User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 650

  1. #151
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You consistently make the case that "everyone uses Feeling," time and time again, yet still profess to be ENFP, thus differentiating yourself from myself and others.
    How these two things are compatible is beyond me.



    Yes, I do believe that EVERYBODY feels and has emotions, but I do not think that everybody processes these emotions and makes sense of them in the same way/fashion.

    My belief that everybody feels has nothing explicitly to do with MBTI theory, or my being an ENFP.

    Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.
    UM, NO!!!

    How about you provide some evidence to back up this ludicrous claim.

    I do not think that everyone is equally capable of doing everything, that is just ridiculous. I am a fierce individualist and believe that certain people are more predisposed and apt at being and doing certain things than others.

    So, what you appear to be saying, is that Feeling is always better, Thinking never is, no matter what. Do you not realize how idiotic and arrogant this is, and how you are yourself?
    I have never thought this nor proclaimed it.

    I do not think that Feelers are superior to Thinkers. Sorry, I just don't, nor have I EVER mentioned this.

    And, I know you will deny all of this, being put against the wall as you are, because I can read you like a brochure. Not a book, a brochure.
    Deny? Or actually logically prove how your claims are fallacious, and deeply offensive to boot.

    A brochure???

    Jack, I have kept it cool with you, rarely if ever resorting to personal attacks, but you are getting on my last nerve, and I am losing my respect for you.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Here's your evidence, ...What can I call you which isn't blatantly offensive? Nothing, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Thinkers dispute what's true, while Feelers sense/see/understand the truth.

    The end.

    -CC
    Furthermore, almost every argument you've ever made on this board has been equivalent to "NOOOO! The End--CC" Great strategy for long-term respect.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I'm going to watch a movie now, but anything you'd like to say, I'll completely destroy with full vigor at a later time. Good night, CC.

  4. #154
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm going to watch a movie now, but anything you'd like to say, I'll completely destroy with full vigor at a later time. Good night, CC.
    Jackie, at best, CC's claims seem like a vague apology for Feeling or Feelers, yet nowhere has she made an explicit statement that Feelers are just as good at everything that Thinkers do.

    You're reading things into her statements that were not there.

    You've got to keep searching.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Thinkers dispute what's true, while Feelers sense/see/understand the truth.

    The end.

    -CC
    This quotation you have cited does not support this charge of yours,


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.]
    She said that Feelers have a different approach clearly, yet nowhere do we see her stating that the approach of feelers is just as efficient.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Jack, cool down, read your posts, they are littered with logical fallacies. If you cannot see that, i'll gladly point them out to you.

  6. #156
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Here's your evidence, ...What can I call you which isn't blatantly offensive? Nothing, I guess.
    Way to NOT respond to most of the things I addressed in my previous post to you.

    As for that quote, you are misinterpreting it.

    We feelers are more prone to feel what we believe is true while you thinkers are more prone to dispute what is actually true.

    Does that make sense, pumpkin??

    Furthermore, almost every argument you've ever made on this board has been equivalent to "NOOOO! The End--CC" Great strategy for long-term respect.
    Okay, Jackie boy, whatever you say!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #157
    / nonsequitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    ? Why are we talking "logic" in an Fi thread?

    Funnily enough, it does prove the thread title... at least, from the INFP perspective.

  8. #158
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Ti bends Fe inwards and makes it seem like Fi. When this happens, such work of Fe is so similar to Fi that it becomes difficult to distinguish the two. Though a careful study of this typological phenomenon should enable you to.
    That's interesting. So you're saying that what I'm experiencing in those instances is not Fi, but rather Fe? I'll have to look into that.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #159
    Senior Member cloakofsnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFx
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    So what would a completely rational Thinking person fail to do?
    To take personal values into consideration -- likes & dislikes, emotional attachments & loyalties to people, animals, places, things.

    To notice fine shades of feelings and subjective evaluations of things. Feelings/evaluations tend to be black & white with an all or nothing quality. The palette of a Thinking type's feelings consists of elementary colours, unlike the highly subtle and diverse shades and tones of that of a Feeling type.

    The feelings of a Thinking type is "unreasonable".

  10. #160
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Way to NOT respond to most of the things I addressed in my previous post to you.

    As for that quote, you are misinterpreting it.

    We feelers are more prone to feel what we believe is true while you thinkers are more prone to dispute what is actually true.

    Does that make sense, pumpkin??


    Okay, Jackie boy, whatever you say!!!
    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.

    Your word choice is very flimsy and contradicting.

    What it basically amounts to is feelers have the courage of their convictions. meaning you have a strong belief in what you perceive to be "true," if you would pay attention to your quote and practice what you preach you would see that just having a strong belief in something does not necessarily make it true. The latter half of that quote is what thinkers strive to do, remove all doubt whether or not they actually have a belief in it. Basically they dispute regardless of whether not they feel strongly about something being true.

    I actually have to ask what you mean by actually true. That quote you have implicitly states that the truth does not need any subjectivity to be true and the hallmark of thinkers is their pursuit of objective truth, which by the way, is usually arrived at by removing subjectivity ( feelings or beliefs ) and striving towards objectivity ( truth regardless of beliefs )
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Similar Threads

  1. "It's only people's games you got to dodge" -Dylan
    By rfossr in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. A re-introduction even though it is said you only get one.
    By Serendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
  3. If you don't get, then you don't get it
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO