User Tag List

First 6789101858 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 650

  1. #71
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You're offending poor Jack Flak here.
    I'm pretty certain it's a pre-existing, chronic condition.

    That's not very nice.
    Sounds more Fe to me. Surface appearances, polite manners and all that. Sometimes truth in feelings isn't very nice. *sigh*

  2. #72
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    you guys are all whacked...that's my take

  3. #73
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I'm pretty certain it's a pre-existing, chronic condition.

    Sounds more Fe to me. Surface appearances, polite manners and all that. Sometimes truth in feelings isn't very nice. *sigh*
    I know it's more Fe.

    But sometimes, the weak need defending.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #74
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-profile.html

    Fi is generally not complicated. It only appears to be complicated because Fi users tend to lack competence with the Thinking faculty. Thus, because they cannot explain even the most basic of things around them and in their inner life. Fi is also VERY ego driven, as it is in tune with our most personal aspect of the self or the sentiments directed towards our inner being. For this reason Fi users are often very busy giving themselves reasons to believe that they are great people.

    For example, Roussaeu who has framed his cleaning lady for breaking a very expansive vase that he broke convinced himself he is a very warm-hearted person because the reason he framed the cleaning lady was because he had deep affection for her. He said she was the first person he thought of when he had to frame someone.

    Fi's tend to lack logical reasoning skills and for this reason the reasons they come up to make themselves feel good about themselves are often inadequate.

    The reason I maintain Fi is not deep or complex is because it is our thoughts that outline the structure of ideas we deal with. Feeling is merely an emotive valuation. For example, if I were to say, this vase is red. I am using Thinking, as I am describing the structure or the internal make up of an entity. Yet if I were to say this vase is red with a smile on my face, I would be adding Feeling to my statement, or simply a coloring. The aforementioned emotive valuation.

    Fi's are deeply concerned with this emotive valuation, yet they often neglect their Thinking, therefore the true essence of things. Thus, when an Fi person feels they are deep or complex, they are merely confusing appearance for essence. They are judging a book by its cover, they are like a person who thinks the paintings of Rembrandt are compelling not because of the symbols he used to express his message, but because of the kind of colors, or how his canvas smelled. In other words, they confuse the mere coloring of the thing for the thing itself.

    So, I must say, I feel no sympathy for those who deem Fi to be a grandiosely complex cognitive faculty. Those who judge for this to be the case are obviously suffering from a failure of rationality.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  5. #75
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You're not the only one with values, CC.

    You're offending poor Jack Flak here.

    That's not very nice.
    <------------- Is a cruel, mean, insensitive bitch.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #76
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I know it's more Fe.

    But sometimes, the weak need defending.
    Good job, honey darling. You're just sweeter than Mama's peach pie! I just luv you to pieces! my best fake Fe

  7. #77
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Good job, honey darling. You're just sweeter than Mama's peach pie! I just luv you to pieces!
    Whatever you say.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Good job, honey darling. You're just sweeter than Mama's peach pie! I just luv you to pieces!
    You are INTP or ENFJ, because Fe cannot be FAKED.

    THE END

  9. #79
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP
    Posts
    371

    Default

    .........

    Introverted feeling is judgement with an emotional slant that causes the individual to view the object on a Subjective level. It is primarily a silent inaccessible function that is difficult to conceptualize. Therefore, unlike its extraverted counterpart, Extraverted Feeling, it is entirely individualistic, with a leaning toward the mystical. Introverted feeling is generally disconnected with typical external stimuli. Introverted feeling is only concerned with the external to the extent that the object has some relevance to a deep, internal value. Its primary objective is to harmonize ideologies, concepts, relationships etc. with the internal guiding force.

    Whatever the individual values the most will dominate the motivations, goals and chief objectives of the individual. For example, if the primary value is God, then all other values will find themselves inexorably subjugated to this primary one. Often, unbalanced introverted feeling will create in the individual dramatic mood swings and decisions based on illogical rationales. However, at its best, introverted feeling provides a navigational quality that creates in the personality tenacity, idealism, honor, relationship wisdom and a unfaltering value system that is seldom compromised.

  10. #80
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Jack, you're claiming that someone, like Emeinem (or however you spell it!) would fake Fi for a whole freaking career, build their life's work on something not natural to them. I admitted that they might do a special work every now and then but the body of their work would reflect their preference functions. I just don't buy that the body of their work would be based on a unconscious function.

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO