User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

Results 371 to 380 of 650

  1. #371
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Physically, we know the difference between introverted and extroverted brains.
    Yep, wiki has a great page on that: Extraversion and introversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    As for the other functions... perhaps in the future, all elements of our personality will be able to be pinned down as what part of the brain/body they are associated with.
    They could be, but the brain is an ever changing thing, you may be able to define someone at one point in time, but what about 5 years later? The events (nurture) which shape parts of the brain over time are often unpredictable.

    Also, I would hope not that they become definable, that would make us easily controllable.

  2. #372
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    I know right? But that wouldn't be any fun would it?



    Your point was odd; I was making fun of you a bit...

    Your same logic could say:



    I think we can all agree on this:

    Happiness doesn't exist.

    You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Happiness! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a happy person."

    Neither does Happiness nor Sadness exist.



    Sometimes it's useful to talk about happiness, just like sometimes it's useful to talk about Fi. Your point is completely irrelevent to the discussion, which is ABOUT Fi.

  3. #373
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Your point was odd; I was making fun of you a bit...

    Your same logic could say:



    I think we can all agree on this:

    Happiness doesn't exist.

    You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Happiness! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a happy person."

    Neither does Happiness nor Sadness exist.



    Sometimes it's useful to talk about happiness, just like sometimes it's useful to talk about Fi. Your point is completely irrelevent to the discussion, which is ABOUT Fi.
    Same with certain types of pain.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #374
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Oh yeah pain would have been even better to use in that argument.

    They like talking about that in intro to philosophy classes from what I remember

  5. #375
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Oh yeah pain would have been even better to use in that argument.

    They like talking about that in intro to philosophy classes from what I remember
    Yes they do .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #376
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Hmm, I think that Ne and Fi are labels that we attribute to complex cognitive-emotional behaviors.

    In a physical sense, Ne and Fi do not exist, but those things in which it signify do.



    If that makes sense.

    I could have started this tread about empathy, because, I know that what I've always viewed as my empathic/empathetic abilities/capacities I only just recently came to view as a product or function of Fi.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #377
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    ^ Yes, that makes sense, CC.

  8. #378
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I think we can all agree on this:

    Happiness doesn't exist.

    You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Happiness! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a happy person."

    Neither does Happiness nor Sadness exist.
    Ever hear of serotonin and dopamine?

  9. #379
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hmm, I think that Ne and Fi are labels that we use to label complex cognitive-emotional behaviors.

    In a physical sense, Ne and Fi do not exist, but those things in which it signify do.



    If that makes sense.

    I could have started this tread about empathy, because, I know that what I've always viewed as my empathic/empathetic abilities/capacities I only just recently came to view as a product or function of Fi.


    You always talk about empathy and Fi; I don't see why you're specifying introversion for feeling... (it takes N too).

  10. #380
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Ever hear of serotonin and dopamine?
    Blah, that's not even my argument. Forget it.

    Should have used the pain example instead.

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO