User Tag List

First 12345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    ...there might be a lack of communication ...
    Why?

Positive: Never been better (NOT perfectly of course) understood with so much patience and appreciation.

Negative: As the lone J, definitely feel put upon "to make the call" on life's decisions.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    any type can work with any type.
    Blech. If you don't think compatibility and type are related then choose another topic.

I'm very nearly an INFP and I've been dating an INFJ for over a year. It works out pretty well for us. In our relationship I'm the moody one, however, which seems to be different from some of you. Getting my INFJ to emotionally communicate openly has been the biggest trial, and keeping my mood stable has been a big one as well.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

MBTI
    INFJ

I have an INFP roommate and we get along wonderfully. The lack of structure is frustrating at times, but really only when it interferes with my own structure. She the more outgoing of the two of us and likes to challenge people's comfort zones, which for some reason I really like about her. She isn't fake, a quality I value highly.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by batumi View Post
    I have trouble with INFPs. To me they lack ambition and are too "P".
    I worry that I could run right over them and not even know it.

I lean toward INTJ though so maybe that is why.

Lack ambition? gah i feel like i have to much of it!
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." ~Andre Gide

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I think my worst attribute is that I'm still easily side tracked...

Who is able to handle that?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've always been drawn to INFJs, but I've never been quite able to make it click. There is connection, and attraction, but as Eileen said, never any real fire. If it ever does click, it will be incredible... but I won't hold my breath.

The pattern in my life that I noticed (as a male with female INFJs) is that to make an INFJ helplessly attracted to you, you have to really stimulate their Se.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Positive: Never been better (NOT perfectly of course) understood with so much patience and appreciation.

Negative: As the lone J, definitely feel put upon "to make the call" on life's decisions.
    This doesn't bear true in my relationship. He takes a lot longer to come a to decision than I do (procrastinates like crazy), it is just that once he's made a decision he wants it set in stone and I'll allow more flexing after coming to a decision. He also needs external motivation to do chores and such, he relies on me a lot of the time to provide it. That can be a little draining. I'm the one who ends up filing taxes and paying bills and things like that.

^ was edited to better explain. (lol, nothing's ever totally finished!)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This doesn't bear true in my relationship. Many times my Te is the only thing that gets anything done around here.
    right again, heart
    let us not forget that Fi is the judging function
    and Ni is the perciever
    I N V I C T U S

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I dated an INFJ years ago - the only guy I've ever been in love with. I loved that we didn't have to talk in order to be on the same page, like scary telepathy. But, he was moody - actually, every NFJ I know is moody - and his feelings, though internalized, really seemed to take him over, like he just couldn't handle them sometimes. It was driving my Fi up the wall. I have to say though, the chemistry was insane.

I wonder if INFP's have the advantage over us ENFP's in the sense that they are more their own island, and can retreat within themselves when someone is moody or difficult. ?