• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
The point is they tried to bridge the gap by providing some form of logical reasoning. I'm not one to speak on others behalf but I'm guessing that is what Nocapszy and Jack Flaks issues are with you. Personally I tried my best to explain why I thought some of your explanations unnecessarily put Fi in some exceedingly positive light and Ti in a negative light. In fact you explicitly stated your frustration with Ti in one of those quotes, not to mention your constant distrust and bashing of it. As a matter of fact you implored people to try and linearly and logically describe Fi for those non Fi users. YOU ASKED for it personally, what more is there to say?

You do realize that a majority of the posters in this thread were Ti users and actually filled a decent amount of posts in this thread therefore contributing to trying to bring a linear logical explanation of what it is whether or not you appreciated it is irrelevant, because you specifically asked for it. If you read fine lines post he explicitly stated that they had an equal chance of being wrong and in trying to explain Fi you would have to view it in the light of other functions. If you look at most of the insightful posts they did use logically reasonable explanations to describe it. That was something I felt you failed to do, go ahead and quote for me your insightful posts on Fi.

Didums

Okay. Never let anyone make me mad. Never, as opposed to like once a month, which is how it is now. Got it.

You can get mad at something that someone said, but not at the person who said it, because then a frenzy of ad hominem, strawmen, etc, will occur. You let your anger get in the way of logical thinking, exactly what most thinkers themselves demonize. Of course its impossible to prevent yourself from getting mad, but you can prevent yourself from letting it govern your thought process.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hey, no fair! I didn't complain about all my insightful posts being left out of the attack thread on me!
I was explicitly confronting the things you wrote in those particular posts, which is entirely different from what Aimahn is doing.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You can get mad at something that someone said, but not at the person who said it, because then a frenzy of ad hominem, strawmen, etc, will occur. You let your anger get in the way of logical thinking, exactly what most thinkers themselves demonize. Of course its impossible to prevent yourself from getting mad, but you can prevent yourself from letting it govern your thought process.
Lol.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi cannot be faked.

The end.

-CC
Pi can be faked. I call it sham-pi.

What is Flak-boy doing in here anyway? He doesn't even believe in Fi, let alone understand it!?!

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, the OP wasn't about Fi verses Ti but apparently for *clears throat* some here it is. It's saying more about them than the Fi users.:cheese:

The point is because we lack Fi it is somewhat necessary to view it in more Ti like terms. Otherwise why would you start the thread and ask for it to be explained in a more linear logical fashion for OTHERS to understand it?

Seriously just answer me that.

Was this thread not to bring a bigger audience of people who understood Fi. Do you not always try and deliver your message to your audience, at least take them in account. If im not mistaken other personalities( with differing function preferences) are included in the audience so would it no make sense to try and tailor your message for them?

Maybe I am just insanely crazy and am reading to much into both implicit and explicit statements. Maybe I need to go back to 2nd grade and learn how to read but I'm pretty sure I read that in the OP.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Yes, the OP wasn't about Fi verses Ti but apparently for *clears throat* some here it is. It's saying more about them than the Fi users.:cheese:

Nah, the thread is not about personality types or functions.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You two should be embarrased..
You should be embarrassed by your utter lack of cooperation with true rationality.
You're an F anyway.
You've demonstrated that elsewhere.

For the last time -- and I mean it, this is the last time the forum will ever hear me say these words; from now on, everyone else is either going to have to figure it out, or have someone else tell them -- I don't have any interest in proving my points / sharing my knowledge to underlings such as yourself.

Typically I find that most people are good sports about my evasion of explanation. Those people almost invariably receive, upon request, a fully thorough and reasonable analysis on ____. On the other hand, you, The Poriferan and Bluedogma, among others, give such a miraculously entertaining show when fuddled by me that it's just plain irresistible. I can't help myself but attempt what you so inaccurately dubbed as 'proof by assertion.'

I assure you, as someone who has, and continues to trounce every intellectual, mechanical, or mathematical problem that ever has and ever does come my way, I can say with a great deal of security that I, by no means, apparent or otherwise, avert objectivity.
Keeping it to myself as retaliation against non-cooperation with the initial attempts to be rational is not, (and if you're really an NT you'll be able to accept this as quickly as you read it) proof of dearth in rationality.

In summary: I don't care that anything I say upsets you. I'm being altruistic in telling you you're wasting your time telling me.

heart

heart on fire
The point is because we lack Fi it is somewhat necessary to view it in more Ti like terms. Otherwise why would you start the thread and ask for it to be explained in a more linear logical fashion for OTHERS to understand it?

Seriously just answer me that.

I didn't start the thread. :cheese:

Didums

You should be embarrassed by your utter lack of cooperation with true rationality.
You're an F anyway.
You've demonstrated that elsewhere.

Yep, I must be an F, which makes me clearly wrong in all matters. I can't possibly think, thats what the Thinkers do, I just feel things, I walk around my house and look and hear and touch things and emotions ensue.

For the last time -- and I mean it, this is the last time the forum will ever hear me say these words; from now on, everyone else is either going to have to figure it out, or have someone else tell them -- I don't have any interest in proving my points / sharing my knowledge to underlings such as yourself.

