User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    :

"INFJs, on the other hand, are drawn to categorizing. They display a knack for systematizing and can do it quickly. They typically define terms, or ask others to define theirs. They expend a great deal of effort finding precisely the right word to express what they want to say, sometimes rewriting emails many times over until they are succinct, hopefully pithy, and all the words seem exactly right (like not saying "invoke" when you mean "evoke" or "conscience" when you really mean "conscious" or "wretch" when you mean "retch"). They often behave like English teachers, and frequently get asked to proofread others' writing for errors. They can be highly sensitive to misspellings or it's/its mistakes on public signage. They strive for clarity and precision, and often contribute these gifts to a conversation. They attempt to articulate things unspoken, and name aloud any problem or peculiar dynamic. They may enjoy methods of organizing, such as the systematic "Color Me Beautiful" approach to fashion-dressing, or database designing, and of course, Personality Types. Some of them are professional organizers or financial planners thanks to their tertiary. It is the INFJ who will relentlessly re-take a personality test to grasp the categories better in order to figure out which category they really belong to, and become irritated if the results change each time. The INFJ cares more than the INFP does about people being "mis-filed" with the wrong type code, and I know an INFJ who got disgusted when her Step II inaccurately reported her as an INTJ. They are unwilling to settle for INFx (I confess: that designation makes me crazy). These are common ways that Ti will manifest in the INFJ type code."

Very much so, but I slack in the proofreading occasionally (however I am the queen of finding spelling errors in writing other than mine). I also categorize people - friends from college, friends from work, etc. I tend to introduce people that way as well..."Hey, this is Mary, my friend from work."

MBTI
    INFJ

I tend to spend a great deal of time making lists and planning for the future, and far less time actually following through on those ideas. I do like placing things in categories. For instance, I have all of the music on my computer categorized by genre.
    There are miles to go before I sleep...

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Holy cow... I continuously had my doubts about being an INFJ, however, reading this-- oh yes, this is SO true for me!

I've retaken the type test several times, convinced I've been typed wrong. Any test that categorizes me as one thing, I have to retake in order to be completely certain- especially if I'm unsatisfied with the results. The irritation with misspellings is true, so is being asked to check over papers for errors. In High School...I lost count of how many times I had been asked to do such a thing. English was my best subject...

In any case, oh yes. Yes. Definitely yes.
    I'm very happy I came across this thread... <--- see?
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Each person is like every other person of their type and like no other person of their type...

I can't spot a typo or financial error to save my life without careful techniques (like proofreading at 3 am when I'm too tired for my Ni to start playing with the ideas again...).

But...I can edit for structure, flow, audience reaction, omissions, etc.

Some INFJs correlate more strongly with Conventional on the Strong INterest INventory and some with Artistic. The latter describes me.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Penda View Post
    I tend to spend a great deal of time making lists and planning for the future, and far less time actually following through on those ideas. I do like placing things in categories. For instance, I have all of the music on my computer categorized by genre.
    I almost gave up with making future plans because I'm so unlikely to follow through with them.

My music is done by genres, too, if I can help it...and alphabetized..as is my anime collection. [my books used to be, however, after moving so many times, I just said screw it and kept at least book series together rather than go by genre and series ]

What do these numbers mean [when I see something like 3w2 or 5w4 in signatures and such?] and how does one find out what they are?
    4w5

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    What do these numbers mean [when I see something like 3w2 or 5w4 in signatures and such?] and how does one find out what they are?
    It's a reference to the Enneagram, another personality typing system.

You can take an unofficial, online version of the test here (among other places):

Advanced Enneagram Personality Test

3w2 = enneagram type 3 with a 2 "wing" (wing = dominant sub-type)

5w4 = enneagram type 5 with a 4 wing

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    It's a reference to the Enneagram, another personality typing system.

You can take an unofficial, online version of the test here (among other places):

Advanced Enneagram Personality Test

3w2 = enneagram type 3 with a 2 "wing" (wing = dominant sub-type)

5w4 = enneagram type 5 with a 4 wing
    Thanks for that-- I think I should take that test and find out what I've got [....that made me seem as though I've got some kind of disease... ]
    4w5

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes. I am always praised by teachers and others about how clear and precise my writing is. However, I do admit that sometimes it takes longer for me to write something than it should. I have spent lots of time on this forum in the past carefully writing posts and whatnot, which can be pretty time-consuming after a while. If I am going to write it, I insist on writing it well.

I have always assumed that it came from Ti as well. I start off by assuming my audience knows nothing about the topic I am writing on, and then go from there.

My verbal communication is not bad at all, but I find that I get all the points I want to get across more easily if given time to write it in an e-mail rather than talking about it in a conversation.

I'm also the #1 person to go to for proofreading. Whether that's a bad or good thing is left up to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    ENFJs do that too
    I feel compelled to argue that ENFJ's are better at verbal communication (though not bad at written; just better at verbal).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Thank you, and I fully agree with you. One example I'll give is how INFPs supposedly are more likely to be diagnosed as ADD, but INFJs never are. Well I'm clearly an example of the opposite, and a few other INFJs here have mentioned being diagnosed as well.

It's not hard to imagine really, when you consult much of the literature on both ADD and INFJs.
    I have ADD. I am INFJ.

I have the inattentive type, which is what they called it back when I was diagnosed. I don't know what they call it now. I think all but 1 of my close friends didn't have it.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    This seems more like INFJ Enneagram 3, where the driving force is to succeed. I on the other hand am E7 where the driving force is optimism. While I loosely use a few systems to keep from descending into chaos I never reach perfection in them and usually in fact am unwilling to take enough time to implement them thoroughly.
    I definitely have this in common with you. For example, the bit on some INFJs being financial planners or professional organizers. I see some (emphasis on some) evidence of this in my life, traces of it. I could never commit to being either of those professionally speaking. Nor would I want to. There seems to be things more worthy of my time and energy.
    I wonder if I understood you correctly.