• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

heart

heart on fire
No, because traditional function order is full of s***. I've worn myself out explaining that, so It'll be a while before I have the energy to do it again.

I didn't think Ti doms got this kind of mental fatigue. I assumed it was mostly inferior T that gets all bogged down.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
. Since I can put myself into an "F state" to create art, I really think it's a fool's errand to type people based on their lyrics, or paintings, or films, etcetera. Though occasionally I will recognize someone else's style as "probably INTP."
Judging an artist's character by the art he creates is the furthest thing from being a fool's errand.

I know that everything I produce has the essence of me all up in it, whether it be a drawing, an essay or a haiku. You cannot detach the artist from his or her art, nope, you just can't.

When I read Lao Tzu or Shakespeare I know I am reading work from what we would classify today as INFPs.

heart

heart on fire
Yeah, let's not judge the person by their works. Spinoza might have been INFP afterall. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Judging an artist's character by the art he creates is the furthest thing from being a fool's errand.

I know that everything I produce has the essence of me all up in it, whether it be a drawing, an essay or a haiku. You cannot detach the artist from his or her art, nope, you just can't.

When I read Lao Tzu or Shakespeare I know I am reading work from what we would classify today as INFPs.
It can be faked. That's all I need to say.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Fi cannot be faked.

The end.

-CC
The end, you say? Your Fi is getting the better of your perception, I think. You don't want it to be faked. That's not the same as it being impossible.

I could fake it all day if you like, but I wouldn't without good reason.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Isn't my asking you sweetly reason enough? :cry:
Nah. If I were to write a song write now, I would basically ignore everything but emotion to divine lyrics, and only after I'd written a lot down or sang it to myself would I start to organize it. You could call this organizing T, but if I slacked and left it stream of consciousness I could, quite simply, fake the work of an INFP artist.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You can imitate Fi. If it is useful for someone to perceive some Fi in you, you could act it out... but it will never be Fi.

heart

heart on fire
Nah. If I were to write a song write now, I would basically ignore everything but emotion to divine lyrics, and only after I'd written a lot down or sang it to myself would I start to organize it. You could call this organizing T, but if I slacked and left it stream of consciousness I could, quite simply, fake the work of an INFP artist.

Well, are you really faking then or are you listening to your unconscious? I often intetionally "forget" about certain things and then get an answer from seemingly nowhere. I don't think I'm faking that, I think it's unconscious thinking...but you can't do it on demand and therefore it doesn't equate that you'd do it often. I am not working on some major publication of Ti logic, lol.

And the logic that comes to me unconsciously, I can't explain! So it would seem vapid to another person if I put it to paper.

If a person's lyrics are consistantly Fi (and not just the odd song or two) it stands to reason that is their dom feeling function.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
One cannot FAKE sincerity!!!

One cannot fake insight or wisdom.

Fi is entirely lacking of pretension, it is what it is, and it accepts how it is, never trying to be what it is not.