User Tag List

First 37454647484957 Last

Results 461 to 470 of 650

  1. #461
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    So are you saying womens intuiton is an expression of Fi or that the only expression of Fi is womens intuition. If its the former could you not get similar intuitions( expressions of Fi) in sports situations?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  2. #462
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Here is an example...

    Someone rings your doorbell at 2pm.

    No one ever rings your doorbell at 2pm. There is no FedEx man in front of the house. No one is expected. You feel fear.

    You open the door and it is a rapist.

    Did your intuition randomly make you feel fear?

    No, but your instincts told you "It does not add up to have someone ringing my doorbell at this hour."

    ---

    Another example:

    You are standing with a professor. He is standing just one or two inches too close... But you aren't 100% cognisant of it, but you feel the fear. Your body knows he was too close, crossing your boundaries and therefore not to be trusted, but your mind wasn't quite aware. Therefore you walk away going "that guy gives me the creeps" thinking it's random. It's not.

    A similar example, the body can tell if someone makes eye contact just a little too long for comfort... but the mind, not so much.

  3. #463
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Hmm.. sometimes I get first impression like hunches when I'm playing sports. Like if someone is coming up behind me, or if I sense there is a goal scoring opportunity I get this strong feeling in my gut. I used to get a similar feeling when I was younger when I sensed I was about to be punished by my parents.
    I do get feelings like that I guess. Like when I play basketball and I'm about to shoot I can tell beforehand if it's going to get into the basket or not; the "touch". But all these things seem kind of common sense-related.

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Woman's intuition alerts you to danger. It is not a random hunch. Women are designed to be able to protect themselves and their young, so they are more in tune with perceived threats.
    Well, obviously if a man randomly approaches me, who happens conveniently to be a young girl alone, or if I'm walking down a street at night and see some tough-looking guys crowding around somewhere or following me, it's something else. I'm going to be on guard.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I do get feelings like that I guess. Like when I play basketball and I'm about to shoot you can tell beforehand if it's going to get into the basket or not; the "touch". But all these things seem kind of common sense-related.
    Se+Ti, a la ISTP. (I'm just trying to show how silly these functions are, as usual)

  5. #465
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Here is an example...

    Someone rings your doorbell at 2pm.

    No one ever rings your doorbell at 2pm. There is no FedEx man in front of the house. No one is expected. You feel fear.

    You open the door and it is a rapist.
    LOL. XDDDD I'm sorry that is just hilarious.

    Another example:

    You are standing with a professor. He is standing just one or two inches too close... But you aren't 100% cognisant of it, but you feel the fear. Your body knows he was too close, crossing your boundaries and therefore not to be trusted, but your mind wasn't quite aware. Therefore you walk away going "that guy gives me the creeps" thinking it's random. It's not.

    A similar example, the body can tell if someone makes eye contact just a little too long for comfort... but the mind, not so much.
    Really? I always know why/have a reason for someone making me feel a certain way.

    I'm sorry but all these things still fall into the category of "common sense" or "taking precautions" to me.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  6. #466
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    To give you an anecdotal example the other day I was discussing price and value with my mom and how it related to a jacket she had bought me. I don't know what I did or what I said but somehow I violated one of her core personal values by stating that It didn't matter what the initial value of the jacket was it was cheap therefore I would treat it more in accordance to its cheap price.( I wasn't gonna like have a shower in it or do something stupid) Apparently this was shocking to her and she stated that even if she gets something on sale for like 5 dollars and it's value was something like 50 dollars she would treat as if it was worth 50 dollars.

    I told her that was fine and dandy but at the end of the day it was worth 5 dollars and she did get more similar items because of that fact so whether or not she was aware that she was acting based on price as opposed to value, that was what she was doing, deep down though she still felt the need to have a subjective attachment to the items "value"

    Do you think that would be sort of indicative of Fi?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  7. #467
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    It is common sense. It is so common that it is subconscious.

  8. #468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    It is common sense. It is so common that it is subconscious.
    Is it? Or is it so uncommon that it just blew your mind?!'


  9. #469
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I recommend not discussing intellectual matters with CC, if you are invested in them. The pursuit is devastating and horrible. This is just my advice to you, the internet.
    I certainly would agree that the lack of structure in her claims is problematic because it renders her message ambiguous, and the value judgments attached to them are an unnecessary distraction.

    It is manifest to me, however, that her posts reflect a notale perceptive ability. This may not offer clear answers to us, or even heuristics regarding acquistion of such answers, thought it clearly focuses our attention on many problems relevant to the topic at hand and different ways we could approach it.

    In other words, despite the lack of T intellectual virtues, CC certainly has intelelctual merits associated with N.

    Thus, the recommendation not to discuss intellectual matters with her strikes me as unwarrantable and thoroughly depreciatory.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  10. #470
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    To give you an anecdotal example the other day I was discussing price and value with my mom and how it related to a jacket she had bought me. I don't know what I did or what I said but somehow I violated one of her core personal values by stating that It didn't matter what the initial value of the jacket was it was cheap therefore I would treat it more in accordance to its cheap price.( I wasn't gonna like have a shower in it or do something stupid) Apparently this was shocking to her and she stated that even if she gets something on sale for like 5 dollars and it's value was something like 50 dollars she would treat as if it was worth 50 dollars.

    I told her that was fine and dandy but at the end of the day it was worth 5 dollars and she did get more similar items because of that fact so whether or not she was aware that she was acting based on price as opposed to value, that was what she was doing, deep down though she still felt the need to have a subjective attachment to the items "value"

    Do you think that would be sort of indicative of Fi?

    I would say so, but I'm not sure. What type do you think your mom is?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO