• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Now that I have calmed down a bit...

Aren't you clever?
Evasively insulting me, while a brilliant tactic, won't get the job done. But I guess I can't really blame you -- still a little scared from being banned all those time before eh?
First of all, she wasn't insulting you, she was defending me from your personal assault.

And, wow, way to attack her so as to *not* get your point across.

Let's just keep one thing straight: This thread isn't about me.
You don't say?!?!?

Um, duh?

It's not even about CC. Well at least not on the surface.
Unfortunately, there's no way to get through to her. I'm frustrated by it.
What, pray tell, are you talking about?!!?

Perhaps there is no way for *you* to get through to me, and perhaps that is due to the way in which *you* choose to communicate your opinions.

I'm less frustrated by her than I am by the impact she has on the community -- she's wrong, and convinced other's that those who share her delusions are correct.
Again, what in god's name are you talking about?!?!

:huh:

I am not here to convince anybody of anything, and I am not a proselytizer, nope, sorry.

This makes reception of the truth (my specialty, and where the frustration comes in) next to impossible, which puts me out of place.

Is it unfair to defend my territory
?.
I am sorry, but the way you view truth as your specialty and as your territory is foreign and bizarre to me.

Truth is not a commodity.

You've been arguing with the only true insights, just like I fucking predicted, and said in my first post in this thread that you would.
Um, I have been arguing with you, Jack Flac and BW, though I would actually say that I have only been really arguing with BW for he is at least presenting me with material with which I happen to dispute.

You and Flac, however, have been personally attacking me, so the arguing I have engaged in with you two has been more of a standing-up-for-myself defense.

You really haven't found anything but a bunch of unstrung 'we're great' and 'i love myself because' (despite the facts) bullshit.
Excuse me???

Who are you to tell me what I know about myself and how or what I think???

This thread has not been a "let's praise Fi" thread, it has been a let's explain Fi thread.

And I am baffled by your not being able to see this.

You've deluded yourself into thinking this, yes. But your stubborn refusal to accept what's true because of the obvious shortcomings and disadvantages is not only proof of everything I've said in this thread, but is, in fact, hindering progressive knowledge.
Once again, baffled.

Nocap, may I ask you, is everything about *you*???

Hmm, my refusal to accept what's true, I'm sorry, could you refresh my memory? What truth am I so vehemently denying?

Or do you mean my refusal to accept everything *you* say to be true, is that it?

Also, how are you contributing to progressive knowledge? How are you being constructive, and or insightful?

BlueWing: *wall of text*
CC: *one line of emoticons, one of allcaps, and one more of emoticons*

AD INFINITUM
Jack, you are such an easy target, that I will let this, (along with many of your insulting posts), just slide.

I am being sincere when I say I think you need a :hug:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jack, you are such an easy target, that I will let this, (along with many of your insulting posts), just slide.
There are many kinds of insults. We're not so different, you and I, but then again, we are. Interesting.

Didums

No. Thinking favors objectivity (as opposed to Feeling), thus favors the truth. I don't expect you'll ever accept this, being who you are, but it is true.

Objectivity cannot determine truth, truth is subjective by definition. And that "being who you are" thing is what I quoted this for.

You consistently make the case that "everyone uses Feeling," time and time again, yet still profess to be ENFP, thus differentiating yourself from myself and others.

Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.

So, what you appear to be saying, is that Feeling is always better, Thinking never is, no matter what. Do you not realize how idiotic and arrogant this is, and how you are yourself?

And, I know you will deny all of this, being put against the wall as you are, because I can read you like a brochure. Not a book, a brochure.

^ This is where it gets stupid

Ex-Fucking-Xactly. Go home.

^ welcoming and civil

You have nothing. Being as generous as I am, I'll tell you it's not worth it, and if you don't listen, you'll wish you would have.

^ Really?

Here's your evidence, ...What can I call you which isn't blatantly offensive? Nothing, I guess.

Furthermore, almost every argument you've ever made on this board has been equivalent to "NOOOO! The End--CC" Great strategy for long-term respect.

^ Really?

Shall I tell you why this kind of thing is frustrating to me, CC? Because you lay claim to every strength there is, and admit no weakness.

^ Really? (I mean theres nothing else to say to these things)

MY BROTHER! *realizes NTs including self don't like hugging; buys Nocaps beer instead*

^
Was in response to some really retarded things Nocap said.

Nocap was vastly more retarded however, like on a whole different level, he deserves a medal for what he's been posting! A true winner at heart he is.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Serious, serious, serious, serious, serious, serious, half-serious. I don't know what planet you live on thinking she wasn't maddeningly ignoring and insulting everyone who didn't say something like "Fi is great and everyone who doesn't have it sucks." I was literally maddened.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I will interject a little bit and state that most of the insightful posts in this thread were not in fact made by CC personally. They were made mostly by people who tried to bridge the gap between Fi users and those who weren't, Specifically by providing some substance to their claims and blending a little "logical" reasoning to make Fi more palatable to those who do not have an affinity with it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know what planet you live on thinking she wasn't maddeningly ignoring and insulting everyone who didn't say something like "Fi is great and everyone who doesn't have it sucks." I was literally maddened.
Um, no, when did I ever explicitly or implicitly state that Fi is great and everyone who doesn't have it sucks.

Wow, please be more responsible, Jack..

You are accusing me of something I didn't do and you conveniently fail to back up your accusation with any substantive proof.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Um, no, when did I ever explicitly or implicitly state that Fi is great and everyone who doesn't have it sucks.
Never, and I didn't say that. I said you agreed with people who kinda said that. Not literally, I was obviously exaggerating.

You are accusing me of something I didn't do and you conveniently fail to back up your accusation with any substantive proof.
No. You do realize this will go nowhere, and it's not because I couldn't provide evidence. Because nothing good would come of it. "Be more responsible" indeed.

"I'M FINISHED!"

Didums

Serious, serious, serious, serious, serious, serious, half-serious. I don't know what planet you live on thinking she wasn't maddeningly ignoring and insulting everyone who didn't say something like "Fi is great and everyone who doesn't have it sucks." I was literally maddened.

So, if you were maddened, you should have cooled down before posting. You kept your calm at first I can see that, but starting with that second quote you lost it. The logical fallacies should be self-evident in many of the things you wrote. You lost your cool you were not able to determine if what you were writing was logically sound or not, its just what happens when anger gets in the way for INTPs. Upon review you should be able to note where you committed the fallacies of reasoning and what fallacies they were, NTs are definitely not exempt from committing them when emotion is involved in a dispute.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
So, if you were maddened, you should have cooled down before posting. You kept your calm at first I can see that, but starting with that second quote you lost it. The logical fallacies should be self-evident in many of the things you wrote. You lost your cool you were not able to determine if what you were writing was logically sound or not, its just what happens when anger gets in the way for INTPs. Upon review you should be able to note where you committed the fallacies of reasoning and what fallacies they were, NTs are definitely not exempt from committing them when emotion is involved in a dispute.
Step one: Don't be wrong.
Step two: Don't give me advice.
Step three: Ever.
(Step four: LOL)

Didums

Doesn't matter, you understood the message. I just honestly feel bad for you and wanted to help. It is a tragedy in the sense that you fail to recognize your own flaws and that in this, they are the cause of your demise. It's like I'm watching Shakespeare.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Doesn't matter, you understood the message. I just honestly feel bad for you and wanted to help. It is a tragedy in the sense that you fail to recognize your own flaws and that in this, they are the cause of your demise. It's like I'm watching Shakespeare.
I really don't get this. How does having a problem with someone equate to my demise? You may not have noticed, I'm a bit foolhardy on the internet.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
But really, are you being serious in those posts? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. are you just instigating drama for entertainment or something? Just trying to see what reactions you can conjure up? I'm just really, really hoping you weren't putting forth those statements seriously..

Still here, still witnessing, and feeling sadly disappointed.

I am baffled and laughing, I am laughled, right now.

`
Hello fellow Fi users, :bye:

Am I the only one who finds it difficult explaining Fi to non-Fi users???

Every poet, writer, philosopher and lyricist that I cherish is an Fi dom, or user.

I feel frustrated because I have difficulty explaining the reasoning behind this Fi connection, other than saying, I dunno, so-in-so just *gets it*.

So, I implore you, somebody, (anybody), try to linearly and logically explain Fi, for I simply cannot, asking me to do so is like asking me to justify my, I don't know, my entire existence, I guess.

:)

K, Looking forward to your responses.

I've tried more than once, and I assure you CC, I understand Fi, even despite having real trouble identifying with it, but every attempt I've mRs to explain it logically has upset you, with the inevitable, predictable result of you writing me off as incorrect.

Here's the fact: Fi is not intellectually flattering.
You like to think of yourself as intellectual, which you may very well be (I'll leave my judgement out of this) but I can assure you, it's not the calculations I Fi that deem you this quality.
Your shortsight: just because you're an Fi user and Fi isn't a great intellectual tool doesn't mean you can't excell intellectually.

Bluewing is correct.
What the good Captain ought to have said was that it's difficult for her to explain her Fi judgements -- what Fi does for her, rather than Fi itself. The function alone is simplex at it's most confusing points.

:17425:

ZOMG!!!

Fi respects the truth more than anything, that's right, a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!!

I agree with CaptainChick. The values that F uses aren't just "passions." They're heuristics that are compiled based on experience and usually have logical order to them, it's just that the order is implicit, and the person doesn't always know WHY it's the right answer.

Ahhhhhhhhh, Ti overload, makes..my..head...hurt!!!

:wacko:

Thinkers dispute what's true, while Feelers sense/see/understand the truth.

The end.

-CC

The truths that I subscribe to, I believe to be universal truths.

I don't claim to know things that I don't understand, but I do understand the things that I know. :)

And dudes, this thread isn't about *me* it is about *Fi*.

Grrrrr!!!

[aimless incoherent ramble]

And now I'm also thinking that the way the title is even phrased already places the function itself into the deep and impenetrable fog, leading you to think there's something I don't get!!! I liken it to when you get a brain teaser or a riddle and you know the answer is embedded somewhere in there and if you look hard enough you'll get it. But this riddle is that there is no answer in there, joke's on you. The riddle turns into a knock-knock joke and then you're like damn, that was so obvious. OR, for all you party monsters out there, the bouncers will purposely let a long line form outside of the club to make people think 'what's going on in there?' Now when you get inside the place can be jumpin or you have two lame people doing the running man on the dance floor. Once again, I'm not sure what I just wrote so I'll leave it alone.

Honestly, this is what I think people make Fi out to be: "Fi: You only get it if you got it." Should I believe the hype? Should I wait in that line? I'm in the audience and I'm waiting for the main act to come onstage and it's been 45 minutes. Will it be worth it? I dunno.

[/aimless incoherent ramble]

It's one of those things 'you only get when you've got it', but really, it's not as great as the hype says it is. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time.

I'm to lazy right now to sort through all of those posts, sorry. :yes:

There is a decided lack of substance in many of CC's posts and if you in fact look back through the thread you will find surprisingly that the core of the insightful responses and arguments were made by Ti users. A number of other types that did not use Ti were also similarly frustrated by this running around in circles and not elucidating at all what Fi was until near the end of the thread.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I found this definition of Fi

Fi said:
There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

It seems oddly appropriate, having just waded through this thread. Will someone buy me a beer please?

Didums

I really don't get this. How does having a problem with someone equate to my demise? You may not have noticed, I'm a bit foolhardy on the internet.

That your personal problems with someone prevent you from abstaining from emotions that would otherwise allow you to reason soundly.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I found this definition of Fi

It seems oddly appropriate, having just waded through this thread. Will someone buy me a beer please?

Yes I would because that quote you know actually provided something more than a brief 2 or 3 line sentence with a glowingly positive review of what it does.

So for that bravo!!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That your personal problems with someone prevent you from abstaining from emotions that would otherwise allow you to reason soundly.
Okay. Never let anyone make me mad. Never, as opposed to like once a month, which is how it is now. Got it.

*keeps Fi in check*

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm to lazy right now to sort through all of those posts, sorry. :yes:

There is a decided lack of substance in many of CC's posts and if you in fact look back through the thread you will find surprisingly that the core of the insightful responses and arguments were made by Ti users. A number of other types that did not use Ti were also similarly frustrated by this running around in circles and not elucidating at all what Fi was until near the end of the thread.
Um, when did I ever claim to be the most insightful poster, in this thread or ever?!?!?

And I honestly feel like I am in the twilight zone, for realz.

First of all, this thread isn't about Fi against Ti, and I believe heart, FineLine, sarah, disregard, syptyq(sp?), harmonic, anii, Fiery Phoenix, and Mo the opera lover, all made some pretty insightful posts, all the while none of them being Ti users.

I also love how you chose to select next to none of my posts that got more in depth regarding Fi.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I also love how you chose to select next to none of my posts that got more in depth regarding Fi.
Hey, no fair! I didn't complain about all my insightful posts being left out of the attack thread on me!