• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

Didums

I recommend not discussing intellectual matters with CC, if you are invested in them. The pursuit is devastating and horrible. This is just my advice to you, the internet.

Discussion with those who are not like-minded with you increases perspective. Increasing perspective increases objectivity (as defined in gathering clear-cut information). More clear-cut, objective information makes it easier to gain true understanding.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Discussion with those who are not like-minded with you increases perspective. Increasing perspective increases objectivity (as defined in gathering clear-cut information). More clear-cut, objective information makes it easier to gain true understanding.
I don't think I've ever played the age card before in my life, but I'm doing it now. I'M TWICE AS OLD AS YOU ARE. YOU HAVE NO ADVICE TO GIVE ME! Ahh, that was satisfying.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I always am startled by the utter lack of objective information in many of CC's posts.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I am never startled by the utter lack of objective information in many of posts on this forum.

you're welcome-its what i do

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think I've ever played the age card before in my life, but I'm doing it now. I'M TWICE AS OLD AS YOU ARE. YOU HAVE NO ADVICE TO GIVE ME! Ahh, that was satisfying.

My grandmother is three times my age but dumb as a doorknob.

Didums

I wasn't trying to give you advice, I was just refuting the notion that nothing can be gained from interaction with individuals whom are very different from you and have very different ideas and perspectives.

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but I always am startled by the utter lack of objective information in many of CC's posts.

The information another person presents doesn't have to be objective, you can still gain from it, there are many ways you can benefit from understanding a person's stance on something whether you find them right or wrong, objective or un-objective.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
And you are.........?

I actually truly don't understand what this means?

If you mean my name, on this forum its Aimahn.

Have I ever had a discussion with you before, You seem vaguely familiar?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I actually truly don't understand what this means?

If you mean my name, on this forum its Aimahn.

Have I ever had a discussion with you before, You seem vaguely familiar?

You sure have a lot of bad things to say about CC without having made an impression of your own.

Well, you're beginning to make an impression, but it leaves you with very little room to cast judgment. ;)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I wasn't trying to give you advice, I was just refuting the notion that nothing can be gained from interaction with individuals whom are very different from you and have very different ideas and perspectives.

The information another person presents doesn't have to be objective, you can still gain from it, there are many ways you can benefit from understanding a person's stance on something whether you find them right or wrong, objective or un-objective.

My issue is it has to be presented and argued in objective terms. for example if I dislike you I state I hate you. You get from this that I have a deep seeded dislike for you and it is clear in my word choice.

If I turn around and say You're stupid and my reasoning is because I dislike you but I don't state the feelings that led me to that conclusion it is inherently subjective. It is this way because I rely on you to make implicit assumptions on what is an objective word/term and only I know the correct trigger. The more elaborate my hidden feelings are the harder it is for you to come anywhere close to an objective understanding of what it is I meant.

Didums

The more elaborate my hidden feelings are the harder it is for you to come anywhere close to an objective understanding of what it is I meant.

Which, in and of itself, is still information. Get me ;)

Edit: Example: It could provide you insight into human nature, or insight into how/why their reasoning is wrong and how to prevent yourself from making those same mistakes.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
You sure have a lot of bad things to say about CC without having made an impression of your own.

Well, you're beginning to make an impression, but it leaves you with very little room to cast judgment. ;)

I only hate CC to the extent that she argues. I respect you( more specifically your arguing/reasoning) because we have agreed upon terms that we are refuting or discussing and you don't force me to make a number of implicit assumptions. I don't think it should be necessary to play psychoanalyst just to come to an agreement on something, or have an argument. With CC it feels like that is the only way and it is extremely maddening.

I actually would probably much prefer playing psychoanalyst to someone who at least attempts to substantiate their feelings and thoughts on things, it would make things much smoother. I also appreciate the fact that your arguments power doesn't lie in attacking my own personal character or justifications( although you seem to be trending that way ).

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Which, in and of itself, is still information. Get me ;)

How good is the information when it can be interpreted in a million different ways and she is the only one that understands the correct way to interpret it. Japanese is still information, I can attempt to decipher it although I don't think I would get very far...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I also appreciate the fact that your arguments power doesn't lie in attacking my own personal character or justifications( although you seem to be trending that way ).

Those claws come out specifically when people do things like repeatedly attack a friend of mine.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Those claws come out specifically when people do things like repeatedly attack a friend of mine.

Attack who, I just stated I am frustrated by her inability to substantiate her claims and strive to come towards a mutual agreement on anything. Honestly in this brief 5 minute argument I think I've progressed a lot further than I have in any conversation than I've had with her. I actually really respect the fact that you are getting subjective because I've crossed a perceived "personal" boundary with you. The thing is you STATE all of this so I know what the fuck is going on.

Didums

How good is the information when it can be interpreted in a million different ways and she is the only one that understands the correct way to interpret it. Japanese is still information, I can attempt to decipher it although I don't think I would get very far...

See my edit. And the japanese example is assuming that what she has said is completely incomprehensible, which I don't think is the case here.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys are pretty much mostly making personal attacks- or in any case discussing things unrelated to the OP. If we would only continue discussing Fi, which I'm pretty sure this thread was intended for, we could get back to making post/idea-based attacks that take up pages, rather than retardedness-based ones that take up even more.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You guys are pretty much mostly making personal attacks- or in any case discussing things unrelated to the OP. If we would only continue discussing Fi, which I'm pretty sure this thread was intended for, we could get back to making post/idea-based attacks that take up pages, rather than retardedness-based ones that take up even more.
I don't think Fi could or should be discussed any further. Not that I think these little grudge matches should go on forever either, just sayin'.

Didums

Yes, but I think this thread is too far-gone now.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
You guys are pretty much mostly making personal attacks. If we would only continue discussing Fi, which I'm pretty sure this thread was intended for, we could get back to making post/idea-based attacks that take up pages, rather than retardedness-based ones that take up even more.

Actually yes the context has gotten personal, but I was trying to describe how I don't think I can effectively argue with CC because we both seem to be going in opposing directions. I personally think I am extremely willing to meet halfway and was trying state that by saying its necessary to come to some objective agreement to do that.

But yeah Carry on with the Fi, let the personal attacks flood in on me. I'll take them.