User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeseed View Post
    I really love NF males. Although I have to say, I think some NF's, if we're unhealthy emotionally, can be pretty horrible, that goes for anyone I guess. But for the most part NF males, to me are the best! Those qualities are so attractive to me, especially if they're comfortable with being how they are.
    Also NF females are awesome you know, I feel understood and they are really warm.

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by hopeseed View Post
    I really love NF males. Although I have to say, I think some NF's, if we're unhealthy emotionally, can be pretty horrible, that goes for anyone I guess. But for the most part NF males, to me are the best! Those qualities are so attractive to me, especially if they're comfortable with being how they are.
    That puts a smile on my face.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFJ

Trying out this forum at the suggestion of another member ... and seeking insight into INFJ females, one of which I am loving for the first time ...

Bill Cosby does this wonderful bit where he's characterizing female behaviors toward men with the summary, "C'mere! C'mere! Get away! Get away!"

Welcome to my first relationship with an INFJ woman ...

MBTI
    INFP

I think the problem is that as men were supposed to be emotionally secure, but for NF men it's more of a challenge since we are so close to them.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Depressing.

I am not going to start being ST... sorry. I don't see why it can't be her being that. I am not interested in cold hard concrete facts. If you want something like that, go spend your time with someone else (and they usually do)... I have no problem with her deciding something trivial (read: almost everything, as long as it doesn't mess with "the code" ), it's just that I am not going to change any more for anyone. If the world is so god damn ST that I can't fit in, then too bad for the world.

I am so fed up with this preconception that I must change to fit in. I've dealt with that my whole life, and I am not doing it anymore.

(I must add that I really enjoyed reading the discussion, I am just annoyed by the idea of changing myself to fill someone's expectations)

It's a freakin smiley party up in here!

Wow! This is totally what I was feeling too while I read through the thread. I really like your post. I knew if I read long enough I'd have someone to relate back to!

I can understand where the OP is coming from to a certain extent. On the NT side, I really haven't seen many NT-NT relationships and maybe they have the problem that their women are too dikish. It just really sucks that NT women are so few and far between, though.

I really do think that the word "repulsed" is really harsh. I would think that something as simply as saying that the relationship fizzle or the flame was put out would be a much better way of putting it. I guess I'm done for now.

BTW, I totally switched from Tubular Bells to Metallica in response to this thread.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Typology aside it kind of bums me out how women don't have a problem dressing up the "damsel in distress" outfit society as created for them.

The pressure to perform is almost always on the male side of things. We have to act tough even if we aren't. Women can just latch on to a tough guy.
    Thank you. I agree. I find emotionally expressive guys refreshing in our hegemonically masculine society. Learning to handle emotions healthily and to deal with the practicalities of life is something all NFs have to learn- it shouldn't be more acceptable for a female to be deficient in this respect than for a male.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I see it only as a positive. I see no reason to be turned off. Perhaps if the person is extremely rigid in their sense of morals or extremely extroverted then it would be too much for me. It's easy for me to be with someone similar to myself, and I'm rather flexible but also very private.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    947 so/sx

I'm an NF female and in a couple of months, will be married to my NF male and we've been dating for 2-3 years now. There's a lot of challenges, I won't lie. There's just something about him that makes me wait patiently for him while he goes through his stormy moods, and he always come running back to me when the smoke clears. If two NFs want to be together... someone has to be the rock in the relationship and have a huge amount of patience for the other one.

I love the man to death and I cannot live without him.
    Likes Xann liked this post