User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

Results 341 to 350 of 650

  1. #341
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    I don't "get" Fi, I guess, but I understand how it works.

    I think Fi users don't really get Fe either, even though they might understand the definition.

    I do know how to deal with Fi users, though. They have a harder time dealing with me than I do with them.

    I do find it kinda funny that some Fi users seem to think Fi is more "real" or "authentic" than Fe. I guess most people tend to think the things they're good at are the "best" things.

    And CC, there is a lot of hidden tone and assumptions in your posts, and that's what most people are responding to, not your actual words. This is the problem with Ns communicating, especially over the internet

  2. #342
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I feel frustrated because I have difficulty explaining the reasoning behind this Fi connection, other than saying, I dunno, so-in-so just *gets it*.

    So, I implore you, somebody, (anybody), try to linearly and logically explain Fi, for I simply cannot, asking me to do so is like asking me to justify my, I don't know, my entire existence, I guess.

    Hmmm would linear logic not be a strength of dominant T users, specifically Ti?

    Not to mention earlier on you and heart asked, begged jack to explain Fi in Ti fashion. I will dig it up later but it's there for all to see.

    As a matter of fact you even stated your inability to explain it in those terms and asked others who were more skilled to do it for you. The whole thread could basically be read as "me specifically as an Fi user cannot explain it in terms that any one else but an Fi user can understand, so will anyone with a skill or proficiency in linear logic please come to my rescue and try and explain it in that fashion so you know others can actually understand it"
    Just as I thought, I *never explicitly* asked Ti users to define/explain Fi.

    And I am unsure if you saw my introduction but I believe I stated "Hello fellow Fi users and also, I am not sure if you noticed but I posted this in the NF Idyllic forum, not the NT one.

    Perhaps I should have been more clear in my OP but I was actually hoping for Fi users to help linearly and logically explain Fi but I was willing, (and still am), to listen to what non-Fi users had/have to say about it.

    I especially enjoyed/appreciated Orangey's post about tapping into, experiencing Fi, and I think that she, along with ajblaise, and BW, (even though I disagree with a lot of what he says) all made valiant attempts to explain Fi.

    Somewhere, somehow, this became a personal attacking bashing thread, and that is sad, really, considering that this topic isn't even politically charged, or taboo.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #343
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default


  4. #344
    Badoom~ Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I'm not devaluing Fi in any way shape or form at ALL. What I was merely trying to say was since most people have encountered Ti logic it is pretty easily understood and learned. Most people however are not familiar with Fi logic so I thought it was necessary for their to be sort a bridge to help me and others understand it( a lot of other posters did a great job of that, by the way) But my original intent in bringing this up was to show that CC did in fact ask specifically for Ti logic and when some people tried to explain it in that manner she got frustrated as did others. The funny thing is most of the "insightful" posts that were referenced actually were very logically plausible unlike her own attempts.
    I wasn't targeting you directly, only ignoring her request for Ti reasoning and giving my own reason with iLogic.

    I do see that, so it could show that Fi and Ti cant really explain each other 'right'? Ti sees Fi as some tool and Fi sees Ti as a cold mean rock?

  5. #345
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Just as I thought, I *never explicitly* asked Ti users to define/explain Fi.
    You asked it on a forum predominantly populated by Ti types. You had to know you were goading them.

    Besides, if you're asking for logic, you will not find a type more aptly equipped.
    we fukin won boys

  6. #346
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I don't "get" Fi, I guess, but I understand how it works.

    I think Fi users don't really get Fe either, even though they might understand the definition.

    I do know how to deal with Fi users, though. They have a harder time dealing with me than I do with them.

    I do find it kinda funny that some Fi users seem to think Fi is more "real" or "authentic" than Fe. I guess most people tend to think the things they're good at are the "best" things.
    I didn't say Fi was the "best" for everyone, I said it is easier to trust for me because it feels more real to me. When I do Fe, it comes off sounding fake and hollow and that was my point.

  7. #347
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You asked it on a forum predominantly populated by Ti types. You had to know you were goading them.
    It's not logical to allow one's self to be goaded.

  8. #348
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    But my original intent in bringing this up was to show that CC did in fact ask specifically for Ti logic and when some people tried to explain it in that manner she got frustrated as did others. The funny thing is most of the "insightful" posts that were referenced actually were very logically plausible unlike her own attempts.
    Darling, I think I may know why you are feeling sore with me, but I am not about to blow up your spot, but really, continue attacking me if it makes your feel good about yourself.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #349
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    This is exactly the kind of inductive idiocy I get so pissed about. You and CC both make this mistake.

    Just because Feeling isn't rational, doesn't mean an F can't be rational. It means most of the time they're not, but still some of the time they can, and often are
    I said that you should be embarassed and you responded "NO U". "You're an F anyway" like somehow that would affect what I had said? You use it like an ad hominem or something, which demonstrates that you are interpreting a pseudoscience too literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Wrong.
    You don't care what I have to say.
    And y'know something chotch, you're almost alone.
    Awesome appeal to popularity. All I was saying was that this mindset: "I don't have any interest in proving my points / sharing my knowledge to underlings such as yourself" is worthless because if you cannot prove your points THEY DO NOT MATTER. Everything in mathematics, science, philosophy, is about proving your points to be true! If you can prove your points to be true, knowledge grows, and benefits humanity.

    Ex: "2+2 = 5" - bob
    "why do you think that is bob" - jim
    "it just is jim, it just is, I dont have to prove anything to you! To me, it is self evident that it is true!" - bob

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Again you make the mistake of thinking I care whether you approve of me.
    I don't think you do, I don't know why you asserted that I do. I was just noting that undue convictions about yourself were influencing your thought process.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Well why the hell did you even write that then?
    To let you know that I didn't care, because you might not have noticed that I didn't care if I just didn't respond altogether by skipping that quote. I had to let you know that I thought what you had said was worthless because I am a F and it makes me feel good when I annoy you.
    Last edited by Didums; 11-01-2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: fixed example

  10. #350
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Just as I thought, I *never explicitly* asked Ti users to define/explain Fi.

    And I am unsure if you saw my introduction but I believe I stated "Hello fellow Fi users and also, I am not sure if you noticed but I posted this in the NF Idyllic forum, not the NT one.

    Perhaps I should have been more clear in my OP but I was actually hoping for Fi users to help linearly and logically explain Fi but I was willing, (and still am), to listen to what non-Fi users had/have to say about it.

    I especially enjoyed/appreciated Orangey's post about tapping into, experiencing Fi, and I think that she, along with ajblaise, and BW, (even though I disagree with a lot of what he says) all made valiant attempts to explain Fi.

    Somewhere, somehow, this became a personal attacking bashing thread, and that is sad, really, considering that this topic isn't even politically charged, or taboo.
    It's not necessarily a personal bash but its kinda funny that you frequently explicitly and implicitly bash Ti and consistently value Fi very highly and get upset when others devalue your function(see multiple hate threads). My issue is basically with your original attempts at explaining Fi v Ti in this thread, I thought it unnecessarily praised Fi while casting Ti in a negative light. you didn't substantiate a lot of your own personal arguments either.


    And lemme get this straight you ask for a linear logical explanation and don't expect a Ti type response, correct me if I'm wrong but is Ti type reasoning exclusive to dominant Ti types? Regardless of who uses it the type of reasoning is still the same whether it is an Fi user or Ti user. I would also assume that would be an open invite for Ti users to try their hand at explaining it since they are naturally more proficient at it( would you argue that?) not to mention that there were plenty of Ti users who posted in the thread not just a couple.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO