First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I dated an INFJ years ago - the only guy I've ever been in love with. I loved that we didn't have to talk in order to be on the same page, like scary telepathy. But, he was moody - actually, every NFJ I know is moody - and his feelings, though internalized, really seemed to take him over, like he just couldn't handle them sometimes. It was driving my Fi up the wall. I have to say though, the chemistry was insane.

I wonder if INFP's have the advantage over us ENFP's in the sense that they are more their own island, and can retreat within themselves when someone is moody or difficult. ?
    no - it depends on the partner/circumstance/health of the INFP
    I N V I C T U S

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    On the boards I seem to clash with female INFJ more often than not (Except TJ). But the masculine male INFJ are easier to get along with. Not sure why this is, just is.
    I have similar clashing with female INFJs. Never sure why, the whole different functions thing probably. Find them a little moody and introverted, which sometimes comes off as completely cold or dismissive. Though I find the male INFJs are more laid back. Maybe it's a socially learnt difference. Or the way we both behave when there's chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Forget about type... similar principles and values are way more important.
    True. However, type may be pre-defined by some of the values (pretty much). Then one can complain, knowing that this type is very rare, that to meet all the other criteria becomes nearly impossible.

I want to note also how different are INFJs with regard to gender and relationships. Another person usually divides INFJs into male and female - one of the gender groups gets along well with them, and the other - doesn't.

Besides, there's the issue of aging - seems to be critical when we discuss INFJs. Younger INFJs are much more "bitchy", aggressive and intolerant at times. Getting older, they slowly change that. The same drive is still with them, but they put it in a more refined form, as an educated social revolt in a form of teaching of its own.

MBTI
    XNFJ

One of my 3 best friends is an INFP. We get along really well in small doses, but the few times that we've gone to conferences or on extended visits with each other, her tendency to not want to make plans starts to wear on me, and both of us are fairly guarded with our emotions (easily hurt) so that can be hard. But we love to hang out at the same places - bookstores, movies, etc. - and we connect on a deep level when we aren't guarding. We talk about things freely that I would never share with most people. She gets me on a deeper emotional level than most people. My other BFs are ESTJ and 2 INTJs, and they listen, but they don't share the emotions and empathy with me in the same way, if that makes sense.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't think I've meet any female INFP's (maybe at a renaissance festival) but the two I know at work I consider good friends. I easily joke around with them in very childish ways. They both have musical expertise in certain genres which is fascinating. At times they can be moody at unforseen times which catch me by surprise but nothing to get to get in a tiff over, other than that I have no problem getting along with them and enjoy them in general.
    "A well-spent day brings happy sleep." Leonardo da Vinci

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I find the consistent application of type stereotype fascinating, prevalent in this thread as in many others. Many of you may recall I am married to an ESTJ - you would think that makes him (by type default) the organizer, the bill-payer, the disciplinarian. But - not true! He does do the dishes though, and the laundry, so I am not complaining!

Honestly, I think some people see a distant disorganized dreamer and slap an INFP label on them when it's not warranted. I will now cease proselytizing in this thread, but people, give your head a shake and realize that type is generalities only!

Now, in the spirit of answering the OP, any people I have believed to be INFJ in my life are good friends, including one very good one. I get along with them just fine, and generally hold them in high regard. We share a closeness that you don't always find in other people.

I don't really think INFJ's are all that rare ... but maybe it's the circles I hang in.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The pattern in my life that I noticed (as a male with female INFJs) is that to make an INFJ helplessly attracted to you, you have to really stimulate their Se.
    Can you elaborate on this?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Check out the Arthouse then get back to us
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by rank View Post
    True. However, type may be pre-defined by some of the values (pretty much). Then one can complain, knowing that this type is very rare, that to meet all the other criteria becomes nearly impossible.

I want to note also how different are INFJs with regard to gender and relationships. Another person usually divides INFJs into male and female - one of the gender groups gets along well with them, and the other - doesn't.

Besides, there's the issue of aging - seems to be critical when we discuss INFJs. Younger INFJs are much more "bitchy", aggressive and intolerant at times. Getting older, they slowly change that. The same drive is still with them, but they put it in a more refined form, as an educated social revolt in a form of teaching of its own.
    Agree with both your comments about gender and age/maturity. However you see pretty much the same pattern across all types. I'm not sure if knowing a person's type help much.

Not sure what you meant by "all the other criteria" when it comes to INFJ values. Sure we're suppose to be one of the few rarer types, but there's still a fair number of us around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Drag an INFJ female off to do something different and fun. Take her out hiking, fishing, skydiving (if you can manage that one). Have a fun time without any expectations. Make it a surprise outing if you wish. But that's only after the INFJ is attracted to you.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

udog, i'd like to hear more of what you were getting at as well. you may be on to something.