User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It seems oddly appropriate, having just waded through this thread. Will someone buy me a beer please?
    Yes, pours myself a glass, as well.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

The point is they tried to bridge the gap by providing some form of logical reasoning. I'm not one to speak on others behalf but I'm guessing that is what Nocapszy and Jack Flaks issues are with you. Personally I tried my best to explain why I thought some of your explanations unnecessarily put Fi in some exceedingly positive light and Ti in a negative light. In fact you explicitly stated your frustration with Ti in one of those quotes, not to mention your constant distrust and bashing of it. As a matter of fact you implored people to try and linearly and logically describe Fi for those non Fi users. YOU ASKED for it personally, what more is there to say?

You do realize that a majority of the posters in this thread were Ti users and actually filled a decent amount of posts in this thread therefore contributing to trying to bring a linear logical explanation of what it is whether or not you appreciated it is irrelevant, because you specifically asked for it. If you read fine lines post he explicitly stated that they had an equal chance of being wrong and in trying to explain Fi you would have to view it in the light of other functions. If you look at most of the insightful posts they did use logically reasonable explanations to describe it. That was something I felt you failed to do, go ahead and quote for me your insightful posts on Fi.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Okay. Never let anyone make me mad. Never, as opposed to like once a month, which is how it is now. Got it.
    You can get mad at something that someone said, but not at the person who said it, because then a frenzy of ad hominem, strawmen, etc, will occur. You let your anger get in the way of logical thinking, exactly what most thinkers themselves demonize. Of course its impossible to prevent yourself from getting mad, but you can prevent yourself from letting it govern your thought process.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hey, no fair! I didn't complain about all my insightful posts being left out of the attack thread on me!
    I was explicitly confronting the things you wrote in those particular posts, which is entirely different from what Aimahn is doing.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    You can get mad at something that someone said, but not at the person who said it, because then a frenzy of ad hominem, strawmen, etc, will occur. You let your anger get in the way of logical thinking, exactly what most thinkers themselves demonize. Of course its impossible to prevent yourself from getting mad, but you can prevent yourself from letting it govern your thought process.
    Lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Fi cannot be faked.

The end.

-CC
    Pi can be faked. I call it sham-pi.

What is Flak-boy doing in here anyway? He doesn't even believe in Fi, let alone understand it!?!

Lol.
    Okay, I'm done, why did I even try in the first place...

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    First of all, this thread isn't about Fi against Ti,
    Yes, the OP wasn't about Fi verses Ti but apparently for *clears throat* some here it is. It's saying more about them than the Fi users.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, the OP wasn't about Fi verses Ti but apparently for *clears throat* some here it is. It's saying more about them than the Fi users.
    The point is because we lack Fi it is somewhat necessary to view it in more Ti like terms. Otherwise why would you start the thread and ask for it to be explained in a more linear logical fashion for OTHERS to understand it?

Seriously just answer me that.

Was this thread not to bring a bigger audience of people who understood Fi. Do you not always try and deliver your message to your audience, at least take them in account. If im not mistaken other personalities( with differing function preferences) are included in the audience so would it no make sense to try and tailor your message for them?

Maybe I am just insanely crazy and am reading to much into both implicit and explicit statements. Maybe I need to go back to 2nd grade and learn how to read but I'm pretty sure I read that in the OP.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Nah, the thread is not about personality types or functions.