User Tag List

First 32404142434452 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    What was such an argument?
    In short the predictability of feelings. Just because something intangible does not necessarily have a direct concrete counterpart to appraise its worth does not invalidate its existence. To relate to her reasoning, just because there is an abstract term like Fi to describe a phenomena that deals with humans does not necessitate a need for a concrete counterpart to prove its existence.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    In short the predictability of feelings. Just because something intangible does not necessarily have a direct concrete counterpart to appraise its worth does not invalidate its existence. To relate to her reasoning, just because there is an abstract term like Fi to describe a phenomena that deals with humans does not necessitate a need for a concrete counterpart to prove its existence.
    My response was it is true that feelings are predictable to a degree because they derive from am external object. This claim of blackmail's, I heartily endorse.

However, Feelers often have an inaccurate interpretation of what has impacted them. Some of them have vibrant imaginations and therefore imagine very complex explanations for the way their environment has influenced them. Inevitably they act on their convictions. Because of such complexities envisaged by them, their actions become difficult to predict.

Blackmail's argument was that the behavior of animals, who are all illogical is easy to predict. Thus being illogical alone does not make you unpredictable, that is true. In order to be unpredictable you must be both, illogical and imaginative. Certain humans are both, animals are just one of the those two.

Therefore animals are predictable and certain people are not.

This has not yet been addressed.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Wing, I just don't think you are being fair, here, honestly.:
    Perhaps. Though we seem to have different agendas, for this reason it appears to you that I am being unfair.

No one here is trying to build a logically sound argument for, wait, what would we be arguing, anyhow?!?:
    I see.

Some of us are describing how we experience Fi, that is all, and what is wrong with discussing experiential stuff and opinions rather than arguing concrete objective facts?:
    This may be a very interesting experience and therefore worth practicing and discussing, however, it is not relevant to my agenda, namely that of arriving at an objective understanding.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFP

Emotions in themselvs do not have a clear structure, therefore it is not possible to act upon only values. When you stand by your values, you are analyzing your feelings, therefore using Feeling and Thinking. When an F does not use Thinking properly, to structure their values, they merely act on impulses.
    I surrender.
    Would you kindly read my signature?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

One cannot fabricate an emotional response, and if they do so, they are acting and hence are actors.

I think that I am both a "feeler" and pretty imaginative. And as weird, and "unique" as I may be, all of my fickleness and unreliable, "unpredicatble-ness", I think, is more due to my being a P, than my being an Fi user.

But still, if pressed to explain myself, all of my *seemingly* fickle actions have justifiable reasonings behind them, these justifications just might not be readily seen to the outside observer.

And, NO human being is perfectly predictable, we are just too complex to be able to be algorithmically understood.

Feelers often have an inaccurate interpretation of what has impacted them
    ^ This just does not apply to dom. Fi users, we are all about introspecting and mindfulness, I believe, when it comes to understanding our emotions and why we feel or felt what we feel/felt.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Perhaps. Though we seem to have different agendas, for this reason it appears to you that I am being unfair.

I see.

This may be a very interesting experience and therefore worth practicing and discussing, however, it is not relevant to my agenda, namely that of arriving at an objective understanding.
    F.Y.I.

How most Fi doms, I presume, would react to having or making "agendas" ----->
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I recommend not discussing intellectual matters with CC, if you are invested in them. The pursuit is devastating and horrible. This is just my advice to you, the internet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

One cannot fabricate an emotional response, and if they do so, they are acting and hence are actors.

I think that I am both a "feeler" and pretty imaginative. And as weird, and "unique" as I may be, all of my fickleness and unreliable, "unpredicatble-ness", I think, is more due to my being a P, than my being an Fi user.

But still, if pressed to explain myself, all of my *seemingly* fickle actions have justifiable reasonings behind them, these justifications just might not be readily seen to the outside observer.

And, NO human being is perfectly predictable, we are just too complex to be able to be algorithmically understood.

^ This just does not apply to dom. Fi users, we are all about introspecting and mindfulness, I believe, when it comes to understanding our emotions and why we feel or felt what we feel/felt.

Let me explain again.

In order to have a clear and long lasting idea of what you are doing, you need to logically analyze your mindset. If you do not have a clear and long lasting idea, you are fickle. Many Feelers lack such a clear idea because they have not developed Thinking ot a sufficient degree.

Therefore many Fs are fickle.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I recommend not discussing intellectual matters with CC and or Bluewing, if you are invested in them. The pursuit is devastating and horrible. This is just my advice to you, the internet.
    this seems a bit more objective
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I think Pness is better defined by impulsivity than unpredictability. Just because Ps don't rely on planning to act on things, doesn't mean their upcoming actions/reactions aren't able to be forseen.

And this is more as an effect of Fi, as your "justifications" rely on more of a sort of introspection and reasoning out of values. These are not readily seen to outside observers because although Fi weighs values, it still does not mean things will be executed rationally. This is why Fi doms can seem unpredictable.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D