• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Feeling and thinking are inextricably intertwined mental processes. Every thought has a corresponding emotion, and every emotion has a corresponding thought.
You consistently make the case that "everyone uses Feeling," time and time again, yet still profess to be ENFP, thus differentiating yourself from myself and others.

Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.

So, what you appear to be saying, is that Feeling is always better, Thinking never is, no matter what. Do you not realize how idiotic and arrogant this is, and how you are yourself?

And, I know you will deny all of this, being put against the wall as you are, because I can read you like a brochure. Not a book, a brochure.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Whenever I am in the throws of emotion (whichever ones they may be, I can't usually identify them by name) over an especially sublime natural scene, or work of art, I think I know exactly what Fi feels like. I can get so worked up over beauty that I feel, in the moment, that I am transcending everything in the world and tapping into some higher "plane" or energy source. Of course, this rarely lasts very long, but I love it when it happens.

And I'm not really sold on the function order stuff, either, because I am absolutely positive that I use Fi more than Fe, even though that's not how it's supposed to go for INTP's.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You consistently make the case that "everyone uses Feeling," time and time again, yet still profess to be ENFP, thus differentiating yourself from myself and others.

Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.

So, what you appear to be saying, is that Feeling is always better, Thinking never is, no matter what. Do you not realize how idiotic and arrogant this is, and how you are yourself?

And, I know you will deny all of this, being put against the wall as you are, because I can read you like a brochure. Not a book, a brochure.
Wow, just wow.

Yeah, wow.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:rolli:

Feelers are not stupid, irrational beings, sorry hon, hate to burst your highly prejudiced bubble.

Feeling and thinking are inextricably intertwined mental processes. Every thought has a corresponding emotion, and every emotion has a corresponding thought.

Unless of course you are Mersault, in Camus' The Stranger. ;)

Of course everyone both thinks and Feels. However, all of us either think more than feel, or feel more than think. Whichever we do less, we are less skilled with.

Therefore those who feel less than think are less skilled with thinking. Lack of thinking skills basically equates to irrationality.

There is merit to your claim however, all Feelers have some thinking skills because they use Thinking at least some of the time, however, in most cases they do not have enough skills to be rational consistently.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
And I'm not really sold on the function order stuff, either, because I am absolutely positive that I use Fi more than Fe, even though that's not how it's supposed to go for INTP's.

I think the arrangement of Fi over Fe is one that is common amongst INTPs especially recently with the greater ease of pursuing a more reserved and independent lifestyle nowadays. Just being on this board or on the internet frequently is a good way to tap into your Fi because you don't have to navigate through the masses IRL to relate with others. You have more reason and ability to self reflect on your thoughts and emotions.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whenever I am in the throws of emotion (whichever ones they may be, I can't usually identify them by name) over an especially sublime natural scene, or work of art, I think I know exactly what Fi feels like. I can get so worked up over beauty that I feel, in the moment, that I am transcending everything in the world and tapping into some higher "plane" or energy source. Of course, this rarely lasts very long, but I love it when it happens.

Ti bends Fe inwards and makes it seem like Fi. When this happens, such work of Fe is so similar to Fi that it becomes difficult to distinguish the two. Though a careful study of this typological phenomenon should enable you to.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
How these two things are compatible is beyond me.

:huh:

Yes, I do believe that EVERYBODY feels and has emotions, but I do not think that everybody processes these emotions and makes sense of them in the same way/fashion.

My belief that everybody feels has nothing explicitly to do with MBTI theory, or my being an ENFP.

UM, NO!!!

How about you provide some evidence to back up this ludicrous claim.

I do not think that everyone is equally capable of doing everything, that is just ridiculous. I am a fierce individualist and believe that certain people are more predisposed and apt at being and doing certain things than others.

I have never thought this nor proclaimed it.

I do not think that Feelers are superior to Thinkers. Sorry, I just don't, nor have I EVER mentioned this.

