User Tag List

123 Last

beyondaurora

Smile INFJ's, is this you?

Hello. I have just had a true "Eureka!" moment. With all appreciation to those who recently helped me determine my type, I have not felt comfortable with my type description at all.

I was browsing INFJ or INFP? a closer look and read this:

"INFJs, on the other hand, are drawn to categorizing. They display a knack for systematizing and can do it quickly. They typically define terms, or ask others to define theirs. They expend a great deal of effort finding precisely the right word to express what they want to say, sometimes rewriting emails many times over until they are succinct, hopefully pithy, and all the words seem exactly right (like not saying "invoke" when you mean "evoke" or "conscience" when you really mean "conscious" or "wretch" when you mean "retch"). They often behave like English teachers, and frequently get asked to proofread others' writing for errors. They can be highly sensitive to misspellings or it's/its mistakes on public signage. They strive for clarity and precision, and often contribute these gifts to a conversation. They attempt to articulate things unspoken, and name aloud any problem or peculiar dynamic. They may enjoy methods of organizing, such as the systematic "Color Me Beautiful" approach to fashion-dressing, or database designing, and of course, Personality Types. Some of them are professional organizers or financial planners thanks to their tertiary. It is the INFJ who will relentlessly re-take a personality test to grasp the categories better in order to figure out which category they really belong to, and become irritated if the results change each time. The INFJ cares more than the INFP does about people being "mis-filed" with the wrong type code, and I know an INFJ who got disgusted when her Step II inaccurately reported her as an INTJ. They are unwilling to settle for INFx (I confess: that designation makes me crazy). These are common ways that Ti will manifest in the INFJ type code."

I literally shrieked when I read this! THIS is me! All the way up to the "Color Me Beautiful" reference.

But before I get too excited, please tell me, INFJ's...does this ring true for you? Feel free to check the link above for greater context.

Thanks!

MBTI
    INFx

I'm a lot like this, particularly about finding the perfect words to express myself, and writing and re-writing my emails. I don't know whether I'm really an INFJ or INFP though, and have no problems settling with INFx.

Probably not a very helpful answer, LOL.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    I'm a lot like this, particularly about finding the perfect words to express myself, and writing and re-writing my emails. I don't know whether I'm really an INFJ or INFP though, and have no problems settling with INFx.

Probably not a very helpful answer, LOL.

I used to drive my ex-husband nuts because I'd take an hour to send a 4-line email! It's hard for me to just type something and send it off. Hitting the "send" button is like deploying a nuclear bomb!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post

I used to drive my ex-husband nuts because I'd take an hour to send a 4-line email! It's hard for me to just type something and send it off. Hitting the "send" button is like deploying a nuclear bomb!
    You said it.

But yes, I suppose your OP does ring true for me in places. Though it just looks like the explanation of Ti in INFJs rather than INFJs as a whole package. I do like that website though. I may go back and reread it sometime as the information was interesting. (And it seems Ti in INFJs looks a lot like "librarianism"...which might be why we seem to be called that a lot.)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    (And it seems Ti in INFJs looks a lot like "librarianism"...which might be why we seem to be called that a lot.)

I get called that a lot! I guess it's partly because I'm a bookworm and partly because I wear little round spectacles . I've also been accused before of being a word nazi. It didn't occur to me that this is related to INFJ, though.

MBTI
    INFJ

They can be highly sensitive to misspellings or it's/its mistakes on public signage. They strive for clarity and precision, and often contribute these gifts to a conversation. They attempt to articulate things unspoken, and name aloud any problem or peculiar dynamic.
    I have to disagree with some of this. The thing about me is that I'm a lot better at writing things down than I am at saying them. It takes me a long time some times to articulate my thoughts, and I can do that pretty well if I can sit in a comfy chair and sort the ideas out into words.

When it comes to actual conversation, though, that doesn't hold up. I pause a lot, talk slow, make a lot of "ums" and "uhs" while I'm trying to find the right words, and sometimes flat out don't bother trying to say something because I know it won't come out right (which happens a lot, and it pisses me off more each time I have to settle for doing it).

Whenever it comes to talking to other people, I have a constant desire to open up but I don't have a clue how to do it because my mind is so hard to describe in words. I've learned that it's better to shut up about everything because, quite frankly, no one's ever gonna understand what the hell I try to talk about. I've grown tired of the "WTF" stares I get all the time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

That whole thing applies to me except for the color me beautiful reference which I don't get.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Though it just looks like the explanation of Ti in INFJs rather than INFJs as a whole package.

You're absolutely right. It's a depiction of tertiary Ti in INFJ's. So I suppose this could be very true for ISFJ's as well...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

This seems more like INFJ Enneagram 3, where the driving force is to succeed. I on the other hand am E7 where the driving force is optimism. While I loosely use a few systems to keep from descending into chaos I never reach perfection in them and usually in fact am unwilling to take enough time to implement them thoroughly.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I have to disagree with some of this. The thing about me is that I'm a lot better at writing things down than I am at saying them. It takes me a long time some times to articulate my thoughts, and I can do that pretty well if I can sit in a comfy chair and sort the ideas out into words.

When it comes to actual conversation, though, that doesn't hold up. I pause a lot, talk slow, make a lot of "ums" and "uhs" while I'm trying to find the right words, and sometimes flat out don't bother trying to say something because I know it won't come out right (which happens a lot, and it pisses me off more each time I have to settle for doing it).

Whenever it comes to talking to other people, I have a constant desire to open up but I don't have a clue how to do it because my mind is so hard to describe in words. I've learned that it's better to shut up about everything because, quite frankly, no one's ever gonna understand what the hell I try to talk about. I've grown tired of the "WTF" stares I get all the time.
    AGREED. I blank out so much when it comes to speaking, and can never find the right word to describe something. I feel much more comfortable writing, when I'm not pressured for quick replies or fearing an interruption. But I do spend FOREVER writing emails and spell checking (also often asked to proof read stuff even by much older folk than me), as well as condensing my work into as short a message as humanely possible.

And yep re-read profiles and taken stacks of tests and have been P.O.'d by the lack of consistency.

Other than that, I can't relate to much else to beyondaurora's post.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)