User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Tis' a tragedy.
    ('Tis.)

Doesn't matter, you understood the message. I just honestly feel bad for you and wanted to help. It is a tragedy in the sense that you fail to recognize your own flaws and that in this, they are the cause of your demise. It's like I'm watching Shakespeare.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Doesn't matter, you understood the message. I just honestly feel bad for you and wanted to help. It is a tragedy in the sense that you fail to recognize your own flaws and that in this, they are the cause of your demise. It's like I'm watching Shakespeare.
    I really don't get this. How does having a problem with someone equate to my demise? You may not have noticed, I'm a bit foolhardy on the internet.

MBTI
    INTP

But really, are you being serious in those posts? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. are you just instigating drama for entertainment or something? Just trying to see what reactions you can conjure up? I'm just really, really hoping you weren't putting forth those statements seriously..
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Still here, still witnessing, and feeling sadly disappointed.
    I am baffled and laughing, I am laughled, right now.
    WOW!!!

`
    Hello fellow Fi users,

Am I the only one who finds it difficult explaining Fi to non-Fi users???

Every poet, writer, philosopher and lyricist that I cherish is an Fi dom, or user.

I feel frustrated because I have difficulty explaining the reasoning behind this Fi connection, other than saying, I dunno, so-in-so just *gets it*.

So, I implore you, somebody, (anybody), try to linearly and logically explain Fi, for I simply cannot, asking me to do so is like asking me to justify my, I don't know, my entire existence, I guess.

K, Looking forward to your responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I've tried more than once, and I assure you CC, I understand Fi, even despite having real trouble identifying with it, but every attempt I've mRs to explain it logically has upset you, with the inevitable, predictable result of you writing me off as incorrect.

Here's the fact: Fi is not intellectually flattering.
    You like to think of yourself as intellectual, which you may very well be (I'll leave my judgement out of this) but I can assure you, it's not the calculations I Fi that deem you this quality.
    Your shortsight: just because you're an Fi user and Fi isn't a great intellectual tool doesn't mean you can't excell intellectually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Bluewing is correct.
    What the good Captain ought to have said was that it's difficult for her to explain her Fi judgements -- what Fi does for her, rather than Fi itself. The function alone is simplex at it's most confusing points.

ZOMG!!!

Fi respects the truth more than anything, that's right, a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I agree with CaptainChick. The values that F uses aren't just "passions." They're heuristics that are compiled based on experience and usually have logical order to them, it's just that the order is implicit, and the person doesn't always know WHY it's the right answer.
    Ahhhhhhhhh, Ti overload, makes..my..head...hurt!!!

Thinkers dispute what's true, while Feelers sense/see/understand the truth.

The end.

-CC
    The truths that I subscribe to, I believe to be universal truths.

I don't claim to know things that I don't understand, but I do understand the things that I know.
    And dudes, this thread isn't about *me* it is about *Fi*.

Grrrrr!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    [aimless incoherent ramble]

And now I'm also thinking that the way the title is even phrased already places the function itself into the deep and impenetrable fog, leading you to think there's something I don't get!!! I liken it to when you get a brain teaser or a riddle and you know the answer is embedded somewhere in there and if you look hard enough you'll get it. But this riddle is that there is no answer in there, joke's on you. The riddle turns into a knock-knock joke and then you're like damn, that was so obvious. OR, for all you party monsters out there, the bouncers will purposely let a long line form outside of the club to make people think 'what's going on in there?' Now when you get inside the place can be jumpin or you have two lame people doing the running man on the dance floor. Once again, I'm not sure what I just wrote so I'll leave it alone.

Honestly, this is what I think people make Fi out to be: "Fi: You only get it if you got it." Should I believe the hype? Should I wait in that line? I'm in the audience and I'm waiting for the main act to come onstage and it's been 45 minutes. Will it be worth it? I dunno.

[/aimless incoherent ramble]
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's one of those things 'you only get when you've got it', but really, it's not as great as the hype says it is. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Serious, serious, serious, serious, serious, serious, half-serious. I don't know what planet you live on thinking she wasn't maddeningly ignoring and insulting everyone who didn't say something like "Fi is great and everyone who doesn't have it sucks." I was literally maddened.
    Um, no, when did I ever explicitly or implicitly state that Fi is great and everyone who doesn't have it sucks.

Wow, please be more responsible, Jack..

You are accusing me of something I didn't do and you conveniently fail to back up your accusation with any substantive proof.

I'm to lazy right now to sort through all of those posts, sorry.

There is a decided lack of substance in many of CC's posts and if you in fact look back through the thread you will find surprisingly that the core of the insightful responses and arguments were made by Ti users. A number of other types that did not use Ti were also similarly frustrated by this running around in circles and not elucidating at all what Fi was until near the end of the thread.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INXP

I found this definition of Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fi
    There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
    It seems oddly appropriate, having just waded through this thread. Will someone buy me a beer please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I really don't get this. How does having a problem with someone equate to my demise? You may not have noticed, I'm a bit foolhardy on the internet.
    That your personal problems with someone prevent you from abstaining from emotions that would otherwise allow you to reason soundly.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I found this definition of Fi

It seems oddly appropriate, having just waded through this thread. Will someone buy me a beer please?
    Yes I would because that quote you know actually provided something more than a brief 2 or 3 line sentence with a glowingly positive review of what it does.

So for that bravo!!
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

That your personal problems with someone prevent you from abstaining from emotions that would otherwise allow you to reason soundly.
    Okay. Never let anyone make me mad. Never, as opposed to like once a month, which is how it is now. Got it.

*keeps Fi in check*

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I'm to lazy right now to sort through all of those posts, sorry.

There is a decided lack of substance in many of CC's posts and if you in fact look back through the thread you will find surprisingly that the core of the insightful responses and arguments were made by Ti users. A number of other types that did not use Ti were also similarly frustrated by this running around in circles and not elucidating at all what Fi was until near the end of the thread.
    Um, when did I ever claim to be the most insightful poster, in this thread or ever?!?!?

And I honestly feel like I am in the twilight zone, for realz.

First of all, this thread isn't about Fi against Ti, and I believe heart, FineLine, sarah, disregard, syptyq(sp?), harmonic, anii, Fiery Phoenix, and Mo the opera lover, all made some pretty insightful posts, all the while none of them being Ti users.

I also love how you chose to select next to none of my posts that got more in depth regarding Fi.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I also love how you chose to select next to none of my posts that got more in depth regarding Fi.
    Hey, no fair! I didn't complain about all my insightful posts being left out of the attack thread on me!