Awesome, then nobody cares what you have to say. You can never contribute anything with this mindset.

Typically I find that most people are good sports about my evasion of explanation. Those people almost invariably receive, upon request, a fully thorough and reasonable analysis on ____. On the other hand, you, The Poriferan and Bluedogma, among others, give such a miraculously entertaining show when fuddled by me that it's just plain irresistible. I can't help myself but attempt what you so inaccurately dubbed as 'proof by assertion.'

Nothing worth responding to.. would be futile to try, no reason to waste my own time, that would be illogical.

I assure you, as someone who has, and continues to trounce every intellectual, mechanical, or mathematical problem that ever has and ever does come my way, I can say with a great deal of security that I, by no means, apparent or otherwise, avert objectivity. Keeping it to myself as retaliation against non-cooperation with the initial attempts to be rational is not, (and if you're really an NT you'll be able to accept this as quickly as you read it) proof of dearth in rationality.

Mmmmm, suck down that narcissism and hubris!

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I didn't start the thread. :cheese:

Lol thats not the point, the point is the thread explicitly stated that there was to be attempts made at coming to linear logical conclusions of what Fi is. Why is it then that Fi users get angered when it turns into a Fi v Ti thread when they(CC specifically) explicitly asked those with Ti to try their hand at explaining it. Furthermore I think Bluewing and CC served as the antithesis of each other retreating further and further into their preferred functions in order to get their "message" across effectively limiting and splitting their audience.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yep, I must be an F, which makes me clearly wrong in all matters.I can't possibly think, thats what the Thinkers do, I just feel things, I walk around my house and look and hear and touch things and emotions ensue.
This is exactly the kind of inductive idiocy I get so pissed about. You and CC both make this mistake.

Just because Feeling isn't rational, doesn't mean an F can't be rational. It means most of the time they're not, but still some of the time they can, and often are adroitly so, very rational.

Awesome, then nobody cares what you have to say. You can never contribute anything with this mindset.
Wrong.
You don't care what I have to say.
And y'know something chotch, you're almost alone.

Mmmmm, suck down that narcissism and hubris!
Again you make the mistake of thinking I care whether you approve of me.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nothing worth responding to.. would be futile to try, no reason to waste my own time, that would be illogical.

Well why the hell did you even write that then?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Show me where I "explicitly" asked those with Ti to explain Fi, please.

I feel frustrated because I have difficulty explaining the reasoning behind this Fi connection, other than saying, I dunno, so-in-so just *gets it*.

So, I implore you, somebody, (anybody), try to linearly and logically explain Fi, for I simply cannot, asking me to do so is like asking me to justify my, I don't know, my entire existence, I guess.

Hmmm would linear logic not be a strength of dominant T users, specifically Ti?

Not to mention earlier on you and heart asked, begged jack to explain Fi in Ti fashion. I will dig it up later but it's there for all to see.

As a matter of fact you even stated your inability to explain it in those terms and asked others who were more skilled to do it for you. The whole thread could basically be read as "me specifically as an Fi user cannot explain it in terms that any one else but an Fi user can understand, so will anyone with a skill or proficiency in linear logic please come to my rescue and try and explain it in that fashion so you know others can actually understand it"

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
*Skipped most of the pages*

For me, Fi is -My- logic. It is probably different from your logic, but it is still logical... to me. To you it is probably confounding. I cant explain it, its -me-, -my logic-, it makes me who I am. Some people may have very similar logic, but its like a fingerprint. Unique to everyone but NTs ( :devil: ) who have their 'English logic'

Ti is like the English language. It works for a lot of situations, but not everyone likes the English language or learns it. some people are fluent, some people never bothered to learn. Some people never even knew it existed until other people came. ( Grr I was having soooo much fun with MY logic that you NTs had to impose YOUR logic on me! :newwink:)

EDIT: Thats as logically as I could explain it.... with MY logic of course! :D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
*Skipped most of the pages*

For me, Fi is -My- logic. It is probably different from your logic, but it is still logical... to me. To you it is probably confounding. I cant explain it, its -me-, -my logic-, it makes me who I am. Some people may have very similar logic, but its like a fingerprint. Unique to everyone but NTs ( :devil: ) who have their 'English logic'

Ti is like the English language. It works for a lot of situations, but not everyone likes the English language or learns it. some people are fluent, some people never bothered to learn. Some people never even knew it existed until other people came. ( Grr I was having soooo much fun with MY logic that you NTs had to impose YOUR logic on me! :newwink:)

I'm not devaluing Fi in any way shape or form at ALL. What I was merely trying to say was since most people have encountered Ti logic it is pretty easily understood and learned. Most people however are not familiar with Fi logic so I thought it was necessary for their to be sort a bridge to help me and others understand it( a lot of other posters did a great job of that, by the way) But my original intent in bringing this up was to show that CC did in fact ask specifically for Ti logic and when some people tried to explain it in that manner she got frustrated as did others. The funny thing is most of the "insightful" posts that were referenced actually were very logically plausible unlike her own attempts.