• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

heart

heart on fire
Confirmation bias, because you believe in function order. Violation of values isn't Fe.

It was a typical Fe shaming tact. "You're upseting/insulting everyone!" gasp! Appeal to sense of harmony with group.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes, so you're not likely to seek a career as a public relations person or a diplomat, just as a non-Fi isn't likely to build a career on Fi type works of art.

If someone got a kick out of this sort of thing, they may.

I don't.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It was a typical Fe shaming tact. "You're upseting/insulting everyone!" gasp! Appeal to sense of harmony with group.
No, CC is just violating my values all over the internet tonight, and I'm cracking. "I can't even explain it, I just know it's wrong." lol.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No, CC is just violating my values all over the internet tonight, and I'm cracking. "I can't even explain it, I just know it's wrong." lol.
lolwut?

Oh wait, you mean I am violating your "values" because I don't agree with your assessment of Eminem being an ISTP, ahh, kk, sure. :rolleyes:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Can someone put Jack to bed so we can get back to the mysterious ways of Fi?

heart

heart on fire

That was so lame. :sick:

Well, but thank you, I think that's actually bad enough to send me running from this board and back into my real life. Good nite Jack. :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

There, someone took the time to describe it online. It's supposed to be the strongest of my functions and I can only say that I'm definitely very values-oriented and often speak up what others don't have the guts to say. Other then that, I don't know how much I believe in this function mumbo jumbo. Too much poetry thrown in, if you ask me...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
by " explaining " Fi, you're abusing Fi

someone asked my how i would describe my music, so i played them a couple of diddys, and then asked how it made them feel.
they responded accordingly.

Fi communication are tacit agreements and feeling tones - not Te
word to yo mutha for the cookies
*see LadyJaye's Avatar*

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you guys are all whacked...that's my take :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm pretty certain it's a pre-existing, chronic condition. :D

Sounds more Fe to me. Surface appearances, polite manners and all that. Sometimes truth in feelings isn't very nice. *sigh*

I know it's more Fe.

But sometimes, the weak need defending.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/2238-infp-profile.html

Fi is generally not complicated. It only appears to be complicated because Fi users tend to lack competence with the Thinking faculty. Thus, because they cannot explain even the most basic of things around them and in their inner life. Fi is also VERY ego driven, as it is in tune with our most personal aspect of the self or the sentiments directed towards our inner being. For this reason Fi users are often very busy giving themselves reasons to believe that they are great people.

For example, Roussaeu who has framed his cleaning lady for breaking a very expansive vase that he broke convinced himself he is a very warm-hearted person because the reason he framed the cleaning lady was because he had deep affection for her. He said she was the first person he thought of when he had to frame someone.

Fi's tend to lack logical reasoning skills and for this reason the reasons they come up to make themselves feel good about themselves are often inadequate.

The reason I maintain Fi is not deep or complex is because it is our thoughts that outline the structure of ideas we deal with. Feeling is merely an emotive valuation. For example, if I were to say, this vase is red. I am using Thinking, as I am describing the structure or the internal make up of an entity. Yet if I were to say this vase is red with a smile on my face, I would be adding Feeling to my statement, or simply a coloring. The aforementioned emotive valuation.

Fi's are deeply concerned with this emotive valuation, yet they often neglect their Thinking, therefore the true essence of things. Thus, when an Fi person feels they are deep or complex, they are merely confusing appearance for essence. They are judging a book by its cover, they are like a person who thinks the paintings of Rembrandt are compelling not because of the symbols he used to express his message, but because of the kind of colors, or how his canvas smelled. In other words, they confuse the mere coloring of the thing for the thing itself.

So, I must say, I feel no sympathy for those who deem Fi to be a grandiosely complex cognitive faculty. Those who judge for this to be the case are obviously suffering from a failure of rationality.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8

Introverted feeling is judgement with an emotional slant that causes the individual to view the object on a Subjective level. It is primarily a silent inaccessible function that is difficult to conceptualize. Therefore, unlike its extraverted counterpart, Extraverted Feeling, it is entirely individualistic, with a leaning toward the mystical. Introverted feeling is generally disconnected with typical external stimuli. Introverted feeling is only concerned with the external to the extent that the object has some relevance to a deep, internal value. Its primary objective is to harmonize ideologies, concepts, relationships etc. with the internal guiding force.

Whatever the individual values the most will dominate the motivations, goals and chief objectives of the individual. For example, if the primary value is God, then all other values will find themselves inexorably subjugated to this primary one. Often, unbalanced introverted feeling will create in the individual dramatic mood swings and decisions based on illogical rationales. However, at its best, introverted feeling provides a navigational quality that creates in the personality tenacity, idealism, honor, relationship wisdom and a unfaltering value system that is seldom compromised.

heart

heart on fire
Jack, you're claiming that someone, like Emeinem (or however you spell it!) would fake Fi for a whole freaking career, build their life's work on something not natural to them. I admitted that they might do a special work every now and then but the body of their work would reflect their preference functions. I just don't buy that the body of their work would be based on a unconscious function.