User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Feeling and thinking are inextricably intertwined mental processes. Every thought has a corresponding emotion, and every emotion has a corresponding thought.
    You consistently make the case that "everyone uses Feeling," time and time again, yet still profess to be ENFP, thus differentiating yourself from myself and others.

Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.

So, what you appear to be saying, is that Feeling is always better, Thinking never is, no matter what. Do you not realize how idiotic and arrogant this is, and how you are yourself?

And, I know you will deny all of this, being put against the wall as you are, because I can read you like a brochure. Not a book, a brochure.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    In order to be rational we must use our Thinking function properly. Feelers often fail to do this.
    So what would a completely rational Thinking person fail to do?
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Whenever I am in the throws of emotion (whichever ones they may be, I can't usually identify them by name) over an especially sublime natural scene, or work of art, I think I know exactly what Fi feels like. I can get so worked up over beauty that I feel, in the moment, that I am transcending everything in the world and tapping into some higher "plane" or energy source. Of course, this rarely lasts very long, but I love it when it happens.

And I'm not really sold on the function order stuff, either, because I am absolutely positive that I use Fi more than Fe, even though that's not how it's supposed to go for INTP's.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You consistently make the case that "everyone uses Feeling," time and time again, yet still profess to be ENFP, thus differentiating yourself from myself and others.

Yet you also consistently make the argument that Feelers are no worse at anything than Thinkers are.

So, what you appear to be saying, is that Feeling is always better, Thinking never is, no matter what. Do you not realize how idiotic and arrogant this is, and how you are yourself?

And, I know you will deny all of this, being put against the wall as you are, because I can read you like a brochure. Not a book, a brochure.
    Wow, just wow.

Yeah, wow.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Wow, just wow.

Yeah, wow.
    Ex-Fucking-Xactly. Go home.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Ex-Fucking-Xactly. Go home.
    Baby, I'm about to BRING IT ON!!!

So hold on to your hat.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Baby, I'm about to BRING IT ON!!!

So hold on to your hat.

You have nothing. Being as generous as I am, I'll tell you it's not worth it, and if you don't listen, you'll wish you would have.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

:rolli:

Feelers are not stupid, irrational beings, sorry hon, hate to burst your highly prejudiced bubble.

Feeling and thinking are inextricably intertwined mental processes. Every thought has a corresponding emotion, and every emotion has a corresponding thought.

Unless of course you are Mersault, in Camus' The Stranger.
    Of course everyone both thinks and Feels. However, all of us either think more than feel, or feel more than think. Whichever we do less, we are less skilled with.

Therefore those who feel less than think are less skilled with thinking. Lack of thinking skills basically equates to irrationality.

There is merit to your claim however, all Feelers have some thinking skills because they use Thinking at least some of the time, however, in most cases they do not have enough skills to be rational consistently.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    And I'm not really sold on the function order stuff, either, because I am absolutely positive that I use Fi more than Fe, even though that's not how it's supposed to go for INTP's.
    I think the arrangement of Fi over Fe is one that is common amongst INTPs especially recently with the greater ease of pursuing a more reserved and independent lifestyle nowadays. Just being on this board or on the internet frequently is a good way to tap into your Fi because you don't have to navigate through the masses IRL to relate with others. You have more reason and ability to self reflect on your thoughts and emotions.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Whenever I am in the throws of emotion (whichever ones they may be, I can't usually identify them by name) over an especially sublime natural scene, or work of art, I think I know exactly what Fi feels like. I can get so worked up over beauty that I feel, in the moment, that I am transcending everything in the world and tapping into some higher "plane" or energy source. Of course, this rarely lasts very long, but I love it when it happens.

Ti bends Fe inwards and makes it seem like Fi. When this happens, such work of Fe is so similar to Fi that it becomes difficult to distinguish the two. Though a careful study of this typological phenomenon should enable you to.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/