User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 650

  1. #351
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I didn't say Fi was the "best" for everyone, I said it is easier to trust for me because it feels more real to me. When I do Fe, it comes off sounding fake and hollow and that was my point.
    You are one of the 2-3 reasons I said some instead of all

  2. #352
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I don't "get" Fi, I guess, but I understand how it works.

    I think Fi users don't really get Fe either, even though they might understand the definition.

    I do know how to deal with Fi users, though. They have a harder time dealing with me than I do with them.

    I do find it kinda funny that some Fi users seem to think Fi is more "real" or "authentic" than Fe. I guess most people tend to think the things they're good at are the "best" things.

    And CC, there is a lot of hidden tone and assumptions in your posts, and that's what most people are responding to, not your actual words. This is the problem with Ns communicating, especially over the internet :)
    this bit was interesting...
    what exactly is the point of this though...is someone supposed to wrong in this situation...because i think the opposite could be said as well...we most likely do not get ti either...right? i mean...we receive and process information differently...

  3. #353
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Darling, I think I may know why you are feeling sore with me, but I am not about to blow up your spot, but really, continue attacking me if it makes your feel good about yourself.
    Once again you have a habit of wrapping up your "arguments" in emotionally charged personal responses. I really am not on any level near where you at emotionally so I don't know why your projecting these emotions on me, seriously. See thats the thing the further the argument goes on the more you retreat to "reasoning" by making the case that someone has it out for you. If it makes you sleep better by all means continue doing it.

    I can do hugs too


    oo wow I just passed my first test on CC arguing methods. yay

    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  4. #354
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    You are one of the 2-3 reasons I said some instead of all
    I was just trying to be clearer about what I meant. I don't always explain myself as well as I should.

  5. #355
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    It's not necessarily a personal bash but its kinda funny that you frequently explicitly and implicitly bash Ti and consistently value Fi very highly and get upset when others devalue your function(see multiple hate threads). My issue is basically with your original attempts at explaining Fi v Ti in this thread, I thought it unnecessarily praised Fi while casting Ti in a negative light. you didn't substantiate a lot of your own personal arguments either.
    Do i bash Ti? No.

    Do I get frustrated with Ti doms? Sometimes, yes.

    I have difficulty reading through a lot of Ti, honestly, lol, because I lack patience and instead much prefer the concise route that Te affords me.

    Do I value Fi? Hell yes I do, and I don't think I need to apologize for that fact

    My issue is basically with your original attempts at explaining Fi v Ti in this thread, I thought it unnecessarily praised Fi while casting Ti in a negative light.
    LOL, W-T-F ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?

    How this became a Ti vs. Fi thread is beyond me!!!

    And lemme get this straight you ask for a linear logical explanation and don't expect a Ti type response, correct me if I'm wrong but is Ti type reasoning exclusive to dominant Ti types? Regardless of who uses it the type of reasoning is still the same whether it is an Fi user or Ti user. I would also assume that would be an open invite for Ti users to try their hand at explaining it since they are naturally more proficient at it( would you argue that?) not to mention that there were plenty of Ti users who posted in the thread not just a couple
    Are you just *not* reading my posts?!?!?

    *shakes head*

    I shall refresh your memory.

    Perhaps I should have been more clear in my OP but I was actually hoping for Fi users to help linearly and logically explain Fi but I was willing, (and still am), to listen to what non-Fi users had/have to say about it.

    I especially enjoyed/appreciated Orangey's post about tapping into, experiencing Fi, and I think that she, along with ajblaise, and BW, (even though I disagree with a lot of what he says) all made valiant attempts to explain Fi.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #356
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    this bit was interesting...
    what exactly is the point of this though...is someone supposed to wrong in this situation...because i think the opposite could be said as well...we most likely do not get the ti either...right? i mean...we receive and process information differently...
    When I say Fi users don't really understand Fe users, I mean Fi/Te users don't really understand Fe/Ti users. (And vice versa)

    Not that we literally don't understand the words the other people are saying...but that we seem to start from different sets of assumptions, and we sometimes think we're arguing with each other when we're really just missing -- we're in different interpretation frames.

    No one is "right". I'm just saying people tend to weigh their assumptions higher than other people's assumptions, which leads to a big miscommunication.

    I think that different judging functions are the biggest difference in MBTI types, at least in terms of communication. I communicate best with TPs and FJs, even ESTPs and ESFJs. It's not that I can't communicate with TJs and FPs, it's just that I find we misunderstand each other more.

  7. #357
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Do i bash Ti? No.

    Do I get frustrated with Ti doms? Sometimes, yes.

    I have difficulty reading through a lot of Ti, honestly, lol, because I lack patience and instead much prefer the concise route that Te affords me.

    Do I value Fi? Hell yes I do, and I don't think I need to apologize for that fact



    LOL, W-T-F ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?

    How this became a Ti vs. Fi thread is beyond me!!!



    Are you just *not* reading my posts?!?!?

    *shakes head*

    I shall refresh your memory.
    My point was that you implied that you wanted logical linear explanations for Fi and most of the insightful posts in this thread did that. I actually really appreciated those specific posts you referenced and agreed with them because they provided me that avenue of understanding. You stated that you did not want Ti like reasoning when in fact your OP explicitly stated you did. Well when you are that loose with your statements and words you will get disagreement from Ti users and you did invite them by stating that in your original post.


    My specific issue was the fact that you made your own statements that could not be at all understood by Ti reasoning and furthermore they gave me the sense that Fi was somehow a more holier route to seeing the truth and Ti was a muddled and cloudy route to "seeing" it.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  8. #358
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    You stated that you did not want Ti like reasoning when in fact your OP explicitly stated you did
    When, where!?!??!





    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    I think we can all agree on this:

    Fi doesn't exist.

    You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Fi! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a dom Fi."

    Neither does F nor T exist.

    These things are imaginary, constructs of our minds (or rather the construct of the minds that created the system, which we now abide to) to try to explain and bring order to personality, which is a more complex, less definable, and less predictable thing that mbti would like.

    /end thread?

  10. #360
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    I think we can all agree on this:

    Fi doesn't exist.

    You cannot go to a part of the brain and say: "There! Thats some Fi! He/She's got a whole lot of it! Must be a dom Fi."

    Neither does F nor T exist.

    These things are imaginary, constructs of our minds (or rather the construct of the minds that created the system, which we now abide to) to try to explain and bring order to personality, which is a more complex, less definable, and less predictable thing that mbti would like.

    /end thread?
    /end forum?

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO