User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    no why?
    Hrm.

Exercising tact is a cooperative balance between being honest and being kind. It is half art, half science, and 100% appreciated. If the INFJ knows you are being tactfully direct, they will be grateful, understanding, and maybe even admiring.

In your desire to be amiable, do not fail to be truthful; because unlike the possibility of injury with transparency, opacity will guarantee one.

Buena suerte.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Hrm.

Exercising tact is a cooperative balance between being honest and being kind. It is half art, half science, and 100% appreciated. If the INFJ knows you are being tactfully direct, they will be grateful, understanding, and maybe even admiring.

In your desire to be amiable, do not fail to be truthful; because unlike the possibility of injury with transparency, opacity will guarantee one.

Buena suerte.
    Amen to that
    I haven't been in a lot of relationships myself [count them: one and...one-half ] however in a general sense, life is confusing enough for us INFJs as it is. Direct honesty, done tactfully, would be your best bet. It's better for this INFJ to understand things from all aspects- your point of view and their own. If you're willing to be so open perhaps you will get feedback as well. Not a given, but a possibility. Discussing it may be better than wondering and winging it and having a disaster later on down the road. If this INFJ is important to you, let them know it and be sure to point out that you're doing this to avoid any possible future misconceptions.

Good luck...hopefully it goes well for you and the rest will fall into place.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    ENFP

Ok, I have to be tactful just in case the person visits here (Unlikely but welcome to my world of paranoia) Ok the situation is that I really truly just like this guy as a friend and no nothing 'will evolve' because it really isn't like that between us (issue of sexuality and serious lack of sexual chemistry would get in the way lol) But I really feel like this person is a soul mate to me... Such a nice person who tells me stuff I don't want to hear, not in a sugar coated way and still gets away with it some how lolol I love INFJs in the way they can just drop a real bomb with a smile on their face and would be really honestly shocked if it hurt your feelings. I get the sense that you couldn't do it back though lol. But anyway yea I take your advice on board I need to be firm about my need for time to do other things with other people and highlight the fact that I don't really spend time with people proportional to how much I like them so if I don't see my INFJ for a while it doesn't mean they are not number one. UMMMMM Me mastering the art and science of straight talking with some amount of tact ohhh this should be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Just have a conversation and be honest. It might hurt for a second, but the INFJ will likely prefer to know exactly how you're feeling. Most INFJs I've known are obsessed with fixing problems in relationships.
    This is correct.

99% of the time, my ENFP sister manages to "break" things to me in an effective way. Trust your ability to naturally do this as an ENFP in the presence of an INFJ who likes you a lot already.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious