User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    It is clear that the actions are a result of an emotional investment, but this does not exonerate the Fi from the charges of irrationality. Because the reasons for having such an emotional investment are illegitimate (logically invalid and often grounded on false premises), the Fi fully deserves the censure of its critics, if not ridicule. That is the point I have made to Blackmail earlier.
    What the? Who are you?

Maybe you can explain then, if it's all so irrational, why the number of serial killers and rapists doesn't amount to 50% of the worlds population. If Fi is so arbitrary why don't most people "irrationally" cling to "evil" values?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    This is so immature...
    Wow, you know it's really obvious when even an ENTP notices immaturity.

(joking!)

(OK, half-joking. )

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I agree with ajblaise that Fi is a "gut reaction".

If anything, I find that more the reason to follow it. Listen to your body.
    My gut tells me to do impulsive, short-sighted, needy things. I much prefer the outcomes when I am able to override my gut with my Ni vision of how things will turn out if only I stick to the rational Te plan of action.

Of course, my Fi is tertiary... Your gut is probably more useful than mine.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    My gut tells me to do impulsive, short-sighted, needy things. I much prefer the outcomes when I am able to override my gut with my Ni vision of how things will turn out if only I stick to the rational Te plan of action.

Of course, my Fi is tertiary... Your gut is probably more useful than mine.
    Yes, I thought about this after I wrote my post..

Let me clarify.

With a developed thinking faculty and the wisdom to tell the difference between your ego's voice and your gut instincts, listening to your gut is admirable, to me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Yes, I thought about this after I wrote my post..

Let me clarify.

With a developed thinking faculty and the wisdom to tell the difference between your ego's voice and your gut instincts, listening to your gut is admirable, to me.
    Personally I would just like to point out the MUCH better word choice used here.
    Last edited by Simplexity; 11-01-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Highlighting
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFJ

My gut reactions only get full authority on tests when I honestly can't think of the answer.

Otherwise, all gut reactions must go through careful cross examination. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    This is so immature...
    Lucky for you, you recognized early on and didn't engage. I wish I would have had the same foresight and discipline. It would have saved me about two hours.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I must be extremely immature, because the entire concept (of maturity) means nothing to me. So, if you think I'm immature, I gladly admit it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I must be extremely immature, because the entire concept means nothing to me. So, if you think I'm immature, I gladly admit it.
    I think the maturity lies in the fact of recognizing that no matter what you say, how good your arguments may seem that in the end the discussion will go nowhere and nothing will be made more clear. I can almost bet that you could devote all your energy and efforts in stating your case or trying to make the concept of Fi clear but in this thread it will get you nowhere.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I think the maturity lies in the fact of recognizing that no matter what you say, how good your arguments may seem that in the end the discussion will go nowhere and nothing will be made more clear. I can almost bet that you could devote all your energy and efforts in stating your case or trying to make the concept of Fi clear but in this thread it will get you nowhere.
    I believe CC started the thread because we were debating typing songwriters who seemed to be using Fi to compose lyrics, and I made a case against that, among other things. I'm satisfied. I provided the information I felt necessary to the conversation, and if it isn't absorbed by others, well, there's nothing more I can do.