User Tag List

First 9495758596061 Last

Results 581 to 590 of 650

  1. #581
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post


    You weren't supposed to answer my question that way, damn you!!!

    And you also quoted my post before I corrected my grammatical error, damn you straight to hell!!!

    Haha, did not mean to correct the grammatical error.

    I thought your post said 'dominant Fe', not dormant (as I see now).

    I think the correction still has merit however, as inferior is more specific than dormant as in the typological context it has a very precise definition. If we were to say 'dormant' the question to follow would be to what degree, so the term dormant would be too general. I corrected it however not to make it more precise, that would be putting words into your mouth, but because I thought you meant to say 'inferior' instead of 'dominant'.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #582
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Really? It doesn't seem like it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #583
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Haha, did not mean to correct the grammatical error.

    I thought your post said 'dominant Fe', not dormant (as I see now).
    Lol, no, I *did* write dormant, I corrected is to are.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #584
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I don't know why but for some reason I believe him...

    *I'm actually not being sarcastic.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  5. #585
    RDF
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I grant that Fi is a judging function. The question to follow is, to what degree is it a judging function?

    Jung defines Judging as simply conscious, and perceiving as unconscious.

    We clearly see that Thinking is a judging function in the most conventional sense of the term, as it can provide a logical justification for a decision.

    Yet, Feeling in itself merely points towards a decision. It is simply a sentiment of approval or disapproval. Thus, it is clearly not as neatly organized as Thinking.
    I disagree with the bolded part. In my example of emoting over the movie, I compared existing emotions to an internal, "idealized" emotional standard and adjusted accordingly. I didn't just "approve or disapprove" either the movie or my own emotions. Both were subject to comparison and judgment.

    I would attribute this to your ability to use Thinking.

    [...]

    Quite obviously you used Thinking to organize them.

    Tell me please if you could think of any other way organize anything without relying on logic.

    For instance, if I were to say Bob is bad. In my mind I have an idea of what Bob is, and what bad is, however fuzzy they may be. And I connect the two. This procedure could be depicted in the language of symbolic logic.

    All of us do this, thus this shows that all of us use logic or use Thinking.

    It is not possible to organize anything without defining terms and connecting them, this is Thinking or logic.

    [...]

    The fact that you had a model to begin with shows that you used Thinking.
    I already stated that I used a form of "logic" (as derived from real-world consensus modified by my own experiences) as the mortar or organizing principle. And I use that to organize emotional "bricks" (personal emotional experiences or conclusions about emotions) to create a model. The model is then used for comparisons and a guide to behavior.

    If you want to call that Thinking, that's fine with me.

    I suspect Ti is pretty much the same. INTP children would initially derive an organizing principle from real-world experiences (what works vs. what doesn't work) and collect "bricks" in the form of mathematical or legal principles that bolster their cause. In time they build a system for quickly comparing whether a given real-world experience or situation is logical or not.

  6. #586
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    I say this because most of the INFP's I've met, have mostly been extremely intellectual, mostly in the sciences. One was a theoretical chemist, which according to your theories would be entirely beyond him, as he would lack the ability to form enough logic to do his work.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #587
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    [QUOTE=FineLine;393397]I disagree with the bolded part. In my example of emoting over the movie, I compared existing emotions to an internal, "idealized" emotional standard and adjusted accordingly. I didn't just "approve or disapprove" either the movie or my own emotions. Both were subject to comparison and judgment.



    I already stated that I used a form of "logic" (as derived from real-world consensus modified by my own experiences) as the mortar or organizing principle. And I use that to organize emotional "bricks" (personal emotional experiences or conclusions about emotions) to create a model. The model is then used for comparisons and a guide to behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    If you want to call that Thinking, that's fine with me..
    Yes, I think we would be in agreement that this cognitive process was Thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I suspect Ti is pretty much the same. INTP children would initially derive an organizing principle from real-world experiences (what works vs. what doesn't work) and collect "bricks" in the form of mathematical or legal principles that bolster their cause. In time they build a system for quickly comparing whether a given real-world experience or situation is logical or not.
    The emotions of the INTP are focused on impersonal topics, yet emotions of the INFP are focused more on those that engage their passions directly.

    That is the first notable difference.

    The second difference is the emotions of the INTP are engaged less than the emotions of the INFP and for this reason the INTP has an easier time with logical analysis. In almost all cases however, the emotions of the INFP are not engaged to the point where all logical analysis would be rendered impossible, and in the cases of INFPs with a well developed Thinking, rigorous analysis is often performed on issues that engage the emotions of the INFP.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  8. #588
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    The other was a genetics researcher.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #589
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I say this because most of the INFP's I've met, have mostly been extremely intellectual, mostly in the sciences. One was a theoretical chemist, which according to your theories would be entirely beyond him, as he would lack the ability to form enough logic to do his work.
    No, not really some of us are exceptional people and manage to excell at things we are not naturally talented in.

    Gregory Mendel was another example of an INFP scientist.

    Those are quite rare though, INFPs are under-represented as mathematicians, philosophers and scientists, if you run into those often it is most likely the case that you have mistyped those people.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  10. #590
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    No, I didn't. Both examples, originally had their tests done professionally. I know this because I went and did it with the same practioner at thier recommendations.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO