User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

Results 391 to 400 of 650

  1. #391
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    If the description of Fi's function in the brain was correct, yet we did not know what chemically caused it in the brain, we would still be able to predict someone's behavior in a given scenario where Fi would be used. Yet the true description of Fi is too vague and is applicable to almost anyone at a given time, so we cannot accurately predict future behavior using the Fi decription, it can become almost anything the subjective mind (everyone has a subjective mind) wishes to think of it.

    That make any sense?
    Do you think that all the cognitive functions are too vague and can be applicable to almost anyone at a given time?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #392
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Your new toughguy act is really impressive, Aimahn.
    Lol im not a tough guy and am not trying to act like one. I'm just on edge tonight, I'm sure I'll return to my normal fluffy self tomorrow.

    But honestly I don't understand your argument didums are you saying for me to appreciate or understand my actions or emotions I would have to go to a certified doctor to validate if my interpretation is precise or not?

    As a matter of fact I predicted that by responding in such a rude manner I would get someone who called me out and was correct. Do I know specifically what emotion I triggered. No I figured just a vague thing like "anger" or "upset" I don't know I couldn't really explicitly state it for you but I knew it would be negative.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  3. #393
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Lol im not a tough guy and am not trying to act like one. I'm just on edge tonight, I'm sure I'll return to my normal fluffy self tomorrow.

    But honestly I don't understand your argument didums are you saying for me to appreciate or understand my actions or emotions I would have to go to a certified doctor to validate if my interpretation is precise or not?

    As a matter of fact I predicted that by responding in such a rude manner I would get someone who called me out and was correct. Do I know specifically what emotion I triggered. No I figured just a vague thing like "anger" or "upset" I don't know I couldn't really explicitly state it for you but I knew it would be negative.
    Psychology =/= Typology

    Edit: brb in a bit

  4. #394
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    No how about you read up on what psychology is. Matter of fact do yourself a favor and look at Blackmail!'s excellent arguments against bluewing, because clearly you don't know what the flying fuck you're talking about.
    Interesting, I may not agree entirely with what he is saying, but, at least to me, he is making coherent sense, you , however...
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #395
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Psychology =/= Typology

    Edit: brb in a bit
    Why don't you use your abstract skills to do a little logical maneuvering.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  6. #396
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    If the description of Fi's function in the brain was correct, yet we did not know what chemically caused it in the brain, we would still be able to predict someone's behavior in a given scenario where Fi would be used. Yet the true description of Fi is too vague and is applicable to almost anyone at a given time, so we cannot accurately predict future behavior using the Fi decription, it can become almost anything the subjective mind (everyone has a subjective mind) wishes to think of it.

    That make any sense?
    I agree; that is a problem that most people encounter in typology. The solution is to rigorously define all of the functions and make them span all of cognition.

    The way I make sense of the functions is that they basically divide up the whole of cognition into four parts. They are not arbitrarily defining parts and asserting that they add up to the whole, they are starting from the whole and splitting it into sections.

    Introversion and Extroversion of functions is the only problem I have with the system (because there's overlap between those functions, ie. Fi and Fe have overlap), and in my own understanding, I've scrapped the concept of separate functions for introversion and extroversion in favor of thinking of it as one function with a spectrum of introversion/extroversion. Meh.

  7. #397
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default



    It's a pity this topic has derailed; I was hoping for someone to counter my last post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy
    I assure you, as someone who has, and continues to trounce every intellectual, mechanical, or mathematical problem that ever has and ever does come my way, I can say with a great deal of security that I, by no means, apparent or otherwise, avert objectivity.
    Such confidence! Almost as confident as me.

  8. #398
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    So what about when Fi tells me to say "fuck it" to the norm, and disobey authority (the teacher in the class room, smoking marijuana even though it's illegal) and whatnot? What is there to be said about evolution and what is socially accepted, in that context?

    What is there to be said about anti-death penalty activist in pro-death penalty countries where it has been used for hundreds of years? Are their values dictated by society as well?


    And I'm assuming you're simply saying Fi lacks critical thinking faculties. Surely you are not trying to say Fi dominants lack critical thinking faculties?
    Fi in itself does lack critical thinking skills, however Fi people may cultivate their critical thinking skills by developing their Thinking function. The rebellious behavior you mention in most case is a result of precisely such a development. Before having developed Thinking to a certain degree, Fi people tend to go with the flow in order to please others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If this were the case, then wouldn't there be a lot more FPs, considering how it's good for the continuation of society, and therefore survival?
    Fi is a very idiosyncratuc breed.As a matter of biology it occurs rarely because it is first and foremost focused on the passions (feelings, torrential and impulsive by nature) but aslo Introverted, which makes it in tune with the element of the intelelct and calm contemplation.

    Also Fis emote in a very unconventional fashion, despite their earnest attempts to please others, people do not appreciate their kind wishes simply because they express their feelings differently from the way most people are used to.

    So, in summary, Fi type occurs infrequently, and is not favored by evolution because this type fails to relate to people in a benevolent fashion often despite the sincerest efforts to do so. This explains why Fis are as rare as they are today.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #399
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hmm, yet again, I think you failed to *really* read FineLine's, ani's, and sarah's posts, (just to name a few).

    Nowhere have any of these people, including myself, alluded to Fi being a mechanism to relate to cultural norms, nowhere!!!

    Cultural norms are fleeting and Fi is not really a wispy, here today, gone tomorrow, type of function.
    You are absolutely correct! My view of Fi is different from theirs!

    I think that my beliefs are true because I have an argument to support them, and I do not see how it can be refuted at this point, nor has anyone showed how this can be done with competence.

    They on the other hand hae not presented an argument, only foundationless opinions.

    One may say, they are Fi doms, they must know how that function works! No, not really! In order to properly understand how one's mind works, intellectual honesty and skill at logical analysis are required, so far they have shown no evidence of neither.

    My next question is,

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Cultural norms are fleeting and Fi is not really a wispy, here today, gone tomorrow, type of function.
    Fi is founded on Feelings and only that, the functiom is callled 'Introverted Feeling'!.

    Feeling is by its nature fickle.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  10. #400
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    So... it logically follows that people without their primary function being Fi are sociopaths (lack empathy) unless they "work on it" to become "balanced"?

    God, the logical holes that I could drive a truck through.
    How exactly does that follow???
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO