• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, are you really faking then or are you listening to your unconscious? I often intetionally "forget" about certain things and then get an answer from seemingly nowhere. I don't think I'm faking that, I think it's unconscious thinking...but you can't do it on demand and therefore it doesn't equate that you'd do it often. I am not working on some major publication of Ti logic, lol.
I would refuse to actually fake emotion today in art, but I think I have, many years ago. What I do is indeed "listening" to emotion, however slight it starts out. It can be enhanced if dwelled upon.

If a person's lyrics are consistantly Fi (and not just the odd song or two) it stands to reason that is their dom feeling function.
I disagree here. Someone may regularly do the above to produce art, simply because they want to produce a certain kind of art, heartfelt art.

heart

heart on fire
He just admitted it would be too exhausting for him to want to do right now. No artist could build their career on a function that drained them. Just like I would be unlikely to major in Logic. I might be able to get an inspired logic based idea from time to time but I wouldn't build my career around this, I wouldn't be able to count on it well enough or understand it well enough.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Here is an example of mimicking Fi:

A man is about to take a woman out on their fifth date.
Man stops by his mom's house as a surprise to introduce her to his woman.
His woman is embarrassed and a little annoyed that he would do that without telling her.
(Meanwhile, he thinks this will score him points)
He tells her that he's sorry, it meant a lot to him to introduce her to his mother since she's special.

That is Fi mimicked.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ :yes:

Fi is NOT an orgasm!

:devil:
Ummmm, I think, ohhhh, uh-huh, yeah, mmmhmm, uhhh, uh-huh, yess, that, ohhh, mmmhmm, that you, Ooooo, mmmmhmmm, definitely, uhhhh, mmmmm, just might, uh-huh, be right, yeahhhh, uh-huh!!!

LOL!!

heart

heart on fire
I disagree here. Someone may regularly do the above to produce art, simply because they want to produce a certain kind of art, heartfelt art.

They would exhuast themselves. It would be too hard to keep up. They might do one or two special works but not the body of their work overall. I really doubt that they'd want to create that kind of art, they'd have a different muse speaking to them.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Captain Chick.

Things can be faked.

Like, you know, what I do all the time.

It's exhausting if you're not practiced, though.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would refuse to actually fake emotion today in art, but I think I have, many years ago. What I do is indeed "listening" to emotion, however slight it starts out. It can be enhanced if dwelled upon.
:doh:

Fi ≠ Emotion

:doh:

heart

heart on fire
Captain Chick.

Things can be faked.

Like, you know, what I do all the time.

It's exhausting if you're not practiced, though.

Your Fi wouldn't be faked. :devil:

But your Fe would be and isn't it exahusting?

My Fe is awful!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Your Fi wouldn't be faked. :devil:

But your Fe would be and isn't it exahusting?

My Fe is awful!

I can act pleasant when it so pleases me.

Unfortunately for everyone else, it does not please me often.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can't do videos. My equipment can't handle it, lol. Sorry.
Sorry, heart! Well, if you're extremely interested (And I'm not saying you are), try to find some text interviews with Interpol's Paul Banks, perhaps.

heart

heart on fire
Sorry, heart! Well, if you're extremely interested (And I'm not saying you are), try to find some text interviews with Interpol's Paul Banks, perhaps.

I might later, I'm wasting too much of my time online tonight. :doh: And I said I wouldn't! :blush:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Captain Chick.

Things can be faked.
Sure they can, but to use the example of a fake orgasm, one can fake it, but faking it doesn't make it so, i.e. the truth remains that the one who faked it did not in fact have an orgasm.

heart

heart on fire
I can act pleasant when it so pleases me.

Unfortunately for everyone else, it does not please me often.

Yes, so you're not likely to seek a career as a public relations person or a diplomat, just as a non-Fi isn't likely to build a career on Fi type works of art.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yes, so you're not likely to seek a career as a public relations person or a diplomat, just as a non-Fi isn't likely to build a career on Fi type works of art.
The point is, and I just so know I'm right it hurts, is that when someone who isn't "Fi" does build a career on "Fi art," you're typing them as Fi anyway.