First 16242526272836 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Rule of thumb:

Type threads asking specific questions are a waste of time.
    So are most other threads, but those are more enjoyable.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

So was I!

I don't believe in immaturity.
    *sighs* an ENTP proves me right again.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It doesn't logically follow though, if the result is function order, which I know it is in your eyes. There's a break in cause and effect between "Introverted and Thinking" and "Ti-Ne-Si-Fe...", and there's no meaningful reason to separate something like Ti from something like Te.
    I think I know what you're getting at, and it doesn't matter, because theory like MBTI function order doesn't exist on its own, it's intended to describe reality, not another construct..
    Ti is not separated from Te. Because the INTP is generally a Thinking type, all Thinking faculties are strong. Therefore Te is also prominent in this type as we see Fe is in 4th position, it means that it is greatly opposed.

No, we shouldn't, and that's why I don't. This is the same reasoning behind thousands of years of any number of practices continuing well beyond their usefulness. If I can create my own theory in competition with your "truisms," my own "truisms," if you will, and have uninitiated people believe it just as easily, they aren't truisms. It's been done, and I could as well.
    The reason why they are called truisms is because there is clear-cut empirical evidence for their existence, as for instance we see that there is a clear-cut antithesis between dispassionate judgment and engagement in emotion.

And why I call it a preference. It's not cut and dry, and it should be obvious to you and everyone that from time to time, Ts are controlled by F, and vice versa...
    What is cut and dry is the natural tendency towards one or the other. If you are a Thinking type, the Thinking faculty simply arises more naturally in your cognitive activity than other functions.

It depends on the context. What's the subject of contemplation for this moment? What physical and mental states are the tested people in? Put a hunded introverts in a small room together for eight hours, and you might find some "shadow functions" coming out of the woodwork, for example..

The underlying principle is that the unconscious tendencies oppose each other and this will manifest in all contexts. The context in this case is not relevant.

They do compete, no argument there, but the aforementioned theory just isn't one to be relied upon.
    Why not?

Sorry my friend, reasonableness requires you to believe my theory unless you can show what is wrong with it.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    I am continuously going round and round inside my head, rearranging my Fi furniture as it were into more orderly fashion. When new information comes in (primarily via Ne), I then have to take a step back, survey my internal house, and re-arrange it according to my values.

This goes on consciously and I suspect subconsciously. That's why experiences, ideas or observations will nag at me until I've sorted them out. This process is also quite hidden from external observers. A person with dominant Fi can spend quite a bit of time weighing and agonizing over internal conflicts of interest and prioritization of competing values before any outward action is seen, if ever.

There is an awful lot of rumination going on underneath our seemingly placid exteriors.
    Excellent post!!!

I will only add this ---->

And, this ---->
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISFJ

BlueWing : I'm going to repeat my question since I don't know if you were ignoring me on purpose or not :

If Fi is so arbitrary why don't most people "irrationally" cling to "evil" values?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Sorry my friend, reasonableness requires you to believe my theory unless you can show what is wrong with it.
    I'm developing a new theory in my head, and perhaps I'll post it soon. It's simpler, of course. And I've already shown you the flaws in the extrapolations, so there is an ERROR in your statement here.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Type threads asking specific questions are a waste of time.
    If that is what you truly believe, then what are you doing here posting???
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    BlueWing : I'm going to repeat my question since I don't know if you were ignoring me on purpose or not :

If Fi is so arbitrary why don't most people "irrationally" cling to "evil" values?
    Because evolution has conditioned them to relate to people in a benevolent fashion. They would not have survived if they did not learn to relate to their tribesemen. Our culture has instantiated a code of behavior where a benevolent attitude towards others is highly vouched for. Fis (lacking critical thinking faculties) uncritically accept such cultural norms.

Irrationality has is irrelevant to wickedness in this context.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I'm developing a new theory in my head, and perhaps I'll post it soon. It's simpler, of course. And I've already shown you the flaws in the extrapolations, so there is an ERROR in your statement here.
    Where have you shown a flaw? Reiterate please, I must have missed that!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I didn't say you agreed that they were flaws, as if you did, we wouldn't be debating, but I have presented them.
    It doesn't logically follow though, if the result is function order, which I know it is in your eyes. There's a break in cause and effect between "Introverted and Thinking" and "Ti-Ne-Si-Fe...", and there's no meaningful reason to separate something like Ti from something like Te.
    I think I know what you're getting at, and it doesn't matter, because theory like MBTI function order doesn't exist on its own, it's intended to describe reality, not another construct.