User Tag List

First 123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I wish there were more type relationship dynamics available online. With gender variations, also.
    Imo the best:

Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types

Problem: introverted types may or may not correlate between socionics and "everything else."

I'm an INTP. I have an interesting little interaction with an ENFP at the moment. It can produce such an intense connection that I can't even begin to explain. I'm currently trying to figure it all out myself. I would love to have some sort of insight into the mind of an ENFP male...

but to answer your question, NFP is so intensely different than the NTs i've dated. there just seems to be a level of depth there. It's intoxicating.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstellacat View Post
    I would love to have some sort of insight into the mind of an ENFP male...

Lol, not to derail the topic, but just to let you know, ENFP's love nothing more than talking if they feel safe with you. Just make the person trust you, and you will have their inner most thoughts and feelings. The catch is the person really has to feel that they trust you with everything. I have yet to meet anyone that I have shared my most inner most thoughts and feelings with.

Lol, despite this, you can get 98% of my thoughts, by just being a good friend . It's those 2% are really personal, and I am not sure what I really think about them.

Now this may be specific to me, but if you want any advice on general trends, there is a bunch of us ENFP males, and we would be more than willing to answer anything (feel free to start a thread).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Imo the best:

Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types

Problem: introverted types may or may not correlate between socionics and "everything else."
    ESFP?
    Nut. You're crazy.
    ESFPs are fling material.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    T women can be feminine. They are not all manly, as you seem to fear. I don't think you will have a problem. There's a lot more to a person than their MBTI.
    I agree. It's all about finding the right individual. I consider myself quite feminine too, btw.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ESFP?
    Nut. You're crazy.
    ESFPs are fling material.
    I believe I've read (and I could be wrong, it was like 7 years ago) that they did real studies of couples based on their types, and found that the duals are more likely to have satisfying long-term relationships than anything else. I fully believe it, because while I may not have my heart and soul ripped out by an ESFP, I can't seem to get into huge disagreements with them, no matter how hard I try. All things being equal I'd probably rather fall for an ENFx if you're talking about impact, but there could be some huge value disagreement down the road to screw the whole deal up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I believe I've read (and I could be wrong, it was like 7 years ago) that they did real studies of couples based on their types, and found that the duals are more likely to have satisfying long-term relationships than anything else. I fully believe it, because while I may not have my heart and soul ripped out by an ESFP, I can't seem to get into huge disagreements with them, no matter how hard I try. All things being equal I'd probably rather fall for an ENFx if you're talking about impact, but there could be some huge value disagreement down the road to screw the whole deal up.
    If an ESFP is the best I can do, I'm gonna give up now.
    I had me some of those apples. *shudder*

Studies shmudies. I could give examples of three different studies which all "reveal" different things about compatibility.

Anecdotes - blah.

Theories, man. Where are your theories?

Impact? Perhaps, but not important.
    Communication, fascination, identification, admiration, understanding, growth.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Theories, man. Where are your theories?
    Well...The studies may be distorted due to there being more male INTPs and more female ESFPs. We're different, you know, men and women, and you aren't the first INTP female to have a general distaste for ESFPs.

It seems women prioritize intelligence in mates more than men do, for example. Not that ESFPs aren't intelligent, but if you start comparing NTs against them you might find a little difference.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Well...The studies may be distorted due to there being more male INTPs and more female ESFPs. We're different, you know, men and women, and you aren't the first INTP female to have a general distaste for ESFPs.

It seems women prioritize intelligence in mates more than men do, for example. Not that ESFPs aren't intelligent, but if you start comparing NTs against them you might find a little difference.

Get over yourself. :P

I'm not talking about intelligence. I'm talking about intuitiveness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I'm not talking about intelligence. I'm talking about intuitiveness.
    What's that? Is that when you like, just have a feeling about something?