• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are all NFs masochists?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well? Are you?

NFs have historically been complainers.
It's not so bad -- really, it isn't. Complaint comes from frustration with current status. Frustration with current status comes from vision for improvement. But at the same rate, they are notoriously horrible at solving the problems effectively. This is why they choose to complain rather than act.

Or if not, they'll torture themselves by continuing to develop, and simultaneously attach themselves to their vision.
So then they must complain more.

But they won't sit down and do the work.
Or so it seems.

Perhaps the NFs just like to suffer under their oppressive vision and circumstances.

After a while, people become frustrated by the NF's complaints, and begin to wonder about the NF's purpose.
"Is this person a fiend? Do they complain so much as an attempt to manipulate me?"
And then the NF gets a reputation for being manipulative.
And the people alienate themselves.

Their circumstances have now gotten worse.
So they will complain more.

They saw it coming, and did nothing about it.
It really appears as though they thrive on pain.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe - i just think its an immature NF that does this.
as such, the immature versions of SP/SJ/NT will have another symptom for the same disease
unhealthy personality.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure she was talkin' to Nocaps coz everyone knows you're not "smarter than this." lol j/k

i know
i was being an ass with ":huh:;)" to say " huh, he's smarter than this ? "
and the wink was to denote my sarcasim

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
stereotyping at its FAILest

Or so it seems.

^those are about the only points I agree on, and only the 2nd point if the work required is menial repetitive and boring

maybe - i just think its an immature NF that does this.
as such, the immature versions of SP/SJ/NT will have another symptom for the same disease
unhealthy personality.

Possibly this. I can see a confused mistreated immature NF suffering from the symptoms of the OP.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
MBTIc is starting to smell like generalities. o god no hes right im complaining and not acting lol.

B

ByMySword

The issue of complaining and not doing anything about it seems like something that has to do with J and P and not necessarily all NFs.

Let it be known that I don't just complain. I get shit done. :nice:

I've even been known to complain WHILE getting shit done. ;)

Thats right people. This INFJ can multi-task. lol

Atomic Fiend

Keep%20on%20Trollin.jpg

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well? Are you?

It's not so bad -- really, it isn't. Complaint comes from frustration with current status. Frustration with current status comes from vision for improvement. But at the same rate, they are notoriously horrible at solving the problems effectively. This is why they choose to complain rather than act.

What statistical data do you base this upon?

Or if not, they'll torture themselves by continuing to develop, and simultaneously attach themselves to their vision.
So then they must complain more.

Or so it seems.

Lack of discipline isn't a type problem.

However... sometimes the grand vision seems so huge and impracticable that NFs can be drawn up short. I can speak for myself - I do this frequently, imagine something so beautiful and stainless that I immediately become frustrated with the idea of birthing it. How can I make this live? How can I make this the salvation I see so clearly in my mind? Where do I even begin?

Perhaps the NFs just like to suffer under their oppressive vision and circumstances.

Constant visions of near tangible quality amidst a world like ours? Yes, I'd call that oppressive.

After a while, people become frustrated by the NF's complaints, and begin to wonder about the NF's purpose.
"Is this person a fiend? Do they complain so much as an attempt to manipulate me?"

Overlaying an NT nightmare on my reverie?

And then the NF gets a reputation for being manipulative.

Amidst the tossing NT sleepers.

As to thriving on pain, we must thrive on that, perhaps, since thriving on love is impossible in a world that would rather crush and kill. How little one would be strengthened, how anemic if they lasted only for love. Pain and love aren't so very far apart in many aspects.

I don't thrive on pain - but I do thrive on the idea of destroying it, overmastering it, driving it out. You might call that it's own obsession.

MBTI Type
INxJ
They endure situations they don't care for, far longer than any NT I know.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I personally am a sadist. But I can endure a lot... So yeah.