explain and bring order to personality, which is a more complex, less definable, and less predictable thing that mbti would like.

/end thread?

Physically, we know the difference between introverted and extroverted brains. As for the other functions... perhaps in the future, all elements of our personality will be able to be pinned down as what part of the brain/body they are associated with.

Didums

Physically, we know the difference between introverted and extroverted brains.

Yep, wiki has a great page on that: Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the other functions... perhaps in the future, all elements of our personality will be able to be pinned down as what part of the brain/body they are associated with.

They could be, but the brain is an ever changing thing, you may be able to define someone at one point in time, but what about 5 years later? The events (nurture) which shape parts of the brain over time are often unpredictable.

Also, I would hope not that they become definable, that would make us easily controllable.

redacted

I know right? But that wouldn't be any fun would it? ;)

:blush:

Your point was odd; I was making fun of you a bit...

Your same logic could say:

Happiness doesn't exist.

You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Happiness! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a happy person."

Neither does Happiness nor Sadness exist.

Sometimes it's useful to talk about happiness, just like sometimes it's useful to talk about Fi. Your point is completely irrelevent to the discussion, which is ABOUT Fi.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Your point was odd; I was making fun of you a bit...

Your same logic could say:

Happiness doesn't exist.

You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Happiness! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a happy person."

Sometimes it's useful to talk about happiness, just like sometimes it's useful to talk about Fi. Your point is completely irrelevent to the discussion, which is ABOUT Fi.

Same with certain types of pain.

redacted

Oh yeah pain would have been even better to use in that argument.

They like talking about that in intro to philosophy classes from what I remember :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, I think that Ne and Fi are labels that we attribute to complex cognitive-emotional behaviors.

In a physical sense, Ne and Fi do not exist, but those things in which it signify do.

:unsure:

If that makes sense.

I could have started this tread about empathy, because, I know that what I've always viewed as my empathic/empathetic abilities/capacities I only just recently came to view as a product or function of Fi.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

Happiness doesn't exist.

Ever hear of serotonin and dopamine?

redacted

Hmm, I think that Ne and Fi are labels that we use to label complex cognitive-emotional behaviors.

In a physical sense, Ne and Fi do not exist, but those things in which it signify do.

:unsure:

If that makes sense.

I could have started this tread about empathy, because, I know that what I've always viewed as my empathic/empathetic abilities/capacities I only just recently came to view as a product or function of Fi.

You always talk about empathy and Fi; I don't see why you're specifying introversion for feeling... (it takes N too).