User Tag List

First 11515960616263 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Blue Wing, I love to prove my point, by telling you, but I don't feel comfortable with posting information that could identify my work place. It involves going through masses of data, and seeing patterns though. It's more practically based. It's definitely science with firm roots in biology, and not psuedo science.

Actually, those were my two examples, people who I know absolutely for sure are INFP.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Blue Wing, I love to prove my point, by telling you, but I don't feel comfortable with posting information that would identify my work place. It involves going through masses of data, and seeing patterns though. It's more practically based. It's definitely science with firm roots in biology, and not psuedo science.

Actually, those were my two examples, people who I know absolutely for sure are INFP.
    Two is pretty rare. I would be surprised if you knew 10 people who were INFP scientists.

I would not be surprised to find many INFPs in psychology or sociology, but would be surprised to find many of them in philosophy, mathematics or physics.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I know I am not an Fi dom but I have *always* excelled in mathematics and in 4th grade would enjoy doing logic puzzles in my free time, for *fun*.

I also aced my Logic course in college, what say you then Wing?!!?

I am not trying to boast, I am just trying to make a point.

And as I've gotten older my interest in the fields of both mathematics and formal logic have waned.

Lol, the way I see it these days...

Give me poetry, or give me death!!! (Today, at least)

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I know I am not an Fi dom but I have *always* excelled in mathematics and in 4th grade would enjoy doing logic puzzles in my free time, for *fun*.
    That has more to do with ASIAN than MBTI.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That has more to do with ASIAN than MBTI.
    Woot!!!

^__^

You also forget I am half
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Admittly, yes. Oddly they are only INFP's I've met in real life (that I've know for sure).
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Woot!!!

^__^

You also forget I am half
    Well there you go! You're like a human finance calculator.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think I met one other, but he was english teacher.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Philisophy? I, from personal experience would have thought that would be an INFP's play ground.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I think we are in agreement here, and the structure in your model is the result of Thinking, as aforementioned.
    Okay, I see what you're getting at, and I think I'm going to disagree. It may be a precursor to Thinking: a childish organizational principle drawn from observation of the real world. If you cry on the playground, you get called a crybaby. But if you get angry on the playground, people fear you. So getting angry is better than crying. But if the teacher is around, then crying yields better results.

Again, it's just a simplistic, raw organizational principle that any child can master. And it's probably part Thinking (a precursor to Thinking); but it precedes development of the functions so it's probably not real Thinking.

With time and complexity of the data gathered, it grows in complexity as well. But it's probably not Thinking as INTPs use it. It has to be geared to the slipperiness and grayness of emotions. Witness the difficulty that INTPs have when they try to master emotions with true Thinking; and my organizational principle certainly doesn't do me much good when it comes to dealing with math and science, which I suck at. For example, I do quite a lot of something that resembles Freudian association when dredging up and organizing emotional data; not very Thinking-oriented, I assume. So again, I suspect it's just probably just a raw organizational principle, a subset or component of overall Fi.

Again, I would assume that Ti develops in INTPs in much the same way--childish organizational principles used to incorporate math and science. With time, the organizational principle grows in complexity. But is that organizational principle Thinking itself, or is it just a component of Thinking? It's separate (it's the mortar/infrastructure) from the rules of logic or math that you learned in books (the "bricks").

In other words, as I see it, there's an organizational principle like DOS or OS X; and then software (the bricks) is laid over the top.

That's pure conjecture, of course. Frankly I don't know what the hell goes on inside the head of an INTP.