User Tag List

First 145462636465 Last

MBTI
    INTP

No the point is: at the most basic level we both think and feel, regardless of our function preferences. I don't think you need MBTI or any psychology to come to an accurate conclusion on that. Someone just got angry at me for pointing it out.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    No the point is: at the most basic level we both think and feel, regardless of our function preferences. I don't think you need MBTI or any psychology to come to an accurate conclusion on that. Someone just got angry at me for pointing it out.
    No, that wasn't what I was arguing about at all.

What I was arguing about was that you and BlueWing basically said that people who don't think at a basic level are worse off than people who don't feel on a basic level.

That was where I called you elitist because I said that both are equally badly off.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I'm not even tryna have a debate. Apparently some feelers think they don't think and strictly feel and get mad when you point out to them that hey you do in fact think and may in fact be very smart, maybe or probably even smarter than me as a T dom.

Mlittrell you ARE a smart ENFP who is a good thinker. You also have good "emotional" intelligence but you also think.

*ends elitist thinking rant*
    thanks dude(or dudet can never be too sure) i really appreciate that.

also im completely aware. a large chunk of feelers assume that they dont have the capabilities of a thinker which is horribly false. this is the same with sensors that assume they cant be intuitive. and vice versa. im completely with you on this one. type cannot limit one from their full potential as a person. the only thing that limits an individual from their full potential is theirself being led to believe that they cant do something for reasons that dont exist.

this is another reason i hate IQ tests. if people have a "low" IQ they tend to limit themselves. those tests have NO validity.

im not saying that because i have a low IQ because mine is actually quite high, im saying it because they really do suck

No the point is: at the most basic level we both think and feel, regardless of our function preferences. I don't think you need MBTI or any psychology to come to an accurate conclusion on that.
    beautifully stated
    Last edited by mlittrell; 11-04-2008 at 07:04 AM.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

You can't do math with F.
    Well, you can't have sex with Ti. Unless you are talking about robot sex.

Anyway, i should not argue for the NFs.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

I am so sure that Roussou is an NTJ. Soooooooo sure. Only someone with lowest level (by which I mean trickster or demonic) Fe would use that kind of reasoning.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Ever hear of serotonin and dopamine?
    hormone behavior correlations are overstated, not adequately shown to be tied to behaviors, sometimes even seem to have the opposite affect.

For example, testosterone agression is a myth.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Pure Intuition is irrelevant to an emotive valuation. It is a mere abstract perception. For example a vision of a castle. It has no Judgment. In itself it is empty and directionless. Inevitably Thinking decides what the vision is going to be about.

There can be no doubt that a vision inevitably evokes an emotional reaction or a Feeling, as you suggest, however, in order for the vision to be incepted in the first place (or be made accessible to our minds) Thinking is necessary.

For this reason, the distance between Feeling and Intuition is greater than the distance between Thinking and Intuition.
    I see all perception functions as much more emotional and reactive than any of the judgement functions.

MBTI
    ENTP

only in america do all the reactive and emotive aspects of perception functions automatically get mis-associated with the feeling functions.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I see all perception functions as much more emotional and reactive than any of the judgement functions.
    By Jung's definitions, you can never be sure. By mine, it's clear, and only the Judging functions carry value or react to anything. (Thread Title search: "adventure")

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    By Jung's definitions, you can never be sure. By mine, it's clear, and only the Judging functions carry value or react to anything. (Thread Title search: "adventure")
    oh, yes your definitions, I'm sorry I never read your definitions