Deny? Or actually logically prove how your claims are fallacious, and deeply offensive to boot.

A brochure???

Jack, I have kept it cool with you, rarely if ever resorting to personal attacks, but you are getting on my last nerve, and I am losing my respect for you.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Here's your evidence, ...What can I call you which isn't blatantly offensive? Nothing, I guess.

Thinkers dispute what's true, while Feelers sense/see/understand the truth.

The end.

-CC

Furthermore, almost every argument you've ever made on this board has been equivalent to "NOOOO! The End--CC" Great strategy for long-term respect.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm going to watch a movie now, but anything you'd like to say, I'll completely destroy with full vigor at a later time. Good night, CC.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going to watch a movie now, but anything you'd like to say, I'll completely destroy with full vigor at a later time. Good night, CC.

Jackie, at best, CC's claims seem like a vague apology for Feeling or Feelers, yet nowhere has she made an explicit statement that Feelers are just as good at everything that Thinkers do.

You're reading things into her statements that were not there.

You've got to keep searching.

Thinkers dispute what's true, while Feelers sense/see/understand the truth.

The end.

-CC

This quotation you have cited does not support this charge of yours,

Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.]

She said that Feelers have a different approach clearly, yet nowhere do we see her stating that the approach of feelers is just as efficient.

Didums

Jack, cool down, read your posts, they are littered with logical fallacies. If you cannot see that, i'll gladly point them out to you.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Here's your evidence, ...What can I call you which isn't blatantly offensive? Nothing, I guess.
Way to NOT respond to most of the things I addressed in my previous post to you. :rolleyes:

As for that quote, you are misinterpreting it.

We feelers are more prone to feel what we believe is true while you thinkers are more prone to dispute what is actually true.

Does that make sense, pumpkin??

Furthermore, almost every argument you've ever made on this board has been equivalent to "NOOOO! The End--CC" Great strategy for long-term respect.
Okay, Jackie boy, whatever you say!!!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
? Why are we talking "logic" in an Fi thread?

Funnily enough, it does prove the thread title... at least, from the INFP perspective. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ti bends Fe inwards and makes it seem like Fi. When this happens, such work of Fe is so similar to Fi that it becomes difficult to distinguish the two. Though a careful study of this typological phenomenon should enable you to.

That's interesting. So you're saying that what I'm experiencing in those instances is not Fi, but rather Fe? I'll have to look into that.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
So what would a completely rational Thinking person fail to do?

To take personal values into consideration -- likes & dislikes, emotional attachments & loyalties to people, animals, places, things.

To notice fine shades of feelings and subjective evaluations of things. Feelings/evaluations tend to be black & white with an all or nothing quality. The palette of a Thinking type's feelings consists of elementary colours, unlike the highly subtle and diverse shades and tones of that of a Feeling type.

The feelings of a Thinking type is "unreasonable". :whistling:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Way to NOT respond to most of the things I addressed in my previous post to you. :rolleyes:

As for that quote, you are misinterpreting it.

We feelers are more prone to feel what we believe is true while you thinkers are more prone to dispute what is actually true.

Does that make sense, pumpkin??

Okay, Jackie boy, whatever you say!!!

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.

Your word choice is very flimsy and contradicting.

What it basically amounts to is feelers have the courage of their convictions. meaning you have a strong belief in what you perceive to be "true," if you would pay attention to your quote and practice what you preach you would see that just having a strong belief in something does not necessarily make it true. The latter half of that quote is what thinkers strive to do, remove all doubt whether or not they actually have a belief in it. Basically they dispute regardless of whether not they feel strongly about something being true.

I actually have to ask what you mean by actually true. That quote you have implicitly states that the truth does not need any subjectivity to be true and the hallmark of thinkers is their pursuit of objective truth, which by the way, is usually arrived at by removing subjectivity ( feelings or beliefs ) and striving towards objectivity ( truth regardless of beliefs )