User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: rrrrr

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    See when you say understand I get a T vibe from that, the self reflectiveness, the use of the word significance, the finality of understanding, the constant use of the word understand. It all seems like you place to much precedence on analyzing your emotions. It sounds like an unwillingness to admit that they are a strong part of you till you come to a conclusion on them.
    Its that they wont stop until there is clearance, same as anything else.

So, if you have another explination, I would be happy to hear.

I am really open to other explinations rather than my own.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    To be fair, she's not always like that. She's capable of expressing herself clearly.
    When the intoxicating fumes from under the sink wear off?

/i keed

ThatGirl

Where is yogolo's post about info intake and intelligance when you need it.

Not everything is only one thing

Someone keep up

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

So, if you have another explination, I would be happy to hear.

I am really open to other explinations rather than my own.
    See the constant need for clearance and finality is sort of an indication of you T'ing things to much. Just like you notice with some sensors they don't relish the ambiguity or uncertainty of things like NTs do they need some sort of certainty and closure.

I think the same could be said of T's and emotions, just the fact that your not comfortable with rolling with them and leaving them as is and coming to conclusions on the fly. I've always loved abstract things and find my self constantly not trying to come to closure on them like theres no need to, just adjust on the fly. With strong feelers I'm sure you would get a similar sentiment, like the enjoyment or sense of living comes from that constant uncertainty or ambiguity.

This constant talk of clearance just screams finality and uncertainty till you get to that point. Its the mark of over intellectualizing your feelings like they have to go through some convoluted process each time in order to have any "significance." Give me an abstract situation and I'm extremely comfortable with coming up with opinions and tentative solutions on the fly. Sensors on the other hand don't thrive on the same level though and it is why they need more bite size "finalized" segments to attack the abstract.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

heart on fire

The problem is that there are times no closure is available, the other person simply won't provide it. It is maddening. Time should lessen the feeling though. From what I recall he broke contact with very little explaination, correct?

Sometimes there is no valid, logical reason. Humans just do things. It can be maddening.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The problem is that there are times no closure is available, the other person simply won't provide it. It is maddening. Time should lessen the feeling though. From what I recall he broke contact with very little explaination, correct?

Sometimes there is no valid, logical reason. Humans just do things. It can be maddening.
    Exhibit A. Comfortable with the lack of closure, in fact it is probably more significant that she realized there won't be closure in situations. Just go an tentatively come up with a demographic split in the philosophy subforums. I would assume the population is heavily skewed towards N's and NT's at that. Heck, even I am not truly comfortable with some of the esoteric abstract discussions that have little relevance and no proven closure on issues.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    See the constant need for clearance and finality is sort of an indication of you T'ing things to much. Just like you notice with some sensors they don't relish the ambiguity or uncertainty of things like NTs do they need some sort of certainty and closure.

I think the same could be said of T's and emotions, just the fact that your not comfortable with rolling with them and leaving them as is and coming to conclusions on the fly. I've always loved abstract things and find my self constantly not trying to come to closure on them like theres no need to, just adjust on the fly. With strong feelers I'm sure you would get a similar sentiment, like the enjoyment or sense of living comes from that constant uncertainty or ambiguity.

This constant talk of clearance just screams finality and uncertainty till you get to that point. Its the mark of over intellectualizing your feelings like they have to go through some convoluted process each time in order to have any "significance." Give me an abstract situation and I'm extremely comfortable with coming up with opinions and tentative solutions on the fly. Sensors on the other hand don't thrive on the same level though and it is why they need more bite size "finalized" segments to attack the abstract.

Sometimes it is just too open. The brain I mean,

I cant sit down with something and just prod though it because its too broad. Over intelectualizing is an understatement. That finality I seek, I get a lot, it is unquestionable certainty.

Instead of thinking this .

think this () times infinity

Everything no matter how stupid or small becomes huge through connection and possibility.

I can get overwhelmed at times

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Everything no matter how stupid or small becomes huge through connection and possibility.
    I get this. But it doesn't stress me out.

MBTI
    INTP

Sometimes it is just too open. The brain I mean,

I cant sit down with something and just prod though it because its too broad. Over intelectualizing is an understatement. That finality I seek, I get a lot, it is unquestionable certainty.

Instead of thinking this .

think this () times infinity

I can get overwhelmed at times
    Yes and you need to sift through it because your not comfortable with such abstractions like feelers are. I'm sure you have come across some intelligent sensors and have figured out that their methods of coming to conclusions are significantly different from yours.

They absolutely need to break it down into more palatable pieces before they proceed and surely have similar frustrations to yours with "feelings." in there situation(logical abstraction) it probably seems like there is a massive amount of interrelated information that they have to tackle and they cannot fluidly and rapidly decipher it enough to be comfortable with making quick decisions.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I get this. But it doesn't stress me out.
    X2 on general intellectual things. My emotions on the other hand stress me out more so because of this.