User Tag List

First 33414243444553 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I recommend not discussing intellectual matters with CC, if you are invested in them. The pursuit is devastating and horrible. This is just my advice to you, the internet.
    Discussion with those who are not like-minded with you increases perspective. Increasing perspective increases objectivity (as defined in gathering clear-cut information). More clear-cut, objective information makes it easier to gain true understanding.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Discussion with those who are not like-minded with you increases perspective. Increasing perspective increases objectivity (as defined in gathering clear-cut information). More clear-cut, objective information makes it easier to gain true understanding.
    I don't think I've ever played the age card before in my life, but I'm doing it now. I'M TWICE AS OLD AS YOU ARE. YOU HAVE NO ADVICE TO GIVE ME! Ahh, that was satisfying.

MBTI
    INTP

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I always am startled by the utter lack of objective information in many of CC's posts.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I am never startled by the utter lack of objective information in many of posts on this forum.
    you're welcome-its what i do
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I always am startled by the utter lack of objective information in many of CC's posts.
    And you are.........?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't think I've ever played the age card before in my life, but I'm doing it now. I'M TWICE AS OLD AS YOU ARE. YOU HAVE NO ADVICE TO GIVE ME! Ahh, that was satisfying.
    My grandmother is three times my age but dumb as a doorknob.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

I wasn't trying to give you advice, I was just refuting the notion that nothing can be gained from interaction with individuals whom are very different from you and have very different ideas and perspectives.

The information another person presents doesn't have to be objective, you can still gain from it, there are many ways you can benefit from understanding a person's stance on something whether you find them right or wrong, objective or un-objective.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    And you are.........?
    I actually truly don't understand what this means?

If you mean my name, on this forum its Aimahn.

Have I ever had a discussion with you before, You seem vaguely familiar?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFP

I actually truly don't understand what this means?

If you mean my name, on this forum its Aimahn.

Have I ever had a discussion with you before, You seem vaguely familiar?
    You sure have a lot of bad things to say about CC without having made an impression of your own.

Well, you're beginning to make an impression, but it leaves you with very little room to cast judgment.

MBTI
    INTP

I wasn't trying to give you advice, I was just refuting the notion that nothing can be gained from interaction with individuals whom are very different from you and have very different ideas and perspectives.

The information another person presents doesn't have to be objective, you can still gain from it, there are many ways you can benefit from understanding a person's stance on something whether you find them right or wrong, objective or un-objective.
    My issue is it has to be presented and argued in objective terms. for example if I dislike you I state I hate you. You get from this that I have a deep seeded dislike for you and it is clear in my word choice.

If I turn around and say You're stupid and my reasoning is because I dislike you but I don't state the feelings that led me to that conclusion it is inherently subjective. It is this way because I rely on you to make implicit assumptions on what is an objective word/term and only I know the correct trigger. The more elaborate my hidden feelings are the harder it is for you to come anywhere close to an objective understanding of what it is I meant.