User Tag List

First 345671555 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 650

  1. #41
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    ^

    Fi is NOT an orgasm!

    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Well, are you really faking then or are you listening to your unconscious? I often intetionally "forget" about certain things and then get an answer from seemingly nowhere. I don't think I'm faking that, I think it's unconscious thinking...but you can't do it on demand and therefore it doesn't equate that you'd do it often. I am not working on some major publication of Ti logic, lol.
    I would refuse to actually fake emotion today in art, but I think I have, many years ago. What I do is indeed "listening" to emotion, however slight it starts out. It can be enhanced if dwelled upon.

    If a person's lyrics are consistantly Fi (and not just the odd song or two) it stands to reason that is their dom feeling function.
    I disagree here. Someone may regularly do the above to produce art, simply because they want to produce a certain kind of art, heartfelt art.

  3. #43
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    He just admitted it would be too exhausting for him to want to do right now. No artist could build their career on a function that drained them. Just like I would be unlikely to major in Logic. I might be able to get an inspired logic based idea from time to time but I wouldn't build my career around this, I wouldn't be able to count on it well enough or understand it well enough.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Heart: Watch this. It's another INTP songwriter: Interview with Interpol's Paul Banks

    I had the wrong one pasted first, make sure you watch the one which is 6:57 long.

  5. #45
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Here is an example of mimicking Fi:

    A man is about to take a woman out on their fifth date.
    Man stops by his mom's house as a surprise to introduce her to his woman.
    His woman is embarrassed and a little annoyed that he would do that without telling her.
    (Meanwhile, he thinks this will score him points)
    He tells her that he's sorry, it meant a lot to him to introduce her to his mother since she's special.

    That is Fi mimicked.

  6. #46
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ^

    Fi is NOT an orgasm!

    Ummmm, I think, ohhhh, uh-huh, yeah, mmmhmm, uhhh, uh-huh, yess, that, ohhh, mmmhmm, that you, Ooooo, mmmmhmmm, definitely, uhhhh, mmmmm, just might, uh-huh, be right, yeahhhh, uh-huh!!!

    LOL!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #47
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I disagree here. Someone may regularly do the above to produce art, simply because they want to produce a certain kind of art, heartfelt art.
    They would exhuast themselves. It would be too hard to keep up. They might do one or two special works but not the body of their work overall. I really doubt that they'd want to create that kind of art, they'd have a different muse speaking to them.

  8. #48
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Heart: Watch this. It's another INTP songwriter: Interview with Interpol's Paul Banks

    I had the wrong one pasted first, make sure you watch the one which is 6:57 long.
    I can't do videos. My equipment can't handle it, lol. Sorry.

  9. #49
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Captain Chick.

    Things can be faked.

    Like, you know, what I do all the time.

    It's exhausting if you're not practiced, though.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #50
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I would refuse to actually fake emotion today in art, but I think I have, many years ago. What I do is indeed "listening" to emotion, however slight it starts out. It can be enhanced if dwelled upon.


    Fi ? Emotion

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO