• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nocap, I can engage you and your "arguments", but I don't know if it is worth it.

Quite frankly, I think you are being hostile and yes, I both feel and think that I am being personally attacked in your posts 276 and 277.

This thread isn't about me, it is about Fi.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
CC is so far from an elitist.
If she were an elitist, she would convey the behavior and attitude of a person that thinks they are superior to others.
She never does that.

Aren't you clever?
Evasively insulting me, while a brilliant tactic, won't get the job done. But I guess I can't really blame you -- still a little scared from being banned all those time before eh?

Let's just keep one thing straight: This thread isn't about me.
It's not even about CC. Well at least not on the surface.
Unfortunately, there's no way to get through to her. I'm frustrated by it.

I'm less frustrated by her than I am by the impact she has on the community -- she's wrong, and convinced other's that those who share her delusions are correct.

This makes reception of the truth (my specialty, and where the frustration comes in) next to impossible, which puts me out of place.

Is it unfair to defend my territory?

This thread isn't about me, it is about Fi.
Is it? I'm not so sure...

Personally attacked?
Report me.

I feel invaded on as well.
Maybe I'll level a complaint to the authorities too.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am baffled and laughing, I am laughled, right now.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm less frustrated by her than I am by the impact she has on the community -- she's wrong, and convinced other's that those who share her delusions are correct. This makes reception of the truth (my specialty, and where the frustration comes in) next to impossible, which puts me out of place. Is it unfair to defend my territory?
MY BROTHER! *realizes NTs including self don't like hugging; buys Nocaps beer instead*

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
BlueWing: *wall of text*
CC: *one line of emoticons, one of allcaps, and one more of emoticons*

AD INFINITUM

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Better yet she should have a "debate" with Bluewing. I'd watch that. :yes:

there is no debate with bluewing
he's too introverted
the only way to engage someone of his perspective is with empathy

ask questions., concede and counterpoint - show the objectivity that he subjectively has.
not feed him his own medicine and spread the disease of uber-introversion

this is not to say he is bad or wrong - but human and misunderstood

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Still here, still witnessing, and feeling sadly disappointed.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still here, still witnessing, and feeling sadly disappointed.

thats one exemplar of Fi
Fe would depart (see infp or infj sight ), and probably wouldn't express what it was feeling, but the thread.....i think

D

Dali

Fi... I don't know... I suppose it's what makes me refuse to litter... or to remove dangerous things I see (glass shards, banana peels...etc) from pedestrian walkways. I don't do it because I should do it. I do it because something in me feels violated when I don't.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi... I don't know... I suppose it's what makes me refuse to litter... or to remove dangerous things I see (glass shards, banana peels...etc) from pedestrian walkways. I don't do it because I should do it. I do it because something in me feels violated when I don't.

from trent reznor - Fi user
" I'm sick of hearing about the haves and the have not's.
Have some personal accountability. " - Capital G

Didums

Jack and Nocap, what the fuck? You two have to be the least rational and least objective NTs on this forum and have demonstrated that perfectly in this thread. I'm completely mind-boggled by some of the things you guys have said. You two should be embarrased..

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jack and Nocap, what the fuck? You two have to be the least rational and least objective NTs on this forum and have demonstrated that perfectly in this thread. I'm completely mind-boggled by some of the things you guys have said. You two should be embarrased..
NO U

Harmonic

MBTI Type
INFP
Please forgive me for not reading the +10 pages before this post, I apologize if this post is a re-tread on topic already touched upon.
In this case you have used Thinking to explain your behavior. It was not just Feeling.
Yes, you're right here. I used Thinking as a tool to explain Introverted Feeling, but the process described is still undoubtedly Introverted Feeling.
A more adequate way of putting it is that the thoughts of the Introverted Feeler (Introverted Feeling has no thoughts, though an Introverted Feeling person does have thoughts because he also has a Thinking function) are not clearly expressed, as most of us tend not to be overtly expressive of our inferior function. For this reason, in some cases legitimate justifications for behavior of the Introverted Feeler are not noticed.
Okay, this argument finally makes sense now. The reason that we have a disagreement is because you think Fi is an emotion, and I think that Fi is acting upon that said emotion.

Here's the problem though. Introverted Feeling acts upon values. These values are wrought from emotion. The reason that XXFP's are emotional in the manner you describe is because the manner in which Fi works is basically akin to emotionally blackmailing yourself (think about how I would have felt if I didn't go to my grandmother's funeral). Thus, after us XXFP's have had our hearts crushed in several times we learn that it might be better for us if we heed this emotion and as time goes on we may even trust our emotions as a compass to make decisions. Out of these emotions, we form values that we live by and the process that we use to decide if the importance of the value is greater than the importance of logic is Introverted Feeling.

I'm also going to close with some food-for-thought in the form of an excerpt of a list from a book where Thinkers and Feelers are being explained in a form of contrasting bullet points.
Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger and Barbra Barron Tieger said:
Thinkers
  • Believe feelings are valid only if they are logical
Feelers
  • Believe any feeling is valid, whether it makes sense or not

Didums

But really, are you being serious in those posts? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. are you just instigating drama for entertainment or something? Just trying to see what reactions you can conjure up? I'm just really, really hoping you weren't putting forth those statements seriously..

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
But really, are you being serious in those posts? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. are you just instigating drama for entertainment or something? Just trying to see what reactions you can conjure up? I'm just really, really hoping you weren't putting forth those statements seriously..
Show me the statements, and I'll tell